test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The Contest of Lairs" quest bugged out / locked out of the team dailies

kyros#3364 kyros Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I picked up the initial set of quest from the masquerade master, and heeded off to do something else.
was in a hurry didn't talk to the guy by the world tree to select a team

Wife told me I needed to do that while I was on one of my alts, talked to the Contest master, selected my Team
Now on my 3rd alt I was able to go over and pick up the quests, talk to the guy by the world tree and go to my quest section (ghost guy) to get the repeatable quests

When I got back on my main it still showed I needed to talk to the quest giver in the middle and it tells me to make a selection
The quest can't be abandoned
the quest so its glitched and stalls me right there , because its expecting my to make a selection and its already done
I'm unable to pick up the many daily quests for my selected team until that quest is cleared
I'm how ever able to talk to the quest giver and get a replacement mask
so the "The Contest of Lairs" being bugged is what seems to be blocking me

Comments

• siliconplayer#0816 siliconplayer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    My wife's account has the same problem. She has 9 toons and several of them have the contest of liars quest glitched, telling her to choose her representativve.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Same thing happened on one of my alts (Human Barb). He also doesn't change into a ghost while wearing the ghost mask, even my dragonborn does that.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

I picked up the initial set of quest from the masquerade master, and heeded off to do something else.

Wife told me I needed to do that while I was on one of my alts, talked to the Contest master, selected my Team
    Now on my 3rd alt I was able to go over and pick up the quests, talk to the guy by the world tree and go to my quest section (ghost guy) to get the repeatable quests

When I got back on my main it still showed I needed to talk to the quest giver in the middle and it tells me to make a selection
    the quest so its glitched and stalls me right there , because its expecting my to make a selection and its already done
    I'm unable to pick up the many daily quests for my selected team until that quest is cleared

Please submit a ticket to support if you have not done so.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    plan009 said:

Same thing happened on one of my alts (Human Barb). He also doesn't change into a ghost while wearing the ghost mask, even my dragonborn does that.

You have to clear the appearance you have chosen for the head slot in the appearance tab in order to get the ghosty visuals.
  • kyros#3364 kyros Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Please submit a ticket to support if you have not done so.
    I did they sent me back here

I've read your message and I understand that you experienced an issue with the Contest of Liars (quest bugged/glitched.) Upon checking the forum link below, other players are encountering the same case on all platforms. For this one, kindly post as well what you have experience on the bug report forum and I will make sure that our development team is made aware of this issue. You may do so on the second link below.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13165569
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories/bug-reports-pc