test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterwork Professions

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
I keep searching the Auction House for new items... not seeing them yet. I asked in chat today, and was met with a long silence. Then after I left PE, a player sent me a PM saying, the weapons will be awesome. I asked better than my current legendary Alabaster? (item level 980) They responded back, oh yes much better than Alabaster.

Could someone post here what items they will be selling in the AH in the near future? I really would like to know what I should expect to see in the game soon.

Thanks! <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    No new items were added, just updated the old Bronzewood stuff. Stuff you can get in Avernus are better so crafters haven't been wasting resources making the Mastered stuff.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Look for Mastered in the AH
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

No new items were added, just updated the old Bronzewood stuff. Stuff you can get in Avernus are better so crafters haven't been wasting resources making the Mastered stuff.

Well then that is disappointing. Many of my characters currently use blue (Cobalt) weapons at 950. Only a few have 100% Alabaster. So it looks like I will not be seeking new weapons at this point. I will just be patient and wait to see what happens in April. I have no interest in getting artifact weapons from Avernus, as they will need to be refined, I don't plan to refine any more weapons. Currently the Mastered Obsidian Tecpatl +1 for my warlock runs between 1 and 5 million AD and would also need to be refined. My warlock will continue to use her Regalis Pactblade +1 for at least the next 6 months.

Before someone accuses me of being crazy, yes I am bat guano insane! My preferred method is to get my weapons from other players in the Auction House, I collect seals and trade them at the seal vendor for the artifact weapon, or I run the content and accidentally get a set. Only then do I bother to refine the set. I don't like playing the refinement game, I know plenty of others who feel the same.

I don't expect the Master Crafters to lose AD on their efforts, I don't blame them for what they need to charge. I was mislead into the belief they would be offering recipes to professions, and players would be able to purchase affordable weapons in the Auction House. I wasn't expecting vast change either, just something above 1000 item level. Like the blue items that required no refinement process.

For others willing to drop 2 million or more on Master weapons, at present, there are only a scant few weapons in the AH. Set your search to green (uncommon) and item level 920 or higher. You can also use the keyword Mastered.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Well, i was also interested in these new items for alt. characters, and may be prices will adjust in time, but...
    a set of weapons (or armor), that might will be outdated in a few months, for a single character
    vs.
    an account-wide legendary or mythic mount, that will be usefull for a long time, for all characters
    at this point i'd clearly go for another mount before spending AD on something that will be worthless in the near future.

Besides, it doesn't take much to get an alt. character into Avernus and Treasure Maps are dropping at a decent rate now, so getting some higher Itemlevel equipment from that source is still random but overall not too difficult.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Well then that is disappointing. Many of my characters currently use blue (Cobalt) weapons at 950. Only a few have 100% Alabaster.

The Blue Legion guard set (1015) from Avernus map drop is better than Orange Alabaster (980).
    The cost of upgrading Legion Guard to blue is more or less nothing. Just some RP and character bound Mark of Potency from invocation. Don't need p-ward. Virtually, 0 AD. You can upgrade that to top blue (without moving to purple) to add more stat. When the better Mastercraft version comes, you can discard this set without losing anything material.

If you don't like to run that part of content at all, it is different story.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • badnickname#3262 badnickname Member Posts: 47 Arc User

arazith07 said:

Well then that is disappointing. Many of my characters currently use blue (Cobalt) weapons at 950. Only a few have 100% Alabaster. So it looks like I will not be seeking new weapons at this point. I will just be patient and wait to see what happens in April. I have no interest in getting artifact weapons from Avernus, as they will need to be refined, I don't plan to refine any more weapons. Currently the Mastered Obsidian Tecpatl +1 for my warlock runs between 1 and 5 million AD and would also need to be refined. My warlock will continue to use her Regalis Pactblade +1 for at least the next 6 months.

Before someone accuses me of being crazy, yes I am bat guano insane! My preferred method is to get my weapons from other players in the Auction House, I collect seals and trade them at the seal vendor for the artifact weapon, or I run the content and accidentally get a set. Only then do I bother to refine the set. I don't like playing the refinement game, I know plenty of others who feel the same.

I don't expect the Master Crafters to lose AD on their efforts, I don't blame them for what they need to charge. I was mislead into the belief they would be offering recipes to professions, and players would be able to purchase affordable weapons in the Auction House. I wasn't expecting vast change either, just something above 1000 item level. Like the blue items that required no refinement process.

