test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Balance

2»

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

And weirdly enough I know that Guardian Fighters will get some buffs, whilst Wizards won't. That's the reality of this game. > _ >

And yet you continue to ignore when people are saying that Wizards are getting some buffs in M20 too, they (Nitocris, Chris Whiteside, and Noworries) have said this in almost every stream since M19 came out with the massive healer changes.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Hah ^^ Devs also said that MOD16 will make them work faster on fixing bugs with classes, which obviously isn't true.

The only ones ignored are the players and folk that want to help this game see some beneficial outcome for the sake of all of us.

There were no massive healer changes, but punching OpHeals into the ground to potentially became EVEN MORE BORING than a Wizard. Essentially tapping 1 button.

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Hah ^^ There were no massive healer changes, but punching OpHeals into the ground to potentially became EVEN MORE BORING than a Wizard. Essentially tapping 1 button.

Just because you don't like the changes, doesn't mean there weren't massive changes to mechanics and how AoE healing was handled.

Hah ^^ Devs also said that MOD16 will make them work faster on fixing bugs with classes, which obviously isn't true.

Bugs with classes have been fixed quicker than before, however most player just see the bug fixes as nerfs, since most of the bugs have been to the benefit of players.

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    "You don't like the changes" is such a weird thing to say to someone that asks for the actual changes. Are you sure that you've read what I've written? B)

I know for a fact that you're simply bored, but I will indulge you with how things are, rather than how you feel they are. And with that I won't be replying further as I've no need to explain this anymore than I already did. :3
    arazith07 said:

Just because you don't like the changes, doesn't mean there weren't massive changes to mechanics and how AoE healing was handled.

AoE? Biggest healing change that directly impacted the gameplay was the reduction of the Shield capabilities from OpHealers. The gameplay didn't change much for any healer role, pretty much remains the same. You tap a button and heal.
    There were massive nerfs to the OpHeal which is how the Healing was regulated and impacted the most. These changes were so severe that they essentially made several class options obsolete and not useful. Denying this is futile.
    I do not play nor main a Healer, my friends do, and they've expressed themselves on the topics numerous times now reflecting on how poorly the changes were implemented.
    This is without factoring in the nerfs to Incoming Healing and Outgoing Healing companions, either.
    arazith07 said:

Bugs with classes have been fixed quicker than before, however most player just see the bug fixes as nerfs, since most of the bugs have been to the benefit of players.

There is a clear difference between the bugs and between the fixes to the exploits.

Although you might feel (I will will use feel here as the most accurate depiction of your sentiment) that this is the case, it's not.
    Bugs have been reported numerous times in the past months and there is enough evidence factoring that there are prevailing bugs. Some bugs are in fact so old and still prominent! So I've no idea how can you say that Developers are actually working FAST on solving the bugs present with the classes, when that couldn't be further from the truth.
    These are not minor issues, but gameplay deteriorating issues that affect the overall performance.
    These bugs have been collected, explained, and turned in in a timely manner addressing both Devs and Moderators alike. Pretty much in every patch note topic you might see people asking about why there are no fixes to the Wizard class.
    We've reached a point where people openly ask for the class overhaul. That is how bad the issues are.

These are known, and are left unaddressed for a very long time without any clear reason nor even a hint of a proper communication on dev side in spite of the best efforts by the community to reach out.

There is nothing more to add, since the silence of the developers speaks on its own. :-1:

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

"You don't like the changes" is such a weird thing to say to someone that asks for the actual changes. Are you sure that you've read what I've written? B)

Hah ^^ There were no massive healer changes, but punching OpHeals into the ground to potentially became EVEN MORE BORING than a Wizard. Essentially tapping 1 button.

Here is what you actually wrote...in which you said that there were "no massive healer changes" and then proceed to complain about the nerf to Paladin shields. Those shields which made the other 2 healer classes unwanted. This move was done to make the other 2 healer classes relevant to the meta, which it did. But everyone, including the devs will agree that it was too much, which is why healers are getting another balance in M20.

In that same balancing pass, the weaker DPS and tank paragon paths are also getting some love. We can expect to see these changes on preview early next year. They aren't telling us the changes yet because they are still in the coarse adjustment phase that is internal development. The numbers are changing too much to actually have anything worthwhile to tell us other than "It's being worked on".

