test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance: How is possible?

Comments

• Options
    fulozafuloza Member Posts: 7 Arc User

2 hours is an arbitrary time set aside for regular maintenance, often the server is back up after only 90 minutes, however, on occasion they also run over time, this typically happens when they add in patches to fix reported items deemed important enough to not wait for the next patch date.

comrades, arbitrary time does not exist. especially not in sensitive matters. patch is not announced at all, the difference is between Maintenance and patch, patch is mostly data (files) including SQL data and so to speak is installed, while maintenance is used to maintain and clean the server. before each maintenance event, the entire structure on which the maintenance is performed should be inspected and the time predicted. sometimes this time is not provided properly, and additional time is needed. 2 hours have been announced, according to assumptions, and now it is already five o'clock to wait, which means that there is significantly more extended time than anticipated. so I ask you now how long are people expected to live to be 80? and imagine living at 200?
  • Options
    mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    "no patch" - "has to update game files before playing"

I'm expecting this again ^ Happened last week as well. 40Mb download with no patch notes. So either they started pre-patching or just don't want to tell us what they changed XD
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    sinneblom said:

hannibalsmith you had 2 weeks or 14 days to farm those tokens so don't blame the computerguys who work hard to fix what ever they need to fix :s

Actually I only need the Witch Sash for the Broom Mount so I should have said "farming pinatas, or making sure I have enough tokens to buy the Sash at the last-chance vendor".

As to the rest of your comment, how come the "computer guys" usually get the job done in just 2 hours or less, while today is 5 hours (so far).

I still contend that a problem was found with wrapping up the Masquerade event.

The Game Opening screen says "Please check the forums". But no news so far.
  • Options
    jerrickhummerjerrickhummer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Is there a reason the server is still down? Has there been an official announcement? If so, where is it? If not, why not?
    Thank you
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    jerrickhummerjerrickhummer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Thank you.

The launcher advises players to check the forums. Why is there no update on the forums, as advised? This is simple customer service. Shouldn't be hard.
    Thank you
  • Options
    mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    fuloza said:

2 hours is an arbitrary time set aside for regular maintenance, often the server is back up after only 90 minutes, however, on occasion they also run over time, this typically happens when they add in patches to fix reported items deemed important enough to not wait for the next patch date.

comrades, arbitrary time does not exist. especially not in sensitive matters. patch is not announced at all, the difference is between Maintenance and patch, patch is mostly data (files) including SQL data and so to speak is installed, while maintenance is used to maintain and clean the server. before each maintenance event, the entire structure on which the maintenance is performed should be inspected and the time predicted. sometimes this time is not provided properly, and additional time is needed. 2 hours have been announced, according to assumptions, and now it is already five o'clock to wait, which means that there is significantly more extended time than anticipated. so I ask you now how long are people expected to live to be 80? and imagine living at 200?
    Cos this is a sensitive issue, right...Gees c'mon, calm down it's just a longer than normal maintenance session.. something arbitrary might of caused something a little more catastrophic and it's taking sometime to get sorted.
    Take a giant chill pill, go outside, breath the fresh air and count some butterflies - normal game service will resume as soon as it is ready to do so, honest.
  • Options
    Maintenance taking its time first loaded up it said 1600hrs utc now it says 20.00 utc, im in the uk so it +1hr don't think i will be getting on it tonight, just would be nice if they keep you posted rather than keep you hanging.
  • Options
    mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Another hour added XD
  • Options
    mothified#3940 mothified Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Meanwhile they are shamelessly promoting discounts on twitter. That's where all the money goes folks! on 7+ hours of maintenance. on servers that can't handle 20 players per instance and cause rubberbanding
  • Options
    shameful if you ask me you think they would notify there own forum first rather than twitter, can see where there priority's lie
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Well, I mean ArcGames IS a chinese owned company....and we all know how much chinese game devs value their player base *Kappa*
    Edit: You can tell by the fact that Tencent only cares to buy small stocks from major companies and just leech money instead of delivering good games
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Two of the hamsters that power the servers escaped and they are trying to track them down. No way the servers can run with only one hamster on the wheel. I did hear that that the top hamster was scheduled to move to MtG, so they really have to find that one.
  • Options
    > @"cracklepants#2252" said:
    > Two of the hamsters that power the servers escaped and they are trying to track them down. No way the servers can run with only one hamster on the wheel. I did hear that that the top hamster was scheduled to move to MtG, so they really have to find that one.

That's probably Minsc's hamster LUL
  • Options

> @cracklepants#2252 said:

> Two of the hamsters that power the servers escaped and they are trying to track them down. No way the servers can run with only one hamster on the wheel. I did hear that that the top hamster was scheduled to move to MtG, so they really have to find that one.

That's probably Minsc's hamster LUL

could be true lol
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Greetings,

As you may have noticed, maintance is currently extended until 9pm UTC (22:00 CET) due to a technical issue.

The dev team is still investigating and actively working to fix it as soon as possible.

We have also fixed the times on the launcher (UST and CET) due to time change in the US.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    Here's the hamster, look at the PFP *Pog*
  • Options
    fulozafuloza Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    mutantgun said:

"no patch" - "has to update game files before playing"

I'm expecting this again ^ Happened last week as well. 40Mb download with no patch notes. So either they started pre-patching or just don't want to tell us what they changed XD

kreatyve said:
    why were we told that the maintenance would take 2 hours and now we are already waiting for 6 hours? why the launcher says to check the forum, and you send us a notification in the form of a "replay" that the maintenance has been extended for another hour. you need 2h and you have extended another 4h. are the players stupid?

do you have any technical staff in your company?

• Options
    percemer said:

Greetings,

As you may have noticed, maintance is currently extended until 9pm UTC (22:00 CET) due to a technical issue.

The dev team is still investigating and actively working to fix it as soon as possible.

We will also fixed the times on the launcher (UST and CET) due to time change in the US.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,

time is a valuable commodity i hope you know that or bare that in mind fans have wasted time there day or evening waiting the news would of been nice earlier on when you encountered the issue.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Its just a server restart! Dont worry
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options

Its just a server restart! Dont worry

Pentium 2 server
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    WAIT- you have to plug the other end of the line cord into the wall outlet!! :astonished:
  • Options
    byegodbyegod Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    People are venting and that is just normal. As soon as the servers come up all will go back to the normal amount of complaining.
  • Options
    molchar#7365 molchar Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I used the extra downtime to take a shower, clean the cat box, and bag all the Mtn Dew bottles and hoho wrappers from around my.... OH LOOK, my computer... Maybe the fans will cool better now
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    The server down is used to check how many NW players out there. Now, we see all the new (to forum) players coming here suddenly. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Enjoy +1 hour boys and girls! it's a wondrous bazaar bonus
  • Options
    ozmosus42#0590 ozmosus42 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    They extended it again no update as to why...
  • Options

The server down is used to check how many NW players out there. Now, we see all the new (to forum) players coming here suddenly. :)

im new to the forum but ive been playing this game since 2016, never really need to come on up to now lol
This discussion has been closed.