test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wtf is wrong with this game? Tons of bugs, glitches, and broken functions

Why can’t you fix the brokenness of this game before you come out with more broken content? For example the zen exchange. Fix that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! No one can buy anything. ridiculous

Comments

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Every game has some bugs, but in my own play experience, the game's in a good state overall.

The Zen Exchange (affectionately named ZAX by many players) isn't broken. But, especially now leading up to November when there's always been a significant sale, many players want to trade their AD for Zen. That means there is a large supply of AD compared to the supply of Zen. Trades clear in the order they were placed, and it takes quite a while for trades placed in the last few months to clear (the latest I heard, as of a few days ago, it takes about 6 weeks on PC).

Prior to the backlog becoming so large in the past few months, my experience was that a trade took 3-4 weeks to fill (again on PC).

Again, this isn't a bug. The ZAX is a player-driven exchange that works on the law of supply & demand. It requires advanced planning to use.

Fundamentally, Cryptic could "fix" the ZAX in a few ways:
    • Removing AD from the game (AD sinks). There have been some steps in this direction, but they haven't had much impact from what I can observe as a player. If you have suggestions for things AD-rich players would like spending AD on that won't significantly disadvantage the average player, by all means, share them.
    • Allowing less AD to be generated in game. This was done once by capping the amount of raw AD that can be converted to actual AD at the account rather than character level. It wasn't a super popular choice, but I'm sure it helped. A further reduction is unlikely to be popular.
    • Increasing or removing the artificial exchange rate cap. It was increased once from 500:1 to 750:1. Such a step instantly devalues AD but makes the market for AD more fluid.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    My last order on xbox a couple of days ago filled in less than 24 hours (with around 1 million backlog). If you want Zen you have two options, 1) place your order and wait, 2) buy it from the store.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

My last order on xbox a couple of days ago filled in less than 24 hours (with around 1 million backlog). If you want Zen you have two options, 1) place your order and wait, 2) buy it from the store.

...and obviously they want you to do option number 2. Very obvious!
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Why can’t you fix the brokenness of this game before you come out with more broken content? For example the zen exchange. Fix that HAMSTER! No one can buy anything. ridiculous

You are not understanding how the zen exchange works (and the economy of this game) it seems. More people are demanding to buy Zen than people selling it so there is a queue for the buyers. Maybe you should inform yourself before you calling out how broken this game is.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    IMO the move to an account cap of 100k increased rather than decreased AD generation. It definitely reduced my income and that of other players like myself, but the majority of players in the game were probably not running more 3 characters and capping RAD on each. It was a big increase for the majority if players and subsequently, the devs have made it much easier to hit 100k than it was in the past.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Hurt me. I regularly ran all of my characters for their daily allotment.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

> @missdayum said:

> (Quote)

> ...and obviously they want you to do option number 2. Very obvious!

Well, the game doesn't run on hopes and dreams. It's a business, and no business will survive without paying customers.

L U L good one. For 5 years now right? Smh.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • aramenes#8032 aramenes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    to solve the problem it's quite simple, currently a player who wants zen has to buy it from someone who sells it

it's "arc" who should buy or sell ad or zen, so no more problems... and I remind you that it's virtual! it wouldn't change anything at all, except that arc would lose the players who, out of desperation, would be paid by cb.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Ok then why is there millions of zen (Literally) in the ad exchange sell tab, but 0 in the buy tab? I’ve been playing this game for about two years now and never has this happened. It looks like there is an HAMSTER load of people trying to sell zen but the game is not allowing people to purchase it. I would under stand if there was zero in the sell tab as well but that is not the case. And if you think there are no bugs and glitches and the game plays fine you must be playing a different game.. here is an obvious example 17234 days of the redeemed citadel huh? That’s normal? Or how appearance items stop working or don’t work, or how my companion keeps getting dismissed when I switch instances or jump into a dungeon, or how when your doing an heroic event and the enemy’s just disappear and don’t allow you to complete the event, or how I have scrolls of mass life that are bound to my account but I can’t use when I go down, or how when you enter into one the memory missions in avernus and nothing happens, you just sit there standing in front of Zariel and the mission doesn’t activate.

It only means you have no idea how Zen exchange works. You did not see empty buy queue before because it did not hit the cap. When it hit the cap, the buy queue MUST be empty.

What is the purpose of a queue? The purpose is to allow listing to wait for the matching deal.
    What does a Zen holder want to buy from Zen Exchange? 750 AD per Zen.
    Is there anyone selling AD in that price? Yes, tons of them.
    Does this Zen holder need to wait to buy his AD with 750 AD per Zen? No, he can buy his AD without waiting.
    So, why would his listing appear in the queue when he does not need to wait at all? No reason. Hence, the queue is empty.

For the 17234 days, it is already posted as a bug.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1258539/redeemed-citadel-timer
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Corey....the names of the exchange store tabs are what YOU are trying to do. The "top zen" listings are there to give you a reference point, they are the OPPOSITE of each tabs function
This discussion has been closed.