After taking a look at bugs that haven't been addressed for classes, it looks like only Ranger has any reported. If Wizard has as many bugs as you say it does, you may want to write up a bug report for them.
  • nhimmodhu#5868 nhimmodhu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Guys I read somewhere about News in Neverwinter and I have a question: is it true that Druid class will come to Neverwinter in 2020? And if it's true, what kind of powers he can have?

I'm looking for some class like Arwen in LOTR movie, when she makes a river horses and safe Frodo with natural powers. Is that Druid? Hunter ranger? or Control Wizard?

Guys I read somewhere about News in Neverwinter and I have a question: is it true that Druid class will come to Neverwinter in 2020? And if it's true, what kind of powers he can have?

I'm looking for some class like Arwen in LOTR movie, when she makes a river horses and safe Frodo with natural powers. Is that Druid? Hunter ranger? or Control Wizard?

https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/db/2a/db2adc94a210bfeb18b548c6e65120a61596842618.jpg

This is all the info we have on a new class, that and that one of the paragon paths will be DPS.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

Don't believe everything that you read on the internet.

Might be true. Don't know. There has been no official statement yet.

A new class that has a DPS option is what we know.

Druid is obviously something that some people want to see, but there are other classes out there, too, and each has support from players. Bard and Monk especially, but also other classes.

Most material, especially recently, has been tied into WotC material released around that same time, so keep your eye on WotC's upcoming release schedule and news on M20 and M21.

Granted, by the time we find out what is coming in M21 we may know what the new class will be anyway, but if we can check at least M20 against WotC's release schedule it may help clarify things.

Don't believe everything that you read on the internet.

Might be true. Don't know. There has been no official statement yet.

A new class that has a DPS option is what we know.

Druid is obviously something that some people want to see, but there are other classes out there, too, and each has support from players. Bard and Monk especially, but also other classes.

Most material, especially recently, has been tied into WotC material released around that same time, so keep your eye on WotC's upcoming release schedule and news on M20 and M21.

Granted, by the time we find out what is coming in M21 we may know what the new class will be anyway, but if we can check at least M20 against WotC's release schedule it may help clarify things.
    We know that M20 won't be tied with any recent WotC content.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/db/2a/db2adc94a210bfeb18b548c6e65120a61596842618.jpg

This is all the info we have on a new class, that and that one of the paragon paths will be DPS.
    The new teleport hubs they added could not scream "Druid" any louder. They have a druid logo on the facing side and druid runes on the reverse side. As for Druid powers, all you need to do is go to Barovia and fight a druid to get a sample of their powers.

Combat Log:
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 679 (1149) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 3943 (6677) Lightning Damage to you with Lightning Strike.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 5811 (19683) Lightning Damage to you with Thunderwave.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 352 (1193) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 671 (1137) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 6911 (11704) Physical Damage to you with Entangle.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 1758 (2978) Necrotic Damage to you with Entangle.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 3832 (6490) Lightning Damage to you with Lightning Strike.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 667 (1130) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 1758 (2978) Necrotic Damage to you with Entangle.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 694 (1176) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 11488 (19456) Lightning Damage to you with Thunderwave.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 683 (1156) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 3825 (6478) Lightning Damage to you with Lightning Strike.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 709 (1200) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 4054 (6866) Lightning Damage to you with Lightning Strike.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 693 (1174) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 3846 (6513) Lightning Damage to you with Lightning Strike.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 692 (1171) Necrotic Damage to you with Shillelagh.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 6911 (11704) Physical Damage to you with Entangle.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 1775 (3005) Necrotic Damage to you with Entangle.
    [Combat (Self)] Corrupted Druid deals 1775 (3005) Necrotic Damage to you with Entangle.

