test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does the Forum have an Ignore Button?

durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
Just for my sanity, I wanted to know if there is an option to no longer see posts(replies) of certain people (for example user 12345) because i personally find that they do not contribute meaningful additions to topics and just posts for the sake of posting and for me that is such a waste of my time to have to scroll past it.

If there is, please send it to my inbox if that would be a better solution.

Thank you.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    All you can do is turn a blind eye to it and scroll past.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I really think they need to add one.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    They need to switch to Forums.net and things would be so much better.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I am deeply hurt, lou!
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Ok ok guys, I get it already! I will stop posting. :lol:

There actually was a button they removed from the line up, the disagree button was pulled when they realized we all disagree here. The disagree button went bye-bye shortly after the button bar was introduced. I imagine there are other options, maybe a moderator would know? The Champions and Star Trek forums only have Flag and Quote buttons and this is the only one with the extended buttons.

I disagree with a lot of people but we respect each other. I can only suggest at this point, to Flag posts you feel are inappropriate, personally directed at you, or way off topic. I never Flag posts. It may not seem like it, but I like to read opposing views, because without that we cannot grow and change as a community.

I admit to being a psycho at times, you can tell when my medication is wearing thin. I have been taking "happy pills" for well over a decade now and while I can joke about it, it is still no excuse not to respect your opinions. I do use the ignore button in game, but I give everyone on my iggy list amnesty on the 1st of each month. I am self aware, I may have just been in a mood at the time I ignored them.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    So few posts these days, its like you have ignored 70% of the forum base
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

So few posts these days, its like you have ignored 70% of the forum base

It's my understanding they just don't have the manpower to address every issue on the forum. They have a social media person but IIRC they do all the social media stuff for all of Cryptic games and they are not a dev so there is only so much they can do.

The devs are overworked and just don't have time and even if they did, the rude nature of many of the posts give them no real incentive to do so.

That said, they posted something a while back assuring us they read all the bug posts even if they don't reply to them. My only criticism about that issue is that they do seem to give priority to PC issues and not console issues (as they are not always the same.) I have issues I have posted about with things from years ago that still have not been fixed on PS4 but doesn't seem to be an issue on PC for example.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts