test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soradiel not giving stats

bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
I picked up the Soradiel companion from the zen market today, and it will not give me the stats it claims to give. It is supposed to give 3% crit sev and 1500 critical strike. It gives me nothing. A full relog did not fix this. Upgrading to legendary kept the stated stats at 3%/1500 at legendary, but those stats are still not being transferred to my character(this is the case for all my characters). At this point the pet is broken. This seriously needs to be fixed, now.

Comments

• asterix970asterix970 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I follow
    The same for me
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I also got it and made it legendary. Sadly it is giving no stats.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • darkiker3darkiker3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I confirm, soriel does not give me statistics
  • zakarum#5949 zakarum Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I tested the same thing as you, but nothing worked. The companion's status does not synergize with the character, it can only be summoned and used to attack. To see the critical severity bonus I swapped the broom in the same defensive slot and the bonus was there, but Soradiel's was not.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks folks - I'll pass this on for investigation.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Is there any update on this? If there isn't please remove it from the zen store so people don't burn their zen on a broken pet like I did.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Is there any update on this? If there isn't please remove it from the zen store so people don't burn their zen on a broken pet like I did.

I saw patching during today's maintenance, but no changes. Still the same problem. Upgraded to legendary is same as epic (3%, 1500) and not giving stats.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Sell first fix later. Maybe. Classic! Oh well that's what preview server is for. To try out the shady stuff without actually wasting resources.
    krymkac said:

Sell first fix later. Maybe. Classic! Oh well that's what preview server is for. To try out the shady stuff without actually wasting resources.

How do you get something from the zen store on preview without buying it on live first?
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

krymkac said:

How do you get something from the zen store on preview without buying it on live first?
    Oh you cant. There is unbound version of cause that was given to top 100 milestone 3. Same pet different skin. My point was though that we can at least upgrade it to legendary on preview without wasting tokens\ad on live. Not like its ok to sell broken stuff.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    A fix for this should be live in a near future patch.
    edited November 2020
    Should be ? In near ? Can we pay with zen in near future after we try something for 10 day ?!?! 10 days with broken new companion and counting. This "should" be easy and ASAP fix.

Should be ? In near ? Can we pay with zen in near future after we try something for 10 day ?!?! 10 days with broken new companion and counting. This "should" be easy and ASAP fix.

I have another thread on this topic because I asked for a refund on it. Was told to wait. But in my thread I was told there is a fix going out in this weeks patch.
    reg1981 said:

I have another thread on this topic because I asked for a refund on it. Was told to wait. But in my thread I was told there is a fix going out in this weeks patch.

Maybe I overracted. Nitocris isn't guilty for delays. But, "should be" and "near", aren't something what give me any hope it'll be soon. "Will be in the next patch, or patch after that" - well, that sounds much better.

• vape420#6232 vape420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    ok! This Soradiel bug is really hard to fix, a 5 hour maintenance could not fix her. Listen up guys! They have to give her 1500 crit AND 3% crit severity on your char sheet. Imagine to be a programmer at Cryptic to deal with that nightmare.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    So this was supposed to be fixed last week, according to your own words @devs . Along with with the lack of a fix for the mount upgrade tokens, you have now gone through milestone 3 completely before a fix will be implemented (tuesdays and thursdays are your days for patching). Can we please get an update here? something where you don't string us along 1 week(or hour) at a time?

So this was supposed to be fixed last week, according to your own words @devs . Along with with the lack of a fix for the mount upgrade tokens, you have now gone through milestone 3 completely before a fix will be implemented (tuesdays and thursdays are your days for patching). Can we please get an update here? something where you don't string us along 1 week(or hour) at a time?

There was no new build last week so no new patch - we are aiming for this week.
  • shynnblue#4857 shynnblue Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I see that the bug has been fixed for the Soradiel companion in the newest patch, but why is the exact same bug for the Flaming skull companion not fixed when the same bug for flaming skull has been reported so many months earlier?

don't make much sense.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

I see that the bug has been fixed for the Soradiel companion in the newest patch, but why is the exact same bug for the Flaming skull companion not fixed when the same bug for flaming skull has been reported so many months earlier?

don't make much sense.

1. The patch is still not available. There is no patch until it is.
    2. Money. Soradiel is a new Zen store item. The bug stops people to buy this new item from Zen store.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited November 2020

don't make much sense.

2. Money. Soradiel is a new Zen store item. The bug stops people to buy this new item from Zen store.
    people used keys to open lockbox to get companion packs to obtain the flaming skull. It is also money. i dont see why there is a planned fix for Soradiel but not for flaming skull (or any other companion that has the same bug).

