test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic mask not working on Xbox one x

nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
edited October 2020 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Cannot interact with the spectral tricksters when mask is equipped. Tried on all characters but nope not working at all. Hard reset done, cleared appearance also.

Comments

• domino#8354 domino Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer

Cannot interact with the spectral tricksters when mask is equipped. Tried on all characters but nope not working at all. Hard reset done, cleared appearance also.

Hi nativerock9015, could you tell me which zone you are interacting with tricksters in? Also, could you ensure you are on the correct corresponding quest. (ex. If you are in Protector's Enclave, ensure you are on the quest "Seek and Treat in the Enclave"
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @kbertaccodev#1362 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Hi nativerock9015, could you tell me which zone you are interacting with tricksters in? Also, could you ensure you are on the correct corresponding quest. (ex. If you are in Protector's Enclave, ensure you are on the quest "Seek and Treat in the Enclave"

I was in the protectors enclave, trying to do the "seek and treat" quest. I moved to stronghold, travelled back and then it worked.
    Also for some reason I cannot get the loremaster quest on my main character.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

> @kbertaccodev#1362 said:

> (Quote)

> Hi nativerock9015, could you tell me which zone you are interacting with tricksters in? Also, could you ensure you are on the correct corresponding quest. (ex. If you are in Protector's Enclave, ensure you are on the quest "Seek and Treat in the Enclave"

I was in the protectors enclave, trying to do the "seek and treat" quest. I moved to stronghold, travelled back and then it worked.

Also for some reason I cannot get the loremaster quest on my main character.

Did you complete the other quests? Once you turn those in, you should get the lore quest.
  • acelandow1974#1544 acelandow1974 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have 2 characters on my account for Xbox. One account was able to select a faction without any problems. The other character started the Contest of Liars Quest after the first character had completed the quest. Since the Faction was already chosen for the account, the normal options were not available. He could ask for a Mask, but the only options provided by all 3 faction representatives are to see the reward if that faction wins and Farewell. I tried dropping the mask and getting a new one, that didn't fix it. And I am unable to Abandon the quest to try again.

So my alternate character is unable to receive any of the other quests from the Contest Master:
    Seek and Treat in the Enclave
    Seek and Treat in the Cold
    Seek and Treat in the Jungle
    Seek and Treat in the Underdark
    Kill or Treat
    Or to interact with any the Spectral Tricksters

only
    Gathering Lies
    Trade of Treats
    from the Masquerade Master

I think this was a problem in one of the previous years on PC, but I am new to Xbox. It didn't happen to me this year on PC. One other thing I noticed was that I don't think I could visit the Spectral Tricksters until I had completed the Gathering Lies the first time on my character that chose (not my main character). Or maybe that was to select the faction, I am not sure.
  • acelandow1974#1544 acelandow1974 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I have 2 characters on my account for Xbox. One account was able to select a faction without any problems. The other character started the Contest of Liars Quest after the first character had completed the quest. Since the Faction was already chosen for the account, the normal options were not available. He could ask for a Mask, but the only options provided by all 3 faction representatives are to see the reward if that faction wins and Farewell. I tried dropping the mask and getting a new one, that didn't fix it. And I am unable to Abandon the quest to try again.

So my alternate character is unable to receive any of the other quests from the Contest Master:
    Seek and Treat in the Enclave
    Seek and Treat in the Cold
    Seek and Treat in the Jungle
    Seek and Treat in the Underdark
    Kill or Treat
    Or to interact with any the Spectral Tricksters

only
    Gathering Lies
    Trade of Treats
    from the Masquerade Master

I think this was a problem in one of the previous years on PC, but I am new to Xbox. It didn't happen to me this year on PC. One other thing I noticed was that I don't think I could visit the Spectral Tricksters until I had completed the Gathering Lies the first time on my character that chose (not my main character). Or maybe that was to select the faction, I am not sure.

Oops, I meant that my main character is unable to get the other quests