test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for Extra room in Guild Hall

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
edited October 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Ello. Pls pass this onto the Devs for future consideration, TY.

Had an idea,
There are several doors along the sides in the Stronghold guild hall which go nowhere (note: as I've never had a guild hall max level I do not know if they open or unlock later but I am assuming because I've never heard of anything like this, they do not. If they do pls advise but I doubt they do), they are there for aesthetic value only and are not clickable. I suggest they are utilized as extra unlockable rooms at max guild hall level to serve as an added max level guild feature to unlock, or perhaps even at lvl 1 to serve as a basic function of any guild at any level. That would be nice actually based on what I am about to suggest and how it would play-out for the guild experience.

My first choice for a new room would be a medieval kitchen. In this kitchen you would be able to make (actually cook) food items for guild members only to use by doing the following:

New items would appear on the stronghold adventure map to collect in the form of plants and herbs, also incorporated could be some of the critters we currently kill anyway, like the bears, spiders, devils etc and when they are killed they could give you a new drop sometimes (not all the time) of components for cooking. Any guild member of any rank can participate, this is universally turned 'on' at all times and does not require unlocking permissions to do such as decorating, when you share a house everyone has full access to the kitchen after all so as soon as a guild member is in a guild they can start participating, although it could be in permissions tab for ranks if it was thought it was a good idea to prevent recruits to a guild (before being made members) from getting in there and doing damage, I don't know really but it should be available for all full members of all ranks and not overly restricted. To begin this process first the utilities must be purchased which is done with guild marks, such as all the fixtures like ovens, grills, saucepans, pots etc. Once these have been purchased they do not sit in a separate inventory like other decorations do, they are visible in the room, the oven is there all the time, the saucepans hang on the wall, each knife is clickable etc, so they all sit there visibly decorating the kitchen permanently and sparkle and are clickable to use.

Once all equipment has been acquired necessary for any particular recipe (ascertained first from a menu), your guild is good to go start cooking, a guild member checks the cooking page to see what they need to make a batch of food buffs, goes to the cupboard (which when you click opens a menu of available ingredients people have donated to the pantry), and selects those ingredients, click the appropriate item in the kitchen to add the items and begin cooking. The cooking items then show an animation of cooking in some way, a boiling pot with steam on the stove, a rotating carcass over a fire, flames inside an oven, and so on. The actively cooking items must be tended every hour or so or they will burn and go bad. Any guild member of any rank can go into the kitchen and tend to the cooking items so they keep cooking and do not go wrong and spoil or burn or whatever. If this happens the cook fails and the animation goes and the item reverts to an idle image. (edit: You could also have a new idle image of a spoiled pan full of black burned goo or a black charred carcass on a spit which had to be 'cleaned' for 1 or 2 guild marks if you wanted some more fun to it and add more realism.) If everyone tends the cooking properly (it's not hard and would encourage guild members to be at their guilds more just so they could check the cooking and click as necessary) and the cooking is successful, it is then laid-out on a surface as an image of a plate or whatever and is clickable as either "eat now" or "put in inventory". It could also be put into a new section of the food seller outside, but the point of this is to make the stronghold guild hall a more immersive experience so the cooked items should be seen in the kitchen they were made in. When they are there they sparkle and you can click them and consume them live with an animation, or put them in your inventory to eat later on. Also in the kitchen room would be a large table (it can be put in through the decoration facility) and chairs so that guild members can hang around in the kitchen as they see fit and chill-out and chat. We all know the most interesting people are in the kitchens at parties.

Another idea for a room going off the guild hall is a 'war room' or some kind of meeting room (possibly with a real 'Round Table' in the middle of it, loads of people would like that) where guild members can design content together. We bring back Foundry, but it is now a guild activity and people can do it in groups if they wish. People can sit around the table or hang out in the war room and work together to design new skimishes, dungeons and so on, as people used to do in Foundry on their own. I have no idea how this would work coding-wise, to have several players all collaborating on the same creation and working on it at the same time, but when it was created and finished, it could have the guild's name on it (so something special for the guild to put into the game permanently and have their name on), along with the names of the players who worked on it and what year. It could go into a permanent menu of 'Foundry' quests which all players on Neverwinter could then play and enjoy.

