test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizard community is completely revolted!

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited October 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
It has been nine months without a single fix or buff to the Wizard class.

List of bugs present is growing.
People asking for the class to be buffed and fixed can be seen after each patch notes.
Instead of having fun with the Wizard class, we got ninjanerfs to most of our powers.

Wizard's community is completely revolted.

Lack of love for a Wizard class from Developer' studio has been very obvious for a very long time, starting from the lack of proper Neck/Belt/Arti set since MOD4, to the Tenser's Disc not having INT stat for as long as I can remember. We haven't had a single BiS gear for a Wizard since Thayan Book of the Dead, which was useful for one-two weeks only...

The irony is----> TENSER is a Wizard! Tenser's Disc should also provide INT like it gives benefits to other classes damage boost as well.

You need to do something very good and awesome for the Wizard community, because this is unacceptable.

In some previous patches you also gave us a COPY/PASTE patch notes from earlier mods! Horrid!

You did a horrible job on a Wizard class, and you persist doing a horrible job on a Wizard class. And it has to be said that you're effectively making people revolted.
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Comments

• monkey4201monkey4201 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Completely agree. I'm basically just getting my ad & running the daily rad cap to keep my rad pool from running out & occasionally checking the forums to see if there's any response from the devs. What's the incentive to play a messed up class who can barely fulfill its role even with bis gear, &, as insult to injury, is no fun at all to play? Literally the only reason I'm hanging on at this point is because of a passing remark made months ago in an interview by the head dev (whiteside I think his name is?) that they were going to "take a look at it" or something to that effect. & then nothing. If any other business waited months to respond to legitimate concerns (not even have a proposed plan mind you, just a response on the forums), I'd have told them to kick rocks a lot sooner. I swear, the lack of any response from cryptic is making the cable companies look helpful. It's, in the immortal words of Coach from Letterkenny, "HAMSTER Embarrassing".
  • mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    The funny thing is people still play CW (what's a wizard?), even with all the nerfs through this game's history. I've never seen a class being so dismantled. Being able to control and dps, they remove control and nerf dps to the ground. I believe it's because of the cw groups in tomm dealing excessive burst damage during artifact use.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2020

The irony is----> TENSER is a Wizard! Tenser's Disc should also provide INT like it gives benefits to other classes damage boost as well.

Though i don't disagree with you, NWO gameplay-wise, I also kind of disagree :P.

I would like to point out that the D&D Tenser was, in the lore, a wizard who created spells to help fight/move in a more physical style, rather than to enhance intellectual or arcane abilities.

Whatever version of D&D you take (post AD&D), Tenser's transformation (which is what the NWO Tenser's disc mount power is) was meant to transform a sepllcaster into kind of a fighter, enhancing his martial and physical abilities/stats at the cost of not being able to cast spell anymore until the effect wear off, and The Tenser's Disc was meant to help him carrying heavy things.
    If I remember well, in NWN if you used the Tenser's transformation you were shiftshaped into a warrior wielding a Tenser's sword (a longsword+2 (or+3 can't remember) with +1d6 fire damages), with 20 str/con/dex (and other + things regarding saving throws).

Tenser was also credited for spells like Tenser's Brawl which was meant to make him able to fight barehand, the Tenser's Deadly Strike to make him able to deal more damages with melee/thrown weapons, Tenser's running warrior to make an ally fighter run as fast as a charging horse whatever the encumbrance was, Tenser's Staff of Smiting for his own non magical staff to have a huge damages buff, etc.

So all in all, in NWO no one should be able to use the Tenser's disc and transformation but the classes usually proficient in arcanes or magic devices :P, and it should still enhance the physical abilities, not the intell :P, which left us with thieves/rogues the only happy ones :D.
  • motvei8motvei8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The wizard is dead and unplayable. I started playing as a hunter
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I would like to point out that the D&D Tenser was, in the lore, a wizard who created spells to help fight/move in a more physical style, rather than to enhance intellectual or arcane abilities.

