test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE]Extended PC Maintenance [11/5/2020][Complete]

Comments

• mothified#3940 mothified Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    "Bogdanoff! The maintenance deadline is almost finished! the forum is on fire!"
    Bogdanoff: Do it
    *adds another hour of maintenance*
    Bogdanoff: When the maintenance ends, let them log in and buy from Zen Shop. Then kill them, and find anozer"
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    How can a restart broke the zen market?

Did you change the max rate to 1000 lol ?
    > @decioteixeirapt said:
    > Its been so many years since mod 5 when this game was so AMAZING and things like this still happen over the years... The name of this game must change to Neverlearn and the Halloween event to ''Neverdrop the freaking sash Muhahahaha!!!''
    > xD

Man, some things never change...for example, I had 6 toons and was away from the game for FIVE years, only came back about a month ago....but some thigns never change...like the fact that ArcGames doesn't give a damn about its playerbase *Kekw*
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    i'm fine with cryptic losing income, i have no problem with it at all..it isnt like they use what they have to improve their service, gameplay, hire competent coders to go over issues that have lingered on for years, they just stick a 'temporary' band aid on things- promise to fix them at a later date but never get round to it (almost 2 years now we have had those 'stand in the circle' circles in dungeon entrances), and so now they are just accepted as part of the game.
    it's a poor show all around.
    it's just a shame that they dont care as much for the game as the people that play it, and sink cash into it.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    so in 10 mins, will the maintenance get another extension? most likely
    > @"madrigal#2900" said:
    > i'm fine with cryptic losing income, i have no problem with it at all..it isnt like they use what they have to improve their service, gameplay, hire competent coders to go over issues that have lingered on for years, they just stick a 'temporary' band aid on things- promise to fix them at a later date but never get round to it (almost 2 years now we have had those 'stand in the circle' circles in dungeon entrances), and so now they are just accepted as part of the game.
    > it's a poor show all around.
    > it's just a shame that they dont care as much for the game as the people that play it, and sink cash into it.

It's a common tactic of such devs to "work the horse till it dies" without even taking care of it, then move on to the next workhorse they can milk for cash
    > @"rev#7881" said:
    > so in 10 mins, will the maintenance get another extension? most likely

We should probably start taking bets, make the most out of the situation, ya know? :P
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    im guessing no free appearance change token while a free item in the claim agent after this is said and done
  • cogscreamcogscream Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Charlie Foxtrot. Not enough technical support (obviously) and sure as heck not enough / any customer care.
  • should be due an extension in a few minutes guy and dolls

• aelracaelrac Member Posts: 18 Arc User

im guessing no free appearance change token while a free item in the claim agent after this is said and done

Why appearance change? just curious
  • syrenuisyrenui Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User

How can a restart broke the zen market?
    Did you change the max rate to 1000 lol ?

I was wondering the same, but then I found the anouncements of the limited time keyring and VIP 20% off.
    So I suppose a mistake happened trying to implement those two...

• ovacomerovacomer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Take all of the time you need....just do it right!!
  • molchar#7365 molchar Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I'm not a Cryptic fanboi here but I have worked on coding projects where they try to hand you someone else's code. You can spend years coding and know it well but if they hand you a tangled mess of Christmas lights (code that's not well-commented and/or poorly designed objects) there's a big labor effort just to figure out what does what. Even putting it in a debugger in step mode takes time.

Again, I'm as disgruntled as a lot of you are about the bug fixes and stuff.
    edited November 2020
    in 10 mins we'll know if they have any shred of dignity and just extend it indefinitely till further notice instead of baiting us with 1 hour extensions
  • decioteixeiraptdecioteixeirapt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    @mothified#3940
    I got back 2 months ago to NWPC after 3 years break cuz real life happens outside. When i load my poor Acid (CW) and i see everything is diferent... Passed from a BiS CW to a strugling and health stone consuming Wizard with all the powers messed up...
    Still i give it a chance and to be honest im enjoying the game. But im not realling enjoying it today =P
    Acid
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    guess i was right, another 30 mins :)

edit* i was wrong by a minute, it wasn't in 10 mins they will extend the maintenance it was in 9 mins
  • ardensarrows#5257 ardensarrows Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, are we looking good for the restart in a few minutes?
  • xtable#5805 xtable Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    world also went down fast.instead of 30 min timer it went down in 10 mins after announcment and i needed 100 more marks to buy event companion. i almost had it and world went down couldnot even buy companion. get your HAMSTER together cryptic
  • molchar#7365 molchar Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    OK, joke time:

Q: What do you get when you combine a dyslexic, an agnostic, and an insomniac?
    A: Someone who sits up at night wondering if there really is a doG.
    @decioteixeirapt when I came back to the game, everything was so different and I was so disoriented that I just scrapped my cleric and fighter to make a warlock and paladin and relearn the game from scratch :P once I do, I will get back to my other 4 classes and see what changed. in the meantime, they make me gold (which I turn to AD) and have gained 5 levels only from prayers :') they were all were all T1 and T2, mostly because I am a good AH playa ;)
  • xxxzeraxxx#3194 xxxzeraxxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @decioteixeirapt said:
    > Its been so many years since mod 5 when this game was so AMAZING and things like this still happen over the years... The name of this game must change to Neverlearn and the Halloween event to ''Neverdrop the freaking sash Muhahahaha!!!''
    > xD

That sash omg i did over 2k pinatas but i finially got that thing yesterday
  • pacificateur250pacificateur250 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    👎🏻
  • yvngmanj#5150 yvngmanj Member Posts: 4 New User
    went from 10am to 3:30 btw
  • gregorhawke#2171 gregorhawke Member Posts: 3 New User
    Do I hear 30 minutes?! Yes we have a bid for 30 minutes can I get an hour? Yes 1 hour do i hear 2 more hours? Man the bids on this maintenance auction just keep going up with no winners in sight...
  • ozmosus42#0590 ozmosus42 Member Posts: 15 Arc User

any word on the key we will lose for those who pay for vip

Don't hold your Breath.. They don't care..
This discussion has been closed.