Well anyway we have a few doors there doing nothing in the guild hall we could use which could go to completely new rooms, but I was really writing about the kitchen/cooking thing which takes advantage of those empty doors, I know it would add something very nice to the guild experience for guild members to have and enjoy and improve their immersive experience. I also used to play cooking games way back over 10 years ago on FB games etc and they were very addictive and they work very well on their timer system and it would fit into the current Neverwinter model perfectly. The food buffs which were cooked could be pretty basic and low-level (same as we have a generic mount power now and other better ones) so they need not compete with the ones already there. It's basically all about the experience of making them as a team and also having a kitchen to hang out in. Cheers.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
Post edited by rockster#6227 on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Certain doors are being used in Vallenhas Stronghold already. They certainly can use those doors if they want to.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I'd like to see the ability for players to still donate to coffers for half marks, when those coffers are either sealed or full. The donated items/shards/currency would disappear into limbo and the player would get half the normal amount of guild marks for the donation.

Many of us are in alliances with coffers completely maxxed. We accumulate a thousand shards we cant donate... and yet we can't even afford a mutton leg from the vendor because we can't earn any guild marks. PLEASE FIX. It is demoralizing and makes players feel unconnected to their guild & alliance.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Lots of possibly for the new doors.

How about a guild workshop on one of the lowe level doors with a shared guild professions storage similar to the guild bank?

The war room suggested above could be fun, a room where players can 'train" with 1v1 PvP ?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Why do a kitchen when the stronghold already sells food?
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I'd like once you step outside the stronghold area onto the bridges, that be alliance territory. Too often you don't see others in stronghold doing heroics or BHEs, this would make it feel fuller and give a proper alliance feeling. While I understand you can visit other strongholds in your alliance, I believe it should be separated. This would also give future potential for expanding the Stronghold outward, or having an unique Stronghold per guild, not just some minor decorations.

Only issue would be with tending structures/building them, but I'm sure they can make it so each area has the proper interactions when someone from the alliance goes to complete a quest or tend them.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

Why do a kitchen when the stronghold already sells food?

Because it's what a guild hall kitchen with clickable interactive items and cooking silly things as a group for everyone to use would give to the user experience. It would create a more lifelike and immersive experience for players. It offers a whole new activity experience to go alongside everything else and a new room for people to hang out in and would encourage guild members to be more present in the stronghold.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    The items you cook up do not even have to compete with the current ones, they could even be a variety of vanity effects such as you get with the wand of wonders, where you turn blue or get bigger or smaller for 5 minutes, or a combo of this and generic food buffs from one menu. But seeing it is a kitchen, I initially thought of food buffs because, well, kitchen/food. Only the guild members would be able to use these (not tradeable, not sellable, not mailable etc).
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Lots of possibly for the new doors.

How about a guild workshop on one of the lowe level doors with a shared guild professions storage similar to the guild bank?

The war room suggested above could be fun, a room where players can 'train" with 1v1 PvP ?

Good ideas!
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

The items you cook up do not even have to compete with the current ones, they could even be a variety of vanity effects such as you get with the wand of wonders, where you turn blue or get bigger or smaller for 5 minutes, or a combo of this and generic food buffs from one menu. But seeing it is a kitchen, I initially thought of food buffs because, well, kitchen/food. Only the guild members would be able to use these (not tradeable, not sellable, not mailable etc).

Fire!!! and the Guild Hall burns down from an unwatched cooking fire. And you can always add 'specialty items' on a limited time basis.

This is why most Cook Houses were separate from the main house.
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User

I'd like to see the ability for players to still donate to coffers for half marks, when those coffers are either sealed or full. The donated items/shards/currency would disappear into limbo and the player would get half the normal amount of guild marks for the donation.

Many of us are in alliances with coffers completely maxxed. We accumulate a thousand shards we cant donate... and yet we can't even afford a mutton leg from the vendor because we can't earn any guild marks. PLEASE FIX. It is demoralizing and makes players feel unconnected to their guild & alliance.

Alternatively, maybe one or more of the lvl 20 guilds in your Alliance can hive off and create a new Alliance with some lower level guilds. You will be able to donate to the lower level guild to help them level up and they will have access to a higher level marketplace for spending their marks. You can still keep connected to your old Alliance using Discord or custom channels in game chat.