Tenser was also a Greyhawk wizard. Not a Forgotten Realms wizard.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This is funny, I play 2 wizards on my account. Llorna was playing Avernus today, I didn't notice anything different. What did they change to the class that makes it unplayable? Nicholas left Morbius in the Undermountain cooking for Halaster Blackcloak, he is now running with Misery Venomcraft a warlock but is training a spined devil Quillem the Foe. Seriously haven't noticed anything nerfed or changed to affect my game play at all.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @sandukutupu i believed one of the changes that affect CW (nerf) was class feat Stormspell, in end game this feat is very important (still good to slot but not as good as it used to be). Also the Thaum paragon final feat was change to personal rather than party/allies, this was a very good debuff role.
    Thanks @nic1985 I don't use Stormspell. So that explains it. My build is using Fireball on [TAB] then Chill Strike, Entangling Force, Icy Terrain for Llorna. Nicholas Was suppose to be all about fire but that doesn't work out well in this game.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    M20 will see changes to Thaumaturge, Whisperknife, Sentinel and another pass at the healer paths.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I started playing my CW during the beta and loved the class until M16. The combat was always very fast pre M16, a lot of casting, dodging, casting - the combat felt great, fast and exciting.
    After M16 hit the combat was very, very slow. The class got very long cooldowns, paired with some very unspectecular At-Wills that has to be casted like 75% of all fights because Encounters are on cooldown. Basically every "action" was removed from the combat system for this class - only a boring caster class was left.

Almost every class has an exciting mechanic like the Arbiter Cleric, Ranger or all mechanics for the Healers and thats something the Wizard class lacks. A 4th encounter is not exciting. It is just another spell that is on cooldown for 15 seconds :/ Furthermore A LOT of encounters are pretty useless and can't compare to similar ones from other classes.

The reason mentioned above were the ones that drove me away from this class. I would love to get back to my Wizard but the class is not fun for me since M16.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

The funny thing is people still play CW (what's a wizard?), even with all the nerfs through this game's history. I've never seen a class being so dismantled. Being able to control and dps, they remove control and nerf dps to the ground. I believe it's because of the cw groups in tomm dealing excessive burst damage during artifact use.

Right now, many other classes are doing the same thing. And faster, better, more organized.
    Yet, there are no nerfs to that.

The history of nerfing Wizard is always done hastily when in fact it's the content that is made poorly. It is a widely accepted consensus that Wizard was nerfed due to ToMM in its inception, but this nerf was executed poorly, hastily and without deeper understanding of the class itself nor how it affects class' performance in every other content as well as how the class itself performs in relation to other more desirable classes.

Some would argue that this is a cycle that is bound to happen in the history of Neverwinter, but Wizard somehow always ends up taking the biggest hit out of all other classes be it in item optimization, content itself or the role.

I wrote about that in one of my other topics from a historic standpoint.

There are so many things to point out that were left in the dust by developers, that it is sincerely shameful. I'll name just three:

- Ranged Combat Advantage, which had to be discussed on the forums prior to the implementation. This was fixed, luckily!
    - Wizarding items, that benefit INT/CHA in a meaningful way. I don't recall when was the last time I equipped an item and thought "Yes, this is a Wizard item".
    - Power abilities and animation casting. Many of these are so off and left untouched back from M15 or less. Icy Terrain compared to Bane or Smoke Bomb is a complete joke.

But as you can notice, there are people (even in this topic) who aren't aware of why Wizard is a bad class nor why Wizards are revolted (repelled, even).

True Neutral

This is funny, I play 2 wizards on my account. Llorna was playing Avernus today, I didn't notice anything different. What did they change to the class that makes it unplayable? Nicholas left Morbius in the Undermountain cooking for Halaster Blackcloak, he is now running with Misery Venomcraft a warlock but is training a spined devil Quillem the Foe. Seriously haven't noticed anything nerfed or changed to affect my game play at all.

