test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS4] The contest of liars

I started the quest line on my main character. Didnt want to choose representative until later. Log on to an alt and do the quest line. I now choose the middle representative and do a few quests. I log into yet another alt and repeat. I log back to my main and now i cant choose or continue the quest line. I can grab a mask from the guy but nothing else works. Cant get treats and cant get quests. Its not possible to abandon the quest either, so im stuck on my main.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Team choice is account wide - once you've chosen a team, you can't rep with an alt.
  • Options
    nemesisx#8764 nemesisx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I know that. But one of my chars, my main, is stuck on The contest of Liars. I cant get to next step in quest line, which means i cant do quests for that faction.
  • Options
    alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    " Log on to an alt and do the quest line. I now choose the middle representative and do a few quests"

What you call your alt and main the game doesn't decide, you do.

As you picked a faction already on your "alt" you wouldn't be able to progress on you main as you have already done it. Same for quests you have already picked, as your account has already done the quests then you are not entitled to do them again. One character per account. Just like Hell Pit and others. After event ends the quests will leave your Journal most likely like others.

Have to stick to your choice like i do. I choose a faction on my main this year, but already got broom etc last year. My rogue needs it now but as i picked it on Ranger can't get on my Rogue. * i mean extra quests and hat for treats
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited October 2020

" Log on to an alt and do the quest line. I now choose the middle representative and do a few quests"

What you call your alt and main the game doesn't decide, you do.

As you picked a faction already on your "alt" you wouldn't be able to progress on you main as you have already done it. Same for quests you have already picked, as your account has already done the quests then you are not entitled to do them again. One character per account. Just like Hell Pit and others. After event ends the quests will leave your Journal most likely like others.

Have to stick to your choice like i do. I choose a faction on my main, but already got broom etc last year. My rogue needs it now but as i picked it on Ranger can't get on my Rogue.

It is not true. It is NOT like Hell pit or Nightmares. I use 2 toon for this event. I could use more if I want to.
    The 2nd toon just needs to ask for a mask from the Fraction master you chose for the 1st character.

Yes, both toon go to Chult, CK and Underdark to talk to the tricksters. Both toon go to Moonstone mask to talk to the the guy. Both toon get treats. Both toon get tasty treats, ....

Of course, unless PS4 is different. I am playing in PC. If it is indeed different, I consider that as a bug.

Just for the heck of it, I send the 3rd toon in in PC.

Talk to Masquerade Master (the diamond above his head is 'empty'. Not '?' or '!'). Pick up "Secrets and Lies' and "Trade of Treats'.
    Talk 'Dusky Mourning' (I picked ghost) and pick up 4 'seek and treat' quests and 'Kill or Treat' quest. I also do "I need a mask" which is not a quest but it gives me a mask.
    Go to moonstone mask and talk to Loremaster.
    Back to PE. Return the quest and get the reward.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***