test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP behavior

Hi, would anyone please watch PVP? the point is, if you want to start playing, you have to pick up Gear somehow, even if you're at the top of the tables in terms of both capture and kill, they happen to be kicked out like AFK. It doesn't seem very fair to me just because you currently have PVE: /
In game - Joranka

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Your post might gain more attention if you post it in the PvP section: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/pvp-discussion-pc

As for your post, I am not sure what you mean by "PvP Behavior" to gears, kicking and to what is fair? Elaborate and give example for context.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Hi, would anyone please watch PVP? the point is, if you want to start playing, you have to pick up Gear somehow, even if you're at the top of the tables in terms of both capture and kill, they happen to be kicked out like AFK. It doesn't seem very fair to me just because you currently have PVE: /

I dont really understand your point either, sorry, please explain your gripe :)
  • thassarian#8196 thassarian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

Your post might gain more attention if you post it in the PvP section: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/pvp-discussion-pc

As for your post, I am not sure what you mean by "PvP Behavior" to gears, kicking and to what is fair? Elaborate and give example for context.

One needs to start the PVP season somehow, even if one does not have the proper gear for PVP, one has to go through a lot of laps to make money. But in PVP there are still only groups all week all week. And even if you have more capture points than they still redeem you. Whether it's envy or not. However, newcomers will never pick up gear again because they will be digging for AFK even if you are more active than them. In the finals, the points are passed on in the style that no one is beating and just rising to capture due to the score ...Sorry for the translation
    In game - Joranka
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter PvP; the most toxic aspect of the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Welcome to Neverwinter PvP; the most toxic aspect of the game.

Thank you, it's easy for me to stop paying. I can't contribute and pay for something where people behave this way.
    In game - Joranka
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Welcome to PvP; the most toxic aspect of any game.

Fixed :)

greywynd said:

Welcome to PvP; the most toxic aspect of any game.

Fixed :)

Fixed? In what sense?
    In game - Joranka
    Egos run rampant wherever PvP is found.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I stopped PVP for the same reason years ago.... It is a nitch which is what it is
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Just to keep this discussion going i'll play devils advocate
    [disclaimer: i play like 6-7 matches per season and i genuinely dislike pvp]

Most people play pvp to....win, and if when someone inspects you they see that you haven't spent any effort to get some useful stats, their first reaction is to kick you immediately.

Kicking is HAMSTER but i see their reasoning, because of the way stats work nowadays if you just go in with pve stats(even a top of the top endgame pve setup) you're just going to die whenever someone with pvp stats farts in your direction. That can be seen as just not wanting to pull your weight at all.

A proposed fix would be some matchmaking system based on stats followed by locking out the ability to swap gear while flagged for pvp.

or remove pvp altogether, i'm sure the 3 people who like it will rage for a few days and then stop lol
    /troll answer>
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    So, what I am reading is: its not fair everyone is good and I am not. Therefore all PvP is toxic.

1. Everyone is better than you at PvP because they went online and found out what stats are important
    2. You ASSUME that when you join a PvP, your teammates will hold your hand and gladly lose because they want you to feel happy about your participation award
    3. Your teammates (or Enemies) have studied many online video's and blogs about how to become better at PvP, maybe you should try that before complaining and pointing fingers
    4. You ASSUME that good PvP are just pay to win or have been doing this for a long time and their equipment is mostly too hard to obtain. Actually the gear is pretty easy to obtain, you just need certain stats for you class. AND you dont need as manny Different STATS in PvP as you do in PvE
    5. (x) is too overpowered for PvP. Yes and no, the only power i see that is OP for PvP is the Tunnel vision. But honestly, Mine is maxed out and it is still hard for me to bring down a good healer or tank with it. So it is a decent equalizer. But not the at all NEEDED as not everyone uses it. (watch videos)

There, hope that helps. Conclusion: Watch Video's and read PvP blogs. Or just don't play PvP.
    No. The problem with PvP is that there is a separation of PvP/PvE gear and stats. That never should have happened. Tenacity never should have been a thing.
  • mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    TBH OP that isn't anything new in competitive gameplay, in fact you will also see the same thing happening in PvE content as well.
    When seasons are up and running your probably going to find it more prevalent as the match up system is so bad and high geared dedicated pvp'ers will feast on low geared, inexperienced players to their hearts content, so pugs will invariably kick you out in favor of getting someone a little better.. if the system allowed for competing in specific tiers only then maybe that would help with the issue... the only way to progress to the next tier and fight against better, stronger, more organised competition's is to do well in little league until you reach the top tiers and are able to be more competitive either in solo or domination... that's just the fault of the system really, its balanced in favour of those who genuinely want to pvp and have already reached that decked out BiS gear by put in the countless hours.
    Maybe run as a guild or an alliance, it might help you enjoy it more perhaps.

Now win trading and taking timeouts to save your win/loss record in seasons.. i find that much more problematic and fun killing tbh.