Have fun! <3</p>

Thanks!

Though, it's far from a laughing matter, I'm afraid...

Well, The Wizard is playable, barely. But it is more of a question how enjoyable it is to actually play a Wizard? And I don't mean for a newcomer.

Suffice to say, and with a major consensus, Wizard is not at all fun to play nor is it rewarding to pursue upgrading Wizard as much as it'd be upgrading any other class. I think only Tank would cost more to upgrade in comparison, but there are more benefits.

Regardless, I wholeheartedly assure you that Wizard players already had their doubts, huge, vast disappointments in both the game and development team behind many changes over the years, and have already been in horrid apathy many times before due to how bad Wizard was treated.
    With M16 on the horizon, some "resetting" hope was instigated that class balance will be executed well because dev team has less work to do if powers are cut in half, no? That was brief and purposefully misleading as the fixes are taking such a long time, that this brings back apathy.

Soon enough, nerfs and ninjanerfs without any compensation for the already present bugs issued starting 2020.
    The idea was that not all powers will be fixed as soon as possible on the Wizards because M16 was a huge deal that took a lot of time and effort to nail down, but turns out that many of those powers and issues with the Wizard are still present, were never fixed and on top of that there were unjust nerfs that followed. Some of those nerfs were reverted back.

I reckon you play many classes, so you can take a look at some of the Wizard's Feature powers and then compare those to other DPS paths.
    You can also take a look at Wizard's magnitude encounter and at-will powers, compare those to other classes magnitude of the encounter powers.
    Apparently, you already gave an answer that you aren't playing the Arcanist path. However, Thaum also took a pretty big hit that left it unplayable for a vast majority of people. The gameplay of a Wizard on Arcanist path is literally holding Ray of Frost, turning on Arcane Empowerment, and pressing encounters as soon as they come down from the CD.

But what when Wizard can't do that anymore? What when the AP gain becomes scarce? New Artifacts come up? Dungeons come with many enemies?
    These things are left to wonder, were not addressed, and obviously there's no word on devs targeting that issue.

There was a "small fix" to Thaumaturge feature power and some shatter strike fixes, too, which did nothing in particular.

Since both paths are horrid, Wizard players tend to ask for an overhaul of the class, from ground up. That'd be the best case scenario. Just a bit of a fix at this point simply wouldn't cut it and wouldn't satisfy wizards.

I hope this might shed some light on the issue, which exists for quite some time now.
    True Neutral
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    motvei8 said:

The wizard is dead and unplayable. I started playing as a hunter

I just started building a new ranger toon - in early OG zones (just my personal experience) there seem to be a LOT of ranger/hunters running around - I have seen only a very, very small handful of wizards.
    @c1k4ml3kc3 I am not laughing, I have been playing a wizard for years. I have complained (to no avail) the mess they made from the very beginning, I am talking about alpha testing. I am asking what "recently changed" to promote this thread? I am guessing at this point it was really nothing changed? According the layout, nothing much will change.

Historically throughout the 7 years (soon to be 8) of this game, wizards are the outcasts of all the classes. The first issue I noticed long ago was the Master of the Flame paragon path wasn't much to do with fire or fire spells. In fact, you ended up with an Ice Wizard who somewhat dabbled with fire. I even read the wizard bible by SharpEdge ( aka @thefabricant ) no end and they really put their heart and soul into that manual. It was April of 2019, when all classes took the hit with the generic cookie cutter builds.

Seems like every time I said, anything about the Fire versus Ice, or the wizard's power being out of balance, I was met with another player in disagreement that their class was nerfed harder than my wizard. If I made a suggestion on improvement, it wasn't D&D enough for them. It doesn't fall into the D&D standards! The players would shout. The whole game falls out of standards with our health being in the hundreds of thousands. But no one wants to see an "Action RPG MMO" with damage floaters saying 19, 14, 101 !Critical Strike! I imagine if they did, they would be playing DDO instead.

