test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The reagents resource amount for the mount collars are ridiculous

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
The reagents resource amount for the mount collars are ridiculous and not worth the small value in stat increase by 1%. I know that 5% is Cryptic’s magic number, it’s been that way for awhile now. But why not give player’s value for the time they put into the game. Why think the community for keeping the game alive when at times we could have abandon the game. Why continue to be one of those stingy companies with short arms and deep pockets.
Do not get me wrong I love the mount changes it’s a welcome upgrade edition. The problem is the amount of resources needed. Then the small stat increase that the problem I see. The stats you are increasing are already small to begin with so why not a 10% total stat increase. I know I do not have to upgrade the collars, for the time we put into upgrading the stat increase should be worth it. Especially at Mythic. A 1% stat increase at mythic for 7 marks of potency rank 7, 3,750 insignia powder, 200 shards of empowerment, 100 shards of greater empowerment that’s ridiculous.
Please reward us for playing your game, as we reward you by spending money(for those that do spend money) and playing your game. It works both ways.

From epic to legendary
5 mark of potency rank 6, 750 insignia powder, 150 shards of empowerment, 50 shards of greater empowerment
For 1% increase
From legendary to mythic
5 mark of potency rank 7, 3,750 insignia powder, 200 shards of empowerment, 100 shards of greater empowerment
For 1% increase
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• Options
    darkomen#5022 darkomen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Another big problem is the drop rate of the stones needed. To upgrade all the collars using the stones i figure that it might take me over a year (probably longer) to accumulate all the stones needed and i play every day someone who is only playing an hour or so after work will never be able to accumulate enough to do the upgrades.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    The answer is actually pretty simple. i.e. don't bother to upgrade. Is 1% upgrade a must?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The problem the game has always had is, people blow through content faster than they can produce it. So there is a mass rush when new stuff is released, and then a lul where players are like....what do I do now? They are making a casual friendly game, but trying to accