test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod19 Hunts

bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User

Ok, hunts were unlocked on xbox last night. Log on this morning all excited to try them out. Loved the hunts from chult campaign. But this new hunt system is trash imo. The main lure trophy only obtainable from infected manes is a joke. They only respawn like every 30 minutes. With thousands of people farming them makes this very daunting. In chult hunts there was always something to do... kill tyrannosaurs hoping to spawn a t-rex. Which always dropped a fang for everyone getting a hit in(yes, I know it was changed). Not the case in Avernus. I farmed one instance for 90 minutes this morning. Seen 3 infected mane and received 1 gore-covered chains. Is this some kind of joke?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

Tagged:

Comments

• bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User

Farming the other trophies is much easier, even though every instance is full of trophy hunters. Re-spawn rates still suck, but there are many spawn locations to make up for it. So I finally make a lure and grab a guild mate to test out the hunt. I made a lure called kozakura sashimono. Summoned auki the painbringer. Mind you, both our toons are around 35k iL, with proper endgame gear. We were were insta-killed 5 seconds into the fight, lure failed... lure lost... nothing to show for it. Is this another sick joke?

edited September 2020
    I get this should be a challenge, but this is just absurd. Also, you can't use a scroll to revive yourself/team either. Yet another kick in the pants... It's a tier 1 hunt...they only get harder. And to gate weapon upgrade reagents behind this system after farming for hours/days to get said weapons is another joke.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    The re-spawning is not time base. It depends on killing its "minor" type. Usually, kill 8 of them will spawn one (in random location) for hunt. If you want infected manes, run over manes and find the inflected manes before other players. If you are "camping", you need to wait for others to run over manes for you and hope it spawns next to you and hope nobody else jump over it and hope you can get a trophy.

I am in PC. Last night, I spotted the infected manes re-spawn pretty fast like 40 seconds in one instance. Then, I found out there was a player who camped on manes (not infected manes) spawning spot, he just rolled over 3 manes when they spawn. 5 seconds later, manes spawn again. I think this player was doing a big favor for the instance by keep killing manes (or he just wants favors). I did not see him move to find infected manes at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Where are all these spawning manes coming from?
    edited September 2020

Where do the manes live?

I did not investigate in detail or if it was instance specific or it was a glitch. I was in the middle of the map and in the infected manes spawn point up on the small hill (the first infected manes spawn point if you go west from the Wandering Emporium, not the one in the big plateau). From that spot, look west, there is a gap. I watched manes kept on spawning there and the other player kept on rolling them over, back up, manes spawn, rolling them over, back up, ....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2020

Farming the other trophies is much easier, even though every instance is full of trophy hunters. Re-spawn rates still suck, but there are many spawn locations to make up for it. So I finally make a lure and grab a guild mate to test out the hunt. I made a lure called kozakura sashimono. Summoned auki the painbringer. Mind you, both our toons are around 35k iL, with proper endgame gear. We were were insta-killed 5 seconds into the fight, lure failed... lure lost... nothing to show for it. Is this another sick joke?

I had no problem soloing hunt bosses with end game gear .. before or after the mount item level boosting changes

if anything it should be easier now ..lolz you realize tho Hunts are normally meant for a group of larger people right ?

If you cant do it and find it too hard are you not able bring more people/friends like the devs intend instead of having your ego bruised that you cant short man it and that it is too hard ? lol

P.S a high end game padded "item level" does not necessarily imply correct distribution of stat caps and gear / companion slot/ hitpoints etc for handling high end hunt bosses and not dying...

P.S.S You realize that even if you kill the boss your chance at a rare loot drop is not guaranteed and you will have "nothing to show for it" many many many hunts in a row

Happy hunting ..
    > @kalina311 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I had no problem soloing hunt bosses with end game gear .. before or after the mount item level boosting changes
    >
    > if anything it should be easier now ..lolz you realize tho Hunts are normally meant for a group of larger people right ?
    >
    > If you cant do it and find it too hard are you not able bring more people/friends like the devs intend instead of having your ego bruised that you cant short man it and that it is too hard ? lol
    >
    > P.S a high end game padded "item level" does not necessarily imply correct distribution of stat caps and gear / companion slot/ hitpoints etc for handling high end hunt bosses and not dying...

I have the right stats and know what I'm doing... and as stated in my post, I was with another player.

500k hp, 200k power, 96k crit, 97k arp, 95k def, 155k ca

It's not me, my gear, or inflated iL... get a clue. Been playing this game since release. Instant death and not being able to scroll is just plain broken. Dont act like you've never complained about broken content.