I grew tired of complaining directly at the company. I eventually stopped writing them letters as postage stamps cost money. If it makes you feel better vent all you want here. However remember to keep it upbeat, or moderators here will push the thread off into the unread abyss with the rest. I am getting back to playing my broken wizards in their broken game. Let me know, if or when, they fix or break something. Remember sunshine, unicorns, and rainbows everyone!

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • motvei8motvei8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It is useless to write here. The wizard today is a very bad dd with limited mobility, half of his skills are useless. In addition, today the class has become just terribly boring.
    I played as a wizard from 1 to 19 modules, but it's been 4 days since I made a hunter and I don't regret it at all. I advise you to just change the class, and not wait 2-5 years until the hair is processed
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    To everyone who is invested in wizards, when they add the changes they are planning to preview for the Thaumaturge path, be involved and provide constructive feedback (which should be in a few months if the roadmap is still accurate with M20 releasing in February). Like @sandukutupu said above, being polite will get you farther. Provide actual feedback rather than the generic "this is terrible". Get involved with the process.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    The game evolved, but wizard class not.

The wizard class is the only one that lost his role. Controlling. That role dissapeared from the game and the wizard evolved to a dps class, but with the core of spells from his original role.

When I made a wizard in the beta, I loved the "controlish" aspect of the class, ofcourse dmg is important but I loved that balance between controling enemies and killing them, and the unique role in fights.

All this changes, and with lots of nerfs in both paths, ended in the actual situation where the wizards are bad at everything, and the worst thing is that is boring. Like @hastati96 says, the removal of recovery in mod 16 affected wizards the most.

Very long cooldowns with slow and buggy effects and long casting times, like icy terrain, conduit, steal time, ligntning bolt, shard (lol), even fireball is slow. In single target the powers are somehow ok, fast casting times and decent dmg.

All this powers need a rework to make the class more dinamic. If some classes can go to a group of enemies pop an encounter or 2 and kill everything, when we can start doing dmg, all the enemies are dead.

I would give some ideas but I dont know if they will do something to hear the players when they rework the class or they will give us the product finished, and only few changes available, like in mod 16.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User

The game evolved, but wizard class not.

The wizard class is the only one that lost his role. Controlling. That role dissapeared from the game and the wizard evolved to a dps class, but with the core of spells from his original role.

Agree. For what it worth, a bit off topic, I really want to see and play some fresh mechanics on boss fights and especially some involving CC . I also really feel like too many bosses are mono target fights, even when there are adds if those aren't a key part of the played mechanic (≠intended one, ex : the dwarves in the corners of the Periclite room) they are just ignored.
    Something like adds extremely low in resist to control [or no resist at all] but completely immune to damages (during all the fight or until a treshold on the boss is reached), dealing huge %health blows + %health DoT if they manage to land a hit on someone, and/or applying crippling debuffs, and/or not attacking but providing constant healing / shielding to the boss when they aren't controlled, etc). Or a boss that is not a single entity but rather a swarm of tiny weaklings attacking everyone no matter the aggro but very easy to kill + a more dangerous "core" who is sensible to aggro, each bite of the weaklings causing a bleeding DoT close to insignificant, but cumulative and uncurable before the end of the fight.
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    arazith07 said:

To everyone who is invested in wizards, when they add the changes they are planning to preview for the Thaumaturge path, be involved and provide constructive feedback (which should be in a few months if the roadmap is still accurate with M20 releasing in February). Like @sandukutupu said above, being polite will get you farther. Provide actual feedback rather than the generic "this is terrible". Get involved with the process.

I'd be glad to get involved with the process by proposing, discussing, or providing feedback. And many wizards as well. The issue isn't in our side. The only answer we get is a deafening silence. Next mod is supposed to be issued in february. Not a single word on wizard. As I already wrote, just remove the wizard class from game if you don't want to care for it and give us a special class reroll token.