For others willing to drop 2 million or more on Master weapons, at present, there are only a scant few weapons in the AH. Set your search to green (uncommon) and item level 920 or higher. You can also use the keyword Mastered.
    Why don't you get legion set from avernus? You can get it by opening 20 maps or so. You don't have to kill mobs in normal way, you can kill those small manes by driving your car. Green legion weapons are a bit better than cobalt weapons. The total amount of refining points required from green to purple is no more than 60k. A stack of Black Pearl's will give you 9900 rp and it costs 1-1,1k Ad. So rp will cost you 7k AD if you want upgrade your weapon to purple. Enchanting Stones rank 3 and 4 (green and blue) you can get from invoking for free or buy them. If you have bad luck you may need 12 Enchanting Stones rank 4 for each weapon piece, so it will cost you 2k AD. Of course there is no worth to use Preserwation Ward. So the cost of upgrading legion weapons from green to purple would reach 9-10k AD. How much do you think a good master work weapon would cost? You won't bought it for 10k. Making legion set would help you a lot and save time.
    edited October 2020

Well then that is disappointing. Many of my characters currently use blue (Cobalt) weapons at 950. Only a few have 100% Alabaster.

The Blue Legion guard set (1015) from Avernus map drop is better than Orange Alabaster (980).
    The cost of upgrading Legion Guard to blue is more or less nothing. Just some RP and character bound Mark of Potency from invocation. Don't need p-ward. Virtually, 0 AD. You can upgrade that to top blue (without moving to purple) to add more stat. When the better Mastercraft version comes, you can discard this set without losing anything material.

If you don't like to run that part of content at all, it is different story.
    I guess I will "rephrase myself", in the past I waited 4 modules before chasing new weapons and gear. I was wearing module 14 (Ravenloft) gear, for the most part, during Undermountain. But my Alabaster weapons dropped during the Master Expeditions, so I upgraded early than expected. Then in module 18 (Infernal Descent) I upgraded all of the armors from Juma Bags o' Chicken... yummy. I am like the last Envoy in Altered Carbon, I make use of what is given to me freely. :lol:

I am looking at the professions and new modules to update in April. Most of the biggest (Earth shattering) changes come about in April and minor tremors in October. As @regenerde stated above, "...at this point i'd clearly go for another mount before spending AD on something that will be worthless in the near future." While I don't have my sights set for legendary mounts, I can use my AD to buy things other areas.

Edit: I guess you had posted while I was still typing or in the bathroom...

@badnickname#3262 The main reason, I have barely scratched the surface on Avernus when they started this B.S. about the whole Redeemed Citadel aka the "temporary campaign" aka the season pass campaign. Both modules 18 and 19 were never appealing to me for content, as in the story blows chunks. I mean there are so few campaigns with a good story behind them and that is what really motivates me to play. Other than that factor, I am in the middle of getting the Barovian Bash! (see link in the siggy) up and running on Wednesday. After that, I plan to check out the Liars Masquerade and see if there are changes made worth attending. I have 2 broom mounts so far and I am curious, if they are adding another costume in place of werewolf. After Halloween (October 31st) I plan to go on an extended vacation until January or February, spending time and money with relatives.

If I pop online at all it will only be to pick up litter in the guild hall, or dust the cobwebs off the weapon racks. Avernus module 19 will have to wait for me to get there and do that. Meanwhile everyone else will be doing module 20, The Quest for Mo Money! I think that is a working title and they plan to change it.

Have fun! <3
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif
  • badnickname#3262 badnickname Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    @sandukutupu
    I just wanted to give you advice. Today I was helping my girlfriend with leveling from 77 to 80 and getting the weapon. The whole process lasts 2 hours. She get mainhand and offhand from 25 maps that she farmed in a car. Then I just helped her to find all treasures and kill some stuff but overall i wasn't needed. This is not difficult, many groups of mobs can be avoided. I know that everyone plays as they want, but in my opininion would be better to sacrifice some time and get better equipment which will greatly improve your character.

@sandukutupu
    I just wanted to give you advice. Today I was helping my girlfriend with leveling from 77 to 80 and getting the weapon. The whole process lasts 2 hours. She get mainhand and offhand from 25 maps that she farmed in a car. Then I just helped her to find all treasures and kill some stuff but overall i wasn't needed. This is not difficult, many groups of mobs can be avoided. I know that everyone plays as they want, but in my opininion would be better to sacrifice some time and get better equipment which will greatly improve your character.

That is great you and your girl play together. I try to get my husband into this but he leans more on the table top gaming. He has characters but only tests the functional use. I own 8 characters, so eventually all of them will get there. The only module I have avoided is module 15 (Acquisitions Incorp.) because as I said, good content is good game play for me.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif