test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things I've noticed

1.We have Barbarians and Uthgardt mentioned in the games plenty of times. So why isn't he a deity that a barbarian can choose?

2. We have had 8 character classes for a long time now. Is there any plans to expand it? Perhaps a Blade Master or a Monk?

3. Is there any plans to expand the character races? Perhaps Cat folk, Centaurs, Or Goliaths could add some more flavor to the game

4. In the table top game and in the books, Female demon horns are normally short, thin or delicate in appearance. I think it would be nice if the player had a choice in the style.

5. I think a lot of players wouldn't mind seeing a outfit like Wylie Ilmarin ( Protectors enclave ) or Diana Fairwind ( Sacred pool ) as a choice for female characters, and perhaps be able to purchase with AD.

Please let me know what you think. I am curious to hear what others opinions are on the matter.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The last character class added to the game was paladin. That was before I started playing 5 years ago. Since then, rumors of another class being added have been around constantly. Currently most people in the game believe there will be another class added next year. I will believe it when I see it.

Cryptic just added Aasimar race to the game, that had to be unlocked through the temporary Redeemed Citadel campaign (and purchase). You should see some Aasimar begining to be played in the next month.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    we want panda monks !!!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    1 No gods have been added since the development of the game. Barbarian was and to some degree still is, designed to be Great Weapon Fighter. Renaming them was a cosmetic change made to satisfy Wizards of the Coasts desire to bury memories of 4th edition tabletop. Deity choice isn't something the studio has ever seemed to care about, at any point in the game's life.

2 May get a new class next year, if the devs don't change their plans.

3 Any new race we get will be reskinned human as the Gith are. Non human frames and heads have been too much trouble for the devs already. (see dwarf noses and dragborn everythings)

4 I assume you mean Tieflings. From 4th edition onward, the race has always been depicted as having large ram horns, part of the whole Asmodeus becoming a god story.

5 Wizards and Warlocks have versions of Wylie' robes already. The apron she has is different but IMO not as good as what players have. We aren't given the ability to disable bra visuals, however.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Every time they have added a class, it has been so seriously broken, that it took months to fix. They start out significantly overpowered, then get nerfed through the floor, and then get brought back to some state of balanced. That was back when this game had a lot of the original developers and as I understand it, those guys are gone. We shall see.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Ranger (mod 2) probably had some or most of the original team. Warlock (mod 4) and Paladin (mod 6) were probably different people. There was a shift what the devs seemed to be aiming for by mod 4 but I don't know which devs were around then.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    1. There are a ton of deities that they should add imo, including some evil ones...however it seems the developers when the game was created wanted to railroad us into being goodly heros.

2. There are solid plans for a new class, just will take some time for them to create and balance.
    kharkov58 said:

The last character class added to the game was paladin. That was before I started playing 5 years ago. Since then, rumors of another class being added have been around constantly. Currently most people in the game believe there will be another class added next year. I will believe it when I see it.

Cryptic just added Aasimar race to the game, that had to be unlocked through the temporary Redeemed Citadel campaign (and purchase). You should see some Aasimar begining to be played in the next month.

-here is your proof https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/db/2a/db2adc94a210bfeb18b548c6e65120a61596842618.jpg
    an image given to us by the developers found in the news forums here:https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1257330/updated-neverwinter-roadmap-stream/p1
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    And none of that timeline has ever been pushed back? I repeat, I will believe it when I see it.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

And none of that timeline has ever been pushed back? I repeat, I will believe it when I see it.

I didn't realize you meant when you see the class in game. I thought you meant when you see developers actually saying that there will be a new class in M21, and not just players spreading rumors. Which they (the developers) haven't done since Paladin was announced/implemented. They know the class, even have told us that one of the paragon paths is DPS (I know big shocker there).
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    This is why I prefer to play the table top version of D&D and not some PC or console game such as this one. I am here basically to do personal testing, I tend to look at this particular game as an litmus test in my work. But you asked some good questions, so here are some of my opinions.

1.We have Barbarians and Uthgardt mentioned in the games plenty of times. So why isn't he a deity that a barbarian can choose?

I not only ask this same question, but where are the chaotic and evil deities? Why can't I pick Asmodeus? The answer is self evident, in the dialog they keep talking to as a hero, even as a Drow you get called a hero. In my games, if you walk into Neverwinter as a Drow, you better be well armed. There is a serious lack of any evil or chaotic alignment in this game. Then my other issues is the deity chosen doesn't matter, I might as well play an Ewok and worship C3PO in this game. Deities should grant the players buffs and debuffs in accordance to the deities standings. As an example; Asmodeus would grant power and you would lose favor when working together with people such as Celeste. In the end - the game designers probably didn't need the extra hours in overtime.

