test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

the current state of the game and the lost potential that could turn the game around if it is used

corazonxdxcorazonxdx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I usually do not do this but as some have already noticed the current state of the game is not the way it should be neverwinter is a great game that has tons of potential and people knew that since mod 1.
the main issue right now and if this is not addressed soon the game could end up dying completely and that issue is PVP :
so my main arguments are and please bear with me :

1-in most other mmorpgs there is both a pvp and a pve aspect of the game which gives those games the ability to lean on 1 or the other depending on the quality of the new content added and we all know right now if a pve patch does not meet the community's expectations neverwinter has nothing to rely on.

2- the main thing that keeps most games is always popularity and sadly neverwinter does not provide streamers or youtubers with much content ( new content that people did not see yet ) for example both tomm and zariel are fun but how long and how many videos can the community make on these 2 dungeons in the end of the day pve is always constant it does not change, which leads us to adding a pvp environment so youtubers and streamers always have something to show even if it is as silly as 2 people fighting each other naked with wooden swords in a pvp area XD

3- neverwinter has long since abandoned pvp so giving it back a breath of life now is hard so what can be done is adding a mix of ( RAID,PVP,PVE)
adding a 2 team dungeon with pve content and bosses in it and rewards as well as choices that alter the result and the rewards ( we need to keep it fresh and different and that ultimately leads to more videos more exposure and yes eventually more $$$).

4- as you also may have noticed that we have a pvp boon page that almost 50% if not more of the player base have 0 boons in it for years i mean either do something about it or just add something else to replace it just don't leave content lying around, the game needs to make the most of everything it has to offer and it has a lot to offer if polished properly.

5- a transition phase will be in order simply because reworking the entire pvp system is a lot of work but it can be done later on but first introducing this new mix system of pvp pve and raid bosses makes the game more fun and gives the devs time to come up with other stuff the more fun and stuff people have to do i guess the less time they have to complain.

6- okay fighting each other is fun and let's be real most of the player base in neverwinter consists of dps players and most if not all are highly competitive so just let us go massacre each other instead of having a constant owl stare at the dps board ( yes i admit to doing it ).

7- I mean I don't think so far other ideas have paid off that much so why not try this one out it won't cause harm and if it fails at least it will be a fun and new way to fail but so far the people I talked to about this support the concept.

lastly I know this is not going to happen over night but I would like to hear the opinion of the player base and the developers about this and hopefully it is taken into consideration at least.

Comments

• Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    About the boons... if they make some of the PvP boons affect PvE, and if you add daily AD to winning a PvP match, PvP will come back with a vengeance.

The main problem is that players new to PvP try it and wait in a queue for however many minutes. When they finally get in, they are thrown around like a ragdoll, never make a kill, never figure out what to do... and their team mates hate their guts for showing up and ruining their match.

With that kind of experience... its no wonder PvP isn't attracting new players.
  • Options
    kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Lol, PvP. No.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

The main problem is that players new to PvP try it and wait in a queue for however many minutes. When they finally get in, they are thrown around like a ragdoll, never make a kill, never figure out what to do... and their team mates hate their guts for showing up and ruining their match.

With that kind of experience... its no wonder PvP isn't attracting new players.

That is 100% spot on. I have pvped in most MMOs and enjoyed it a lot... but in Neverwinter the gap between a new pvper and the veteran pvpers is huge.

I used to run pvp on my main for fun a year or two back when I was bored, and literally its a case of Get Rooted/Stunned/Knocked Over/Thrown in the Air/Poisoned/Immobilised and then dpsed to death in a few seconds, quite often while not even realising you are about to get attacked.

Sure I get that the veterans should be able to nuke a new player but where is the fun or challenge either way?

I used to go and PK in the open world pvp areas of Icewind Dale or even get into team vs team pvp that was really good fun.

Those pvp areas should offer a Rough AD or even refined AD reward for completing or holding an area for a certain amount of time. King of the Hill style. make it start on the hour, every hour, then people will know about it, add in 100k rough ad to be shared amongst the team that wins. See if that brings any players across to pvp.

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    putting any effort into pvp beyond the chicken pvp we've been promised is throwing good money after bad. that is all

edit: I just went into the leaderboard for the current pvp season on xbox. after accounting for the duplicates (I didn't get them all, but I know enough of the names to be able to count their alts) there are appox 113 unique players in pvp. that's almost no one playing out of the whole. compare that to the campaign for avernus leaderboard. where there are 7830 players and we can assume not that many duplicates because why bother past one toon at this point. where are you going to put your efforts?
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on