> @plasticbat said:
    > The re-spawning is not time base. It depends on killing its "minor" type. Usually, kill 8 of them will spawn one (in random location) for hunt. If you want infected manes, run over manes and find the inflected manes before other players. If you are "camping", you need to wait for others to run over manes for you and hope it spawns next to you and hope nobody else jump over it and hope you can get a trophy.

I understand how the hunts work, thanks for the info. I was killing manes. Circling the 5 infected manes spawns I know of. Was taking forever for them to spawn. Maybe this is a console only issue...

edited September 2020

> @plasticbat said:

> The re-spawning is not time base. It depends on killing its "minor" type. Usually, kill 8 of them will spawn one (in random location) for hunt. If you want infected manes, run over manes and find the inflected manes before other players. If you are "camping", you need to wait for others to run over manes for you and hope it spawns next to you and hope nobody else jump over it and hope you can get a trophy.

I understand how the hunts work, thanks for the info. I was killing manes. Circling the 5 infected manes spawns I know of. Was taking forever for them to spawn. Maybe this is a console only issue...

You talked about waiting for 30 minutes. It does not. After you killed 8, it is spawned somewhere more or less right the way. May be you did not search for all the spots. In PC, there are more spawn points of infested manes than when it began. If you used the old map, you might miss them. There are at least 6 or even 7 or even more right now in PC. I am not exactly farming infested manes. I just killed them when I passed by them. It takes about 2 to 3 seconds to kill one. Somebody might kill it and left before you came around to check.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    @plasticbat
    I know i said 30 minutes. It was 5am when i was farming, in an instance with 3 people total. I highly doubt anyone else was killing them. I'm not sure xbox has the same version as pc. We may not have that patch yet, which addresses the extra spawn points and rates.
    However, I've been farming them the last hour or so and the spawn rate has seemed to increase. It's not instant, but better than this morning.
    Maybe the server just needed to warm up a bit.

edited September 2020

@plasticbat

I know i said 30 minutes. It was 5am when i was farming, in an instance with 3 people total. I highly doubt anyone else was killing them. I'm not sure xbox has the same version as pc. We may not have that patch yet, which addresses the extra spawn points and rates.

However, I've been farming them the last hour or so and the spawn rate has seemed to increase. It's not instant, but better than this morning.

Maybe the server just needed to warm up a bit.

Based on Xbox patch note, Xbox has that patch already.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/11478353

Infected Manes now have more potential spawn locations.

You need to check more than 5 locations.
    edited September 2020

500k hp, 200k power, 96k crit, 97k arp, 95k def, 155k ca

It's not me, my gear, or inflated iL... get a clue. Been playing this game since release. Instant death and not being able to scroll is just plain broken. Dont act like you've never complained about broken content.

and yet you still cant succeed .. so that only leaves the player or the class as the likely cause then lol
    you theorizing about me complaining about broken content in other threads is off top[ic and irrelevant to this conversation

complaining is one thing not listening to "solutions" others player offer is another...

200k power is actually quite low for end game ...what class do you play ... what is your crit avoidance deflect and awareness at ? i note how you fail to mention that...then wonder why you are one shot lol

dps players that neglect their defensive stats like they did in previous walk in the park mods will be in for a nasty surprise
    with hunts and end game raids and this content update and be a drain on the healer and they will get constantly one shot
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Farmed for 4 hours and did not even see 1 infected mane. I understand how they spawn, and they used to spawn very frequently before the hunts were unlocked but not anymore. This new hunt system makes me want to take a sabbatical. Thankfully I have hundreds of games in my backlog waiting to be dusted off. Barovia hunts were so much better than this. These hunts would be awesome if the Monster/Hunts dropped something like the posters that allowed you to do a hunt without a bottleneck like the Gore Covered Chains. Not to mention the fact that you can't sell or buy the components on the AH, but you could buy or sell posters. In it's current state it's literally and advertisement to go play any other game because farming manes is the polar opposite of fun. Games are supposed to be fun.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I think the chains would be a nice addition to the treasure map loot-pool, especially as the maps at this point in the game have little to no use except filling a bag slot.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    If I remember right, the first launch of Chult Hunts there was no guarantee on drops from T Rex.

I hated Chult Hunts.
    It was mind numbingly dull mooching round killing normal creatures then come back later and hope that a hunt monster spawns but not before someone else kills it, and then when you kill that hope that it drops a trophy...
    But driving round a muddy field killing Manes in the hope bigger fatter Manes spawn near enough to you that you can kill them before someone else does, makes the Chult version look like Avengers Endgame in terms of excitement.

At least with the T Rex, (the Chult equivalent of the Infected Manes in that you HAD to get trophies from that one fight to give the process any purpose at all) there would be a call go out across the instance in order to kill it, meaning that it encouraged players to work together, and create "Hunting Parties" and everyone who participated had the same chance at a trophy...
    This system is the opposite of that... you are better off NOT trying to get the Manes to spawn, but find a spawn point, let some other fools run round and kill the little manes, and quickly kill the big one if it spawns at your location.

