test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIPs and Rough AD Refinement

Since you can get more than 100K Unrefined AD when running the regular dungeons- I think a good idea would be to allow more refinement for those who are VIP members. I personally have over 1 million rough AD and will never be able to refine unless I stop playing.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited September 2020

Since you can get more than 100K Unrefined AD when running the regular dungeons- I think a good idea would be to allow more refinement for those who are VIP members. I personally have over 1 million rough AD and will never be able to refine unless I stop playing.

I don't think it is going to happen. If they want it, that would be done many years ago. Many need months to refine their rough AD storage. For years, I have treated that 100K AD as a fixed government cheque that comes in regardless I am working, in vacation or in sick leave. I do need to go to pick it up though (login).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    If they wanted us to have more, we'd have more. Several steps taken in the last couple of years actually reduced the amount we could refine. With 9 characters it was easy for me to get in excess of 300k daily refined. Then they dropped the limit to 100k/acct.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    100,000x30 is 3 million AD per month. 3 million AD would cost $40 (at current 750ad exchange rate). So $40 in AD every month just for playing a free game isn't enough? How much would they have to pay you to play their game and be happy?
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    One more for the records Bear, VIP isn't a "cash only" system. Many people who pay $10 per month are paying for barnacles, such as myself, to ride along. I make well over 4 million per month and the recent Ravenloft event has me with 3.5 million AD in my bank and backlogged in rough AD for days ahead. If I toss 900K AD into the exchange every month, I deserve more?! I strongly disagree.

I would agree with you, if VIP meant "cash only paid player". As always, I thank all of you who support the game with cash payments. We might not know who you are, but you are the unsung heroes of Neverwinter Online, Star Trek Online, and Champions.

Thanks! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Neverwinter's Cryptic sister game, Star Trek Online, allows you to refine 8,000 Dilitium (their AD equivalent) per day. Lifetime Players get a 5 second Assignment where they can refine an additional 1,000 every other day. Fleet (Guild) members also can get a Daily 5 second Assignment at one of the Fleet Holdings of an additional 500 per day.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The problem with this request is that Cryptic is of the opinion (I think correctly) that there is too much Refined AD already in players hands. Adding additional ways to refine raw AD would hinder their efforts to reduce this amount. (At least slow the rate of growth)