It don't make sense, these companions all have the same bug why don't apply the same fix to all the affected companions.

also according to this patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11480903-patch-notes:-version:-nw.122.20201025a.3

the patch completed yesterday should have included the Soradiel fix. I'm not about to buy a Soradiel to test if its fixed.
    edited November 2020

don't make much sense.

people used keys to open lockbox to get companion packs to obtain the flaming skull. It is also money. i dont see why there is a planned fix for Soradiel but not for flaming skull (or any other companion that has the same bug).

It don't make sense, these companions all have the same bug why don't apply the same fix to all the affected companions.

If flaming skull has bug, will that stop people to spend money to buy keys from Zen store to open lockbox?
    If Soradiel has bug, people will just stop spending money to buy Soradiel from Zen store.
    Former has little effect to their cash flow.
    Latter has immediate impact to their cash flow. Yet, that took them weeks and still not being fixed (until they actually put it in in the 'future').
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    why the hell would i care about Cryptic's cash flow?

I only care about the fact that me and other players have spent $ to get the flaming skull and it does not work and bug has been reported literally MONTHS ago.

Its not that difficult to apply the same fix to both companions. and i repeat i do not care about cryptic's cash flow so don't come and tell me Soradiel is a priority fix because of money
    edited November 2020

why the hell would i care about Cryptic's cash flow?

I only care about the fact that me and other players have spent $ to get the flaming skull and it does not work and bug has been reported literally MONTHS ago.

Its not that difficult to apply the same fix to both companions. and i repeat i do not care about cryptic's cash flow so don't come and tell me Soradiel is a priority fix because of money

You don't. I don't. They do. It makes sense to them (not to you or me) to treat different issue with different priority. By now, you should know money is always their priority.
    If i don't care and they do, then you don't tell me, you tell them
    edited November 2020

You said it does not make sense they treat them differently. I tell you it makes sense to them to treat that differently. I don't need to tell them. They already know and are doing it.

You said it does not make sense they treat them differently. I tell you it makes sense to them to treat that differently. I don't need to tell them. They already know and are doing it.
    why would i care what makes sense to them, rather than what makes sense to me? I don't need you to come tell me money is at play here as if a 5 year old can't figure that out when i'm trying to tell the devs here that things don't make sense from a consumer point of view.

@shynnblue#4857 Maybe the posts are old and have been forgotten about with staff changes. You could try a thread of your own outlining the problem instead of trying to hijack another OPs thread/issue.
    edited November 2020
    reg1981 said:

@shynnblue#4857 Maybe the posts are old and have been forgotten about with staff changes. You could try a thread of your own outlining the problem instead of trying to hijack another OPs thread/issue.

I'm using the same thread because it is exactly the same bug. Since it is the same bug it is relevant to this thread. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that train of thought.

I mean, why would you want a multiple threads about the same bug (just different companions) to stay on top of the bug report list when there are so many other important bugs that needs fixing in this game.

Also, at the time when I posted in this thread, there was already a planned and scheduled fix for the soradiel companion as mentioned in the patch notes announcement. So saying this is a hijacking of thread makes no sense when there is already an announced fix for the soradiel bug.

I urge you to carefully consider the use of the word "hijack" as it is a strong word.

Post edited by shynnblue#4857 on
    edited November 2020

reg1981 said:

I'm using the same thread because it is exactly the same bug. Since it is the same bug it is relevant to this thread. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that train of thought.

I mean, why would you want a multiple threads about the same bug (just different companions) to stay on top of the bug report list when there are so many other important bugs that needs fixing in this game.

Also, at the time when I posted in this thread, there was already a planned and scheduled fix for the soradiel companion as mentioned in the patch notes announcement. So saying this is a hijacking of thread makes no sense when there is already an announced fix for the soradiel bug.

I urge you to carefully consider the use of the word "hijack" as it is a strong word.

All I'm saying is they now have a bug tracker, not something that was public knowledge before. Each thread here is reviewed by the CM on Monday and added to their tracker. This thread was used for Soradiel specifically. I would not expect random other comments to be taken seriously and added to the bug tracker by commenting here. If your not interested in making another post I will test the skull tonight, take screenshots, and make a new thread for that bug.

We know they are doing a rework of pets, now if defiantly the time to have these bugs reported. Just reported properly.

If you use the search box, the flaming skull bug has been reported 4 times on here. if you want to make yet another duplicate bug report then by all means.