test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Reward System vs AD (The Farm) & Zen Market

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited September 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
If I'm correct in my opinion of what i think cryptic is trying to do going forward then i will say this ,

I think the new system is and will be much better in general especially and as long as if the droprate is good cause then we don't have to grind years to get ad .. you go farm the gear you need ... for convenience most generic gear, mounts and companions should be on zen market but not at a ridiculous price :) i like the new changes tbh ... the ad required in the past to get some gear from AH was killing the game for most of the players that don't grind 100 hours a day (yes 100 hourts cause thats what it felt like) B)

People should just stop and think before saying the changes are stupid ...

To move away from AD imo is best thing ever .. some AD reward yes but only for the items available on AH but not on Zen Market cause you cant put every piece of item there.

In the past we farmed ad to get items , fashion , gear, mounts etc etc right and it took years and a few lifetimes to buy a for example a leg mount posted for 100 mil ad lol ... like faqdawhat ?

The new stuff on Zen market is great and should be like it is ...available for convenience sake which alot of people will enjoy ... cause this game could've been called The Farm because of the time one had to spend to farm ad ..

farming/grinding AD is NOT fun ! its boring and repetitive and if cryptic is moving away from this and would rather give us cool new and interesting content to play the game would be alot more enjoyable

Some wont agree cause you get Farmers and Hunters.

The focus should shift to playing the game NOT farming the game !

Comments

• fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    kierlakx said:

I can go ahead and tell you, the drop rate is not good. The drop rate is, in fact, very bad. After 30 chests, I have a single pres ward to show for it. It is bound. It does not stack with my other bound pres wards. It feels like an anti-reward.

Ok so then the issue is drop rate NOT the new system - That can be fixed in a few minutes with the right focus.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Well after running last night I didn't see much for rewards but what I did see was ok.

TiC - I got a whip of the erinyes, unbound.
    TiC / LOMM - 2 friends both got tradebars(2 tradebars each per chest) Heard reports of people getting 10 at a time but that's just a rumor mill.
    TiC - 2 purple pets both boars I believe, both unbound.

So maybe not as much bound as originally expected? Just the really rare stuff maybe? Just special items like pres/coals, TBs, Life Scrolls?

A few more days testing will be required before fully understanding the changes!
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Well after running last night I didn't see much for rewards but what I did see was ok.

TiC - I got a whip of the erinyes, unbound.
    TiC / LOMM - 2 friends both got tradebars(2 tradebars each per chest) Heard reports of people getting 10 at a time but that's just a rumor mill.
    TiC - 2 purple pets both boars I believe, both unbound.

So maybe not as much bound as originally expected? Just the really rare stuff maybe? Just special items like pres/coals, TBs, Life Scrolls?

A few more days testing will be required before fully understanding the changes!

A few more days, or one good explanation from those who should know... :)
  • mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    After some rerolls, I feel like Coyote being fooled by Road Runner as a lollipop with the word "SUCKER" on it. Nice job devs. I wonder when there'll be any decent loot in this game. It doesn't seem to be soon.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    kierlakx said:

I can go ahead and tell you, the drop rate is not good. The drop rate is, in fact, very bad. After 30 chests, I have a single pres ward to show for it. It is bound. It does not stack with my other bound pres wards. It feels like an anti-reward.

My pres ward stacked just fine with my other BtA pres wards.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    My first dungeon run after the change = legendary account bound mount

Have also run a few RTQ and RS but didn't get anything in those
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Gratz!

(not to be negative, but... (putting on my tinfoil hat) Perhaps they gave a few away on the first day purposely to make sure the system was working and to create better hype. I don't know. Personally, I am excited with the new system. They can tweak the rates and methods to for gaining AD for FTP farmers moving forward, as needed.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @lantern22 Technically, I recognize your pattern in my runs: the first dungeon gave me a scroll of life... then no luck whatsoever. =)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    lantern22 said:

what dungeon? are you the lucky sob that did the malabog run on hardcore?
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    If you are excited for the "new" rewards, just realize they are a limited time thing. We already got these rewards the last time they nerfed VIP & chests. For those that haven't been around long enough, we used to peak inside a chest, if it wasn't good, you didn't spend your key. Rewards were much better at that point in time & included the current "new" rewards. They swapped out that system for the current "re-roll" system we are in, gave great rewards for about 3-6 months then crushed drop rates to where they could introduce the same stuff we used to get as new.

This "new" rewards system is leading into the CDP change about VIP (recommended read), after you lose a lot of VIP perks expect these reward levels to plummet again. Enjoy it while it lasts, but realize cryptic constantly uses a rinse & repeat system. Really wish they would have just left it alone, there were 45 pages of people saying don't do this between the multiple CDP's.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

If you are excited for the "new" rewards, just realize they are a limited time thing. We already got these rewards the last time they nerfed VIP & chests. For those that haven't been around long enough, we used to peak inside a chest, if it wasn't good, you didn't spend your key. Rewards were much better at that point in time & included the current "new" rewards. They swapped out that system for the current "re-roll" system we are in, gave great rewards for about 3-6 months then crushed drop rates to where they could introduce the same stuff we used to get as new.

This "new" rewards system is leading into the CDP change about VIP (recommended read), after you lose a lot of VIP perks expect these reward levels to plummet again. Enjoy it while it lasts, but realize cryptic constantly uses a rinse & repeat system. Really wish they would have just left it alone, there were 45 pages of people saying don't do this between the multiple CDP's.

They never actually put forth a proposal in that CDP, so there aren't going to be major changes. Also these changes are in addition to what we were already getting before.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited September 2020

lantern22 said:

what dungeon? are you the lucky sob that did the malabog run on hardcore?
    Tong - normal, RHS chest
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Well, considering that even when you use Reroll Tokens you can still just get the same HAMSTER thrown into your face again and again, i'd say that this new system isn't going to help the majority of players in any way.

The CDP was mentioned as "source" for this change, but in the CDP i suggested that when content is scaled, rewards should also be scaled to match, i think that line even made it onto their summary, but looking at what they actually change in the reward system, it's starting to look like player feedback is only taking into consideration, when it fits into their own plans.

At this point i'm just wondering why the HAMSTER is it so hard for them to come up with something good for all players?!
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    regenerde said:

At this point i'm just wondering why the HAMSTER is it so hard for them to come up with something good for all players?!

Because it needs something more than graph analysis. Being a true gamer with vision and having some brains to see beyond statistics are few examples. I hope their next designer is a veteran neverwinter player who loves the game baahahaaha.