These are simplistic versions, but the idea is, druids have existed as NPCs in the game, all they need to do is make it playable. This will create an issue with all the nerfs and buffs to occur to other classes, once this class is introduced to the system. The game mechanics is like a recipe and introducing another ingredient will upset the mix, Cryptic will end up nerfing and buffing the other 8 classes to fix this in 2021. Anyone who recalls the issues that followed the introduction of Oathbound Paladins, knows what I am talking about.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Unless the finished version was different, the teleport monoliths are just recycled Belial's Portal Stones. Belial is an archdevil and not a bit Druidic.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Unless the finished version was different, the teleport monoliths are just recycled Belial's Portal Stones. Belial is an archdevil and not a bit Druidic.

Finished version? These have been in the game now, I have been using them.
    I have the Belial artifact and it is a rock. They are not stone but wooden slabs, compare the logo to Archdruid Morningstar's head gear...

On October 6th, the image of the wooden portals appeared on the official Neverwinter Twitter with a side note "Is this a future vision?". That is why you are getting a druid and going to like it or else! :wink: I really don't care what the 9th class is because I don't plan to own or buy one, unless it is a vampire. That would shock me, I might die of heart failure, and come back as a vampire. A vampire with heart failure??

Have fun! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    That is the Symbol of Belial and Archdruid Morningdawn is wearing the Elven armor for Cleric from mod 6.

"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Ok so vampire it is then... ack... argh! :heartbreak:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

These are simplistic versions, but the idea is, druids have existed as NPCs in the game, all they need to do is make it playable. ...

As have bards, see River District. I am not saying that the new class won't be druids, just mentioning that the existance of a NPC class may be misleading in this case.

These are simplistic versions, but the idea is, druids have existed as NPCs in the game, all they need to do is make it playable. ...

As have bards, see River District. I am not saying that the new class won't be druids, just mentioning that the existance of a NPC class may be misleading in this case.
    Oh, I can agree with you there. Just look at the new races they "slapped together" without any effort. They have 2 Tabaxi in the game already, there is one in the Lost City of Omu, Copper Bell has been there since 2017. They even had a bard class Tabaxi host of the Tales of Old. What do they make as new races? Gith and Aasimar, not even the good looking ones either. The Gith are nothing but a skin texture and the Aasimar are new flesh tones and hairdo with glowing eyes. Both are a disappointment to me.

This wording on the Tweet and the look of the stones still has me thinking they are about to sell us on druids next year. But that wasn't my point, don't fall in love with your current build structures, powers, and game mechanics. The new class will arrive at a cost to your current playing style. Especially when talking PvP, here is some nostalgia for you and my vision of the future in 12 months. :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I am not saying that the new class will NOT disrupt balance. I can't. In the past, new classes have, and we don't know anything about the new class. I strongly believe that we will see little to no such disruption this time, however. The only thing that would destroy our meta... is if they had a skill that stacked to give a lot of power to only some other classes. As for the class itself... if it starts overpowered and becomes favored to the exclusion of competing classes... they will nerf it in stages until most classes are desirable again. But hey!... that's worst case scenario. Maybe this time they will get it right from the start.
  • tluigi#0896 tluigi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @"drago#3250" said:
    > You are lucky. Paladins do not even have a DPS loadout. At least Dreadnoughts are not that squishy.

I am new, and I have a Paladin, but a Paladin, dont should be a tank, or healer? He needs a better dps??
  • kumarrohan81#3086 kumarrohan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    I'm for buffing up Guardian Fighters to be on par with Barbarians that utilize stuff like Brash Strike.
  • stean22#5962 stean22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i am new to the game. what would you say deals the most dps. i just care about numers :D not anything else. and not so difficult to play
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

i am new to the game. what would you say deals the most dps. i just care about numers :D not anything else. and not so difficult to play

Play wizard thaumaturge :trollface:
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

Play wizard thaumaturge :trollface:
    I play as a Thayan Wizard who strikes his enemies down with his magic scythe and mighty powers. All the other Red Wizards laughed at the Dervish of Thay, told him he would be nothing more than a Thayan Knight. He fled and took his Illusionist Thalos with him. He plots his vengeance against those who ridiculed him and plans to return to Thay the most powerful Red Wizard of all.

Dervish of Thay is a barbarian class. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

The answer depends on when you ask. The class that deals most damage has changed over the years so many, many times. At the moment I'd say it is the Rogue or Barbarian. The only constant in this question is: It is never, never ever the mage (at least not for long).