test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balor Braces and fiend remains

deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
Talk about double RNG woes,first you have to kill marks for the trophy's then exchange 2 trophy's for the lure ,and then you hope the mob drops what you are there for.I just killed the Herald of Yeenoghu,Cwnifrinn,for the Balor Braces at least 10 times now,and no braces drops.Is it bugged or what??.I also have like 12 fiend remains that so far i see no use for,anyone know?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    deanski07 said:

Talk about double RNG woes,first you have to kill marks for the trophy's then exchange 2 trophy's for the lure ,and then you hope the mob drops what you are there for.I just killed the Herald of Yeenoghu,Cwnifrinn,for the Balor Braces at least 10 times now,and no braces drops.Is it bugged or what??.I also have like 12 fiend remains that so far i see no use for,anyone know?

Fiend remain is used to upgrade Blessed weapon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    12 fiend remains is the required number to get both of the weapon set to blue.
  • deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Ahhh yes,and i see you have to buy the tears of the redeemed once milestone 2 done to upgrade the weapon set.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    deanski07 said:

I'm guessing you will really love it when the T2 hunts are open, and those will probably have rare drops that people want also. So then you have RNG (chains)+RNG (whatever other lure)+RNG (T2 hunt lure)+RNG (T2 equipment drop). There may be additional steps required if the T2 hunt requires drops from 2 T1s.....I could easily see it being: RNG (chains)+RNG (whatever other lure)+RNG (chains)+RNG (whatever other lure)+RNG (T2 hunt lure)+RNG (T2 equipment drop).

Then...there will be T3. Which if the second scenario above is right, to get the drop you want off the T3, it will be RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG........

RNG! Its fun for developers because its an easy way to create carrots on sticks....keeping the hamster wheel going till they can release the next time sink.

For the record, I've done at least 50 T1 hunts, and I have seen exactly 1 item drop (and lost to a 97 roll with a 90 roll). Maybe there were more and the lot setting was such that it all went to the leader or whatever (I have loot hidden in chat), but...aye. When you consider that most of these T1 hunts require a group, the drop rate is abysmal. I'm sure they will adjust it the other way and the looks will be super common at some point though.
    Yup,it sux or its bugged,not sure which ,killed Cwnifrinn 16 times now,horrible rng i guess. No braces
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Would be nice to know if such drop is by any chance considered within the chests' "rare loot" category... which was disabled.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Well, i stumbled across a summoning from another group while doing Blood War quests, landed one or two hits on Yeenoghu on my way to another demon group in that area and the Balor Braces dropped - i had a lure too and summoned it directly, i think i only got favor and remains in return, so i guess those other players got something and it evened out.

Anyway, RNGesus works in mysterious ways...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    And this is why I don't chase these items. No ill will to those who do but the time invested is not worth it IMO
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    regenerde said:

Well, i stumbled across a summoning from another group while doing Blood War quests, landed one or two hits on Yeenoghu on my way to another demon group in that area and the Balor Braces dropped - i had a lure too and summoned it directly, i think i only got favor and remains in return, so i guess those other players got something and it evened out.

Wow i didn't know it worked that way. I thought for sure only the person who has the lure got the reward unless otherwise designated in a group. Had no idea some ninja hitter would get loot. Doesn't seem right.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    deanski07 said:

regenerde said:

Wow i didn't know it worked that way. I thought for sure only the person who has the lure got the reward unless otherwise designated in a group. Had no idea some ninja hitter would get loot. Doesn't seem right.
    I came across a group doing multiple Auki hunts this past weekend and helped out for a couple of instances - I was hammering hard, made the most damage by far, but got zero rewards. Not even a fiendish remains drop.
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    if buying weapons for alt, how does one get tears of redeemed etc. They do not appear in the store
    edited September 2020
    aelinaz said:

if buying weapons for alt, how does one get tears of redeemed etc. They do not appear in the store

It should be available after the event is over and that is sometime in December.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    They prob don't appear in the store yet - the weapons for alts appeared after the milestone was officially over iirc? But since we can buy the weapons with favors, we will probably be able to buy the reagents as well.
    Just not now - now we are supposed to farm favors.
    - bye bye -

They prob don't appear in the store yet - the weapons for alts appeared after the milestone was officially over iirc? But since we can buy the weapons with favors, we will probably be able to buy the reagents as well.

Just not now - now we are supposed to farm favors.

You are right. The weapon was available after milestone 2 started. May be the regents in milestone 2 will be available when milestone 3 starts. This will make more sense (than they be available after the event is over) because one cannot keep more than 20K ZF.
    edited September 2020
    Even the trophy include chain is in store now. All the camping ..... All the MoP Rank 4 trades.... :)