test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 Crashes

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2020 in Bug Reports (PlayStation®4)
We are aware of PS4 players experiencing crashes after today's maintenance. This issue is related to traveling speed in Avernus so players may avoid crashes by reducing their vehicle speed.

We are working on resolving these as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• diannas2nds#3255 diannas2nds Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thank you. Crashed twice going into the bleeding citadel.
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    This is NOT a new issue after maintenance. It has been happening since Avernus launched on PS4. Happens when riding mount tho ur correct.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User

This is NOT a new issue after maintenance. It has been happening since Avernus launched on PS4. Happens when riding mount tho ur correct.

It isn't a new issue but it got worse today.
  • letitload#4246 letitload Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am still getting this issue in Avernus, no matter where I am or what I am doing for the most part.

If I stand still and do nothing the crashing doesn't occur, but if I am doing anything else, like running around, moving around on my mount or fighting, a crash can occur at any moment.

I currently cannot progress in the Redeemed Citadel content because of this unfortunately.
    edited September 2020
    Related to travelling speed you say? Nonsense...

Teleported into Citadel, WALKED up the ramp into Zariel's chamber, in order to avoid this common bluescreen area.....nevertheless, I bluescreened as soon as I set foot in the main rotunda.

I'm done with the game until you people fix the issue. Unless someone feels like relogging in constantly, it's useless.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 55 Community Manager
    Adventurers on PS4: We're aware of the crashes that are occurring in the Avernus zone, and are working on a fix right now. It seems the crash is occurring when players are moving from one side of the map to the other at great speed. Thanks for your patience!
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    So it's because of The Blood War then... All the more reason to never do something like that again in future content :|

crash is occurring when players are moving from one side of the map to the other at great speed. Thanks for your patience!

Guess I was walking too fast into the citadel then smh...

• deaththaed#4569 deaththaed Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well.. it seems like you are At fixing the wrong issue then. I dont need to travel over the map. You get a bluescreen if you get Inside if the bleeding citadel. Always. Been there a lot of Times now and not one time without bluescreen.

It Doesnt Matter if with teleport scroll or travel through the portal. If i log in while i was in citadel there can be another bluescreen if i run out of it and leave the area. Maybe that second one is the travel issue you are Working on...

and it has been like that since mod19 released. My girlfriend told me , if i go into the citadell, to log to character choose Screen and log in again. If we do so, there is no bluescreen. Well still annoying but doesnt take as much time as if we restart the whole game After bluescreen happens..
  • duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    From my experience it is when you travel from the one heroic boss zones to the other at any speed. Even if I move from mog to huruman hill to do a quest then on to Gary x or citedel I end up with a blue screen
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I get a blue screen usually if I travel into the Citadel and then use my mount too move within IF I have been doing anything else outside of the Citadel first.

For example, if I travel to Avernus via a travel gate (after a reboot or first sign in of the day) and then go directly to the Citadel I have no problems with a blue scree.

However, if first I am anywhere in NW and doing stuff like combat in esp in other areas in Avernus when I then go to the Citadel via any means I will get a blue screen if I attempt to travel while on my mount within. Just walking tho I am fine.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • deaththaed#4569 deaththaed Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hmm.. for me it makes no difference if on Mount or not. It always leads into bluescreen if i Walk trough the citadel
  • letitload#4246 letitload Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Travelling to one side of the map from the other at speed is only part of the issue I fear. It's hard to pinpoint the other causes because a lot of people are crashing in the citadel (which hasn't happened to me yet), and others like myself are crashing randomly no matter what we're doing in the rest of the Avernus area in general. This excludes standing still and doing nothing, which I tested when waiting a few minutes for Garyx to spawn: as soon as I started doing more than standing around, like fighting and running, the crashes started again).
  • nemicronnemicron Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    when are these idiots going to stop nickel and diming everyone and start fixing their servers. there is no excuse for the disconnts on and off all the time. super <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    LUL not really speed related I am confident it has rather to do HOW LONG your NW game app is running for most of the times since my last bluescreen was by simply standing there and reading/posting in trade chat. So yeah!
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • boindal#3050 boindal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    please help after a long time i wanted to play the game now on ps5. constantly, the game timed out connecting to the account server. the server will not load for several days. PS5 connected via internet cable. I've already tried everything possible. Thanks Boindal
  • boindal#3050 boindal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you for not playing on my PS5. Connecting to the account server. Please wait ... Connecting to the acount server timed out. please again later.
    Game Neverwinter and Star trek
    connection via Ethernet cable
    games uninstalled, memory cleared and still nothing.
  • rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Now if only they could address chain drop rates that’d be great
  • wizenia#3624 wizenia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > We are aware of PS4 players experiencing crashes after today's maintenance. This issue is related to traveling speed in Avernus so players may avoid crashes by reducing their vehicle speed.
    >
    > We are working on resolving these as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Cradle of the death god crash today
This discussion has been closed.