In the same way that the initial launch of Avernus encouraged selfish lazy HAMSTER clowns to camp and blitz Mog and Garyx, this "Hunt" system seems to encourage lazy selfish HAMSTER clowns to camp and blitz Infected Manes.

Given the process involved, and the RNG drop rate, I'll be giving this a miss... I can turn my brain down to do a dull grind for a while but I can't turn it off to run this.

It's a good job that nowhere on the roadmap, or in any of the blogs and streams, has anyone mentioned the notion of building a game where players are encouraged to work together more...
    In fact it seems the opposite is true.
    Ok, I took a few hours last evening to search the wastelands for infected mane spawns. I ended up finding 10 spawn locations. I gathered a few guild mates and we circled 3 locations continuously killing manes and waiting for infected mane spawns. In 3 hours time we managed to gather 24 chains. Not bad... but not good either. Thanks for the advice @plasticbat .

@kalina311 You're not offering solutions, you're assuming my toon isn't capable. Trust me, they all are... all 8 classes, endgame ready, 32kiL+... its a tier one hunt bro... not endgame content. Insta kill is intsta kill, regardless of defensive stats.

BTW, my guild mate and I managed to beat all 6 hunts last night, several times. The kozakura sashimono hunt glitched on us 2 more times with an instant kill and no scroll option. Four other times were successful. Like I said, our toons/stats are fine. Please leave feedback on these subjects out of the discussion. This isn't another noob post of unawareness on mechanics, stats, or proper builds. Thanks...

My opinion is still negative on this hunt system. I agree completely with what @mordekai is staing above. The random spawns are just wrong and creates a selfish player base with no regard to team effort. Thanks everyone!

BTW, my guild mate and I managed to beat all 6 hunts last night, several times. The kozakura sashimono hunt glitched on us 2 more times with an instant kill and no scroll option. Four other times were successful. Like I said, our toons/stats are fine. Please leave feedback on these subjects out of the discussion. This isn't another noob post of unawareness on mechanics, stats, or proper builds. Thanks...

My opinion is still negative on this hunt system. I agree completely with what @mordekai is staing above. The random spawns are just wrong and creates a selfish player base with no regard to team effort. Thanks everyone!

a specific Hunt bugging out with no raise dead scroll option is quite a valid complaint dont get me wrong
    I agree there
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

I get this should be a challenge, but this is just absurd. Also, you can't use a scroll to revive yourself/team either. Yet another kick in the pants... It's a tier 1 hunt...they only get harder. And to gate weapon upgrade reagents behind this system after farming for hours/days to get said weapons is another joke.

Which is why I will probably carry on with my tried and true method of hunting for rad, and then just buy the reagents on the AH, when they get to a price I'm willing to pay...
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I thought, "I'll give it another go and see if there's a way that I can do this and not lose my mind. You know what... I'll try a trade off. I'll go up to that hut and just keep rolling the three Manes that spawn there. Everyone else will get fast spawns and I'll kill the one that spawns here if and when it shows up."

It took THREE MINUTES before some piece of garbage, lazy, leeching, horse tick, parasite rolled up, got out of his car and camped on the spawn point right next to me.

THAT is this system in a nutshell.
    Even when you go out of your way to help people, they tell you. "Go HAMSTER yourself, I want MORE!"

There were SIX people in the instance... he couldn't even be bothered to go camp on another spawn point. Initially I thought, "Oh, maybe he wants to take a shift and share the effort of spawning the big Manes."
    So I did a few more, then left.
    He got back in his car and also left...

Let me make this point and hope that enough people read it for it to sink it to their undeveloped brains.

IF SOMEONE IS FARMING MANES IN ONE PLACE... LEAVE THEM ALONE AND LET THEM HAVE THAT SPAWN POINT. THEY ARE HELPING YOU!!!
    THEY ARE SPAWNING MANES ALL OVER THE MAP FOR YOU!!!!
    SO LET THEM HAVE THAT ONE SPAWN POINT!!!!!!!
    OR THEY WILL STOP HELPING YOU!!!!!!!!
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Anyone who hits the mane can get the chain. It is not limited to the kill - and it is not limited to just one person. So, as long as people wait or you a bit, there is no harm even in sharing the single spot.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    To have t1 dependent on 1 trophy is trash. Infecred manes don't spawn frequently enough, and the drip rate of chains after they spawn is total bs. At the very least the torphies should be sellable in the ah, so that those of us with af, and nontime to farm manes/infected manes can buy with ad instead of spending hours horsetrading for them.

Also drop rates of hunt gear should be higher since it's not even better than what you get from ic anyhow.