Wizards are complaining since mod 17. Many classes got deep attention by devs and became efficient and fun to play. Everytime a new mod was coming, I jumped to class section ot the preview patch note. Once it was about warlock, another time barbarian, hunter ranger or healer. On wizard it was always the rework of a feature followed by a huge nerf of this same feature (thaumaturge) or a 100th modification of Storm Spell (arcanist).

Ofc, saying that the wizard class is unplayable is a lot exagerated. But bugs and inconsistent powers are legions. Gameplay is too slow. Finally, a wizard in a Zariel trial party is clearly a handicap. Their only asset there is the Ray of Enfeeblement encounter (for reducing incoming damage and buffing party's magical damage).
    Post edited by bifflinculte on
  • monkey4201monkey4201 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    "Get involved with the process"

I'd also love to do so, & have tried, but as mentioned above there's no response which is quite frustrating. Case in point, Steal Time has a post in the bug report section of the forum going back to ~May iirc. There has not been a single post in that thread by anyone from Cryptic. No mods or devs have even acknowledged that there might be an issue in over 5 months even with fairly regular updates to the thread. There's lots of other bug reports on wizards too, like vorpal not proccing from ray of frost, that receive little to no attention. What exactly are we to think about this behavior & what are we supposed to do? Venting on the forums is literally our only option at this point.

I mean, you're right that we should be nice, but expecting sunshine & roses from a group of players who are clearly quite frustrated from lack of any noticeable recognition is unrealistic. Now we are supposed to wait a few more months for them to make changes to half of the class (supposedly, still haven't actually seen anything on the forums besides other players conjecture)? Even if they fix thaum, it won't solve the core issue of the class being a glitchy mess. Arcane Empowerment will still bug, vorpal still won't proc, random freezing will still happen, etc. Or maybe those problems won't continue to happen. But we have no way of knowing this because there's no communication coming from the other direction. So if you have viable ideas of how we can "get involved in the process", I'm all ears.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    I think that the main problems with wizard, is that it's a class too dependant on certain skills, while most of them are useless, not having proper variations that enhance them with better outcomes.
    So. In the first instance, most of wizard's powers have long cooldowns wherein their magnitudes are low. Normally, you would place an extense cd to a powerful encounter, say 750 magnitude - 20 cd, but no, they have 150 - 250 magnitude powers with 15-20 cd.
    On the other hand, Damage over time effects, like icy terrain, conduit, fanning the flame, RoE, that by the time we get their full benefit, other classes have already killed enemies with instant damage powers. And also, the situation with most of the class features and both paragons feats not offering something good.
    So, i think the class needs a rework in most of their aspects, except for the single target arcanist.
    I can't be revolted. I was never volted in the first place.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited October 2020
    @hastati96 while I do not use ACT or other combat parsers, I did record my combat logs for Llorna Zorg and Will Snooks. Llorna is a wizard item level 21,979 and Will is a ranger item level 21,326. I never put any stock into item level, but thought it might mean something to someone here. I am not one to sweat over stats or +0.1% buffs. However I do love to gather statistics and do some comparisons.

Next I took them to the Stronghold where each ran the follow encounters; Beast Attack, Drake Attack, and Devil Attack.

Will was in Beast Attack for 3 mins (est. 180 seconds) where he did 1,747,493 damage (est 9,700 DPS).
    Will was in Devil Attack for 3 mins (est. 180 seconds) where he did 1,855,153 damage (est 10,300 DPS).
    Will was in Drake Attack for 3 mins (est. 180 seconds) where he did 2,197,242 damage (est 12,206 DPS).

Llorna was in Beast Attack for 3 mins (est. 180 seconds) where she did 1,611,312 damage (est 8,950 DPS).
    Llorna was in Devil Attack for 3 mins (est. 180 seconds) where she did 1,713,453 damage (est 9,500 DPS).
    Llorna was in Drake Attack for 3 mins (est. 180 seconds) where she did 1,994,773 damage (est 11,000 DPS).

Silvane Starblade (rogue) with Xuna same three runs;
    Beast Attack - 1,884,946 (estimated 10,470 DPS)
    Devil Attack - 1,856,862 (estimated 10,316 DPS)
    Drake Attack - 2,239,096 (estimated 12,439 DPS)

Now some might complain about builds, companions, or what gear they own. Both Will and Llorna are running invoker companion types at rank 40. Their boons are closely matched as well. While I can see a little difference here in stats, I still don't "feel different".

@greywynd those one liners of yours will end you up in the soup. I noticed your quote about vampires, I am always fond of Jack Crow's talk from John Carpenter's Vampires 1998. A lot of that rant.... cannot be repeated here, but it starts with; You ever seen a vampire? "No, I haven't.", replies Father Guiteau. No... Well first of all, they're not romantic. It's not like they're a bunch of (censored) (censored) hoppin' around in rented formal wear and seducing everybody in sight with cheesy Euro-trash accents, all right? Forget whatever you've seen in the movies: they don't turn into bats, crosses don't work. Garlic? You wanna try garlic? ... :lol:

Edit: added my Starblade / Xuna stats in for historical reference. Xuna is also invoker class.
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif

@greywynd those one liners of yours will end you up in the soup.

It's a dirty job but someone has to be a taster.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    pitshade said:

"WIZARD COMMUNITY IS COMPLETELY REVOLTED!"

A sadly missed opportunity for a Repelled pun.

va8Ru.gif
    edited October 2020

@c1k4ml3kc3 I am not laughing, I have been playing a wizard for years. I have complained (to no avail) the mess they made from the very beginning, I am talking about alpha testing. I am asking what "recently changed" to promote this thread? I am guessing at this point it was really nothing changed? According the layout, nothing much will change.

What recently changed was my patience. It comes and goes. Right now there's not much patience nor will to play. I see that some changes I recommended were implemented. Such as a Scroll of Life every now and then from basically any regular dungeon. Problem is, I can't use them. Nobody can. Although the idea is wholesome, execution is poor.

However, this isn't the first time in the recent months where I've opened a topic or even made a few rants that reflects my opinion on the changes for the wizard (or lack thereof, rather, no?).

Historically throughout the 7 years (soon to be 8) of this game, wizards are the outcasts of all the classes. The first issue I noticed long ago was the Master of the Flame paragon path wasn't much to do with fire or fire spells. In fact, you ended up with an Ice Wizard who somewhat dabbled with fire. I even read the wizard bible by SharpEdge ( aka @thefabricant ) no end and they really put their heart and soul into that manual. It was April of 2019, when all classes took the hit with the generic cookie cutter builds.

Seems like every time I said, anything about the Fire versus Ice, or the wizard's power being out of balance, I was met with another player in disagreement that their class was nerfed harder than my wizard. If I made a suggestion on improvement, it wasn't D&D enough for them. It doesn't fall into the D&D standards! The players would shout. The whole game falls out of standards with our health being in the hundreds of thousands. But no one wants to see an "Action RPG MMO" with damage floaters saying 19, 14, 101 !Critical Strike! I imagine if they did, they would be playing DDO instead.

I grew tired of complaining directly at the company. I eventually stopped writing them letters as postage stamps cost money. If it makes you feel better vent all you want here. However remember to keep it upbeat, or moderators here will push the thread off into the unread abyss with the rest. I am getting back to playing my broken wizards in their broken game. Let me know, if or when, they fix or break something. Remember sunshine, unicorns, and rainbows everyone!

Have fun! <3 </p>

That is a reflection of apathy, so I can conclude that you do, in fact, play a Wizard. :>

Stay safe as well and thank you.
    True Neutral
    greywynd said:

I can't be revolted. I was never volted in the first place.

Are you trying to say that you aren't using Storm Spell? :#
    True Neutral