2. We have had 8 character classes for a long time now. Is there any plans to expand it? Perhaps a Blade Master or a Monk?

To my understanding, this game started out with 4 classes. They slowly added the rest over time up to module 6. Module 6 was a simple case of "biting off more than you can chew". Module 6 not only added Oathbound Paladins, but raised the level cap from 60 to 70. Dungeons broke and had to reworked costing them an entire year without dungeons. The statistics showed the game lost about 40 to 50 percent of the player base. Meanwhile, I know more classes do exist in Dungeons & Dragons Online, but the engine is WoW like, the setting is Eberron (steampunk version) and some classes are cash only to play.

3. Is there any plans to expand the character races? Perhaps Cat folk, Centaurs, Or Goliaths could add some more flavor to the game

While this game has the Tabaxi (cat people) as NPCs, the game studio has not displayed any desire to make anything that will require them to make another line of armor for non-human races. Again this boils down to a work ethic. Do we want to add the Tabaxi and be lazy with the hat clipping the ears or do we make an all new wardrobe for this new race? Also I will just link this and state while there are 4 free to play races on DDO: Eberron, they have Warforged, Gnome, and a lot of paid races available.

4. In the table top game and in the books, Female demon horns are normally short, thin or delicate in appearance. I think it would be nice if the player had a choice in the style.

Yes it would be nice, but they seem to have issues just selling wigs here. I can tell you this is due the greater detail in the 3D models. Most games with a lot of detail is going to cost you both cash and a powerful gaming PC just to run them. Many AAA games hire clay sculptors, as well as, 2D and 3D artists just making these models. These people are normally contracted and disposed of after the job is completed.

5. I think a lot of players wouldn't mind seeing a outfit like Wylie Ilmarin ( Protectors enclave ) or Diana Fairwind ( Sacred pool ) as a choice for female characters, and perhaps be able to purchase with AD.

Please let me know what you think. I am curious to hear what others opinions are on the matter.

Ok kiddo, all good questions, I hope you like my opinions. :+1:

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    pitshade said:

1 No gods have been added since the development of the game. Barbarian was and to some degree still is, designed to be Great Weapon Fighter. Renaming them was a cosmetic change made to satisfy Wizards of the Coasts desire to bury memories of 4th edition tabletop. Deity choice isn't something the studio has ever seemed to care about, at any point in the game's life.

2 May get a new class next year, if the devs don't change their plans.

3 Any new race we get will be reskinned human as the Gith are. Non human frames and heads have been too much trouble for the devs already. (see dwarf noses and dragborn everythings)

4 I assume you mean Tieflings. From 4th edition onward, the race has always been depicted as having large ram horns, part of the whole Asmodeus becoming a god story.

5 Wizards and Warlocks have versions of Wylie' robes already. The apron she has is different but IMO not as good as what players have. We aren't given the ability to disable bra visuals, however.

All of this is true.
    Well, I can not speak directly about #5, but a player should always check all of the craftable gear for their class, as well as all of the other armors they can find or purchase. Even the vendors in PE that sell basic HAMSTER might surprise you with an item you can use for appearance changes.

=============

I would love to see more patron dieties available.
    It has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time now.

Dieties make no mechanical difference in the game, so why are there so few available to us as players? Ilmater, Red Knight, and several others are mentioned in the game but not available for players.
    Add to that changes made to the FR since 5th edition.

Evil dieties are not necessary. Whether it's Cryptic, WotC, or just a dev decision not to include them, there are still plenty of good and neutral dieties out there that could be added.

A small write-up (as the current dieties have), a simple symbol design, and get them in. I am talking about adding a dozen or so new dieties.

Lathander, Mielikki, Red Knight, Ilmater, Uthgardt, Helm, Bahamut, and more.

I would further like to have a special quest available that would allow for a diety change.

Climb the mountain, fight the enemies that stand in your way (since I am operating from a good/neutral diety only assumption, devils and demons seem like a safe pick for universal enemies), approach the holy site at the mountaintop and fight the bigbad, and then you get to read all the diety info and take your pick (I am thinking either 1) A cathedral that you enter and all the various symbols are on the walls. You can click those to read the info and then click an altar to choose, or 2) A simple stone altar on the mountaintop that you click and can then select every diety from a list to read info on and then either click the "make patron" or "go back" button where you can read about more dieties).

This would include picking the same diety that you currently have, so it's a thing that anyone can take part in. Just call it a pilgrimage of faith.

Some people argue that since dieties matter so little that any work is a waste of time, but I think that too often people overlook character attachment.
    A diety change may help a player become more attached to their character, especially if they underwent a race change, and that can keep them playing longer and spending more money as a result.

But I do not hold out much hope.