test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.122.20200831a.13

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11479263

Comments

• eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Combat and Powers

General

Players may now swap powers while outside of combat without incurring a cooldown.

So, half fix?

That's not how it worked before. If you were in combat and an encounter was on cool down you couldn't switch it. But if it was not on cool down you were free to switch out the encounter and equip a new one without it having a 10sec cool down applied.

So according to the wording above we still can't switch encounters while in combat without encountering a 10sec cool down which is already how it is. But out of combat we won't have a 10sec cool down applied?
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Oh, how I would love to see

Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance
    • Wizard: Fixed a bug where...
    once in a while...
  • ethanidas#6763 ethanidas Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    eion311 said:

Combat and Powers

General

Players may now swap powers while outside of combat without incurring a cooldown.

So, half fix?

That's not how it worked before. If you were in combat and an encounter was on cool down you couldn't switch it. But if it was not on cool down you were free to switch out the encounter and equip a new one without it having a 10sec cool down applied.

So according to the wording above we still can't switch encounters while in combat without encountering a 10sec cool down which is already how it is. But out of combat we won't have a 10sec cool down applied?

As he said. Don't give us the half fix. Switch it back to the way it was please. There is no need for this cooldown nonsense. We already have to wait for the power to finish cooldown to switch it, once it's used.
  • lopov88lopov88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hi @skingdev#1102 , you mentioned that this will be addressed in the patch in https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1257832/skill-swap-cooldown, and thank you for addressing it!

However, as mentioned in this thread, this was a half-fix, and it didn't revert things to how they were before the mount update patch. We still have the cooldowns in combat, making it impossible (or extremely difficult) to do power rotations during the combat when powers are being changed. Would it be possible to look at this again and fully address the bug?

Thank you!
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    So just to throw another wrinkle into the situation, and to show there is still a bug here; I found something weird. As my barbarian I can still switch to the power Mighty Leap(with the corresponding feat) while in combat without incurring a 10 second cooldown on the power. I can use both the first and second jumps(if the first one hits nothing) right after changing. As far as I can tell, this is the ONLY power that allows this.
    I tried a couple similar powers with steal time on wizards(hidden cooldown) and curse bite for warlocks( 2 charges). They both went on a 10 second cooldown.
    So Please just change the system back to its previous state, as these cooldowns are being applied inconsistently so it cannot be working as intended. Plus it is a serious pain in the *** with no reason for implementing in the first place.
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User

Oh, how I would love to see

Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance

• Wizard: Fixed a bug where...
    once in a while...
    I'm still able to stack Rimefire and Smolder using Furious Immolation. Many patch notes said this being fixed, still not the case.
This discussion has been closed.