test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zariel easy mode feedback

nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
I think positive feedback is quite a rare around these parts. If devs mess up they get told so(as it should be), if devs do something good, well, silence.

Zariel easy mode is a good addition to the game ! Great job ! We really needed an easy enough trial that could be done with almost no prior knowledge or training and it hits just the spot. The fact that it drops comp gear is the cherry on top.

Now for the criticism part: Tanks have to know when to swap aggro and it is not explained anywhere, maybe add a lore entry in battle tactics when people wipe, explaining that when a tank gets stunned and zariel kneels, the other tank should hard taunt.

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    I agree Zariel non epic is a great new trial and the comp gears reward is an amazing addition.

I think in the history of the game, there has never been explanation/guide before a boss fight. We all have to learn it together.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    @nic1985 And this speaks volumes about how much the "battle tactics" section is used.
    On PC, if you press J, go to lore, then select battle tactics you can see every mechanic for every bossfight of dungeons up until CR. It's every ability that bosses use with explanations. You used to get the lore entry after a wipe in said bossfight.

Untitled
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    I know the Journal Tactics, been there many times myself but sometime purposely avoid it to keep the fun aspect of first time. They have not added tactics to the recent dungeons or do they specify what each role should do for each attack.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Fun trial, offers a chance to learn the mechanics for all! Saturday night we pulled a group together and ran about 6 in a row. In that group were 2 who've finished the hard version, 8 who were new to the trial. We finished each time. Everyone learned something, everyone seemed to have fun.

The big plus was I got to walk away with both middle fingers in the air to Warden Expeditions!! I got a 12k Combat advantage book and 2 x 12k crit pet gear pieces! Now my healer build is good and my alt has the the CA book to use!

More please! :)
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @reg1981 My group was doing the same thing at the same time. Definitely a good addition to the game, really allows for players who are ready for Master to learn the mechanics in a more forgiving environment. Plus it also allows those who are not usually able to join in high end alliance events (tomm, master zariel) to join and be part of the team with end-gamers. Would love to see this continue with future dungeons/trials.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    One thing I'd like to add to the feedback is related to phases 2 and 4. Demons and Angels have (in my opinion) a little low HP. When I run it, group basically skip the part with picking up balls, because bosses are just dead in few seconds. As for the angels, I think its better there, but would still welcome some minor improvement to their HP values (about 5-10% increase max).

Beside the HP concern, that version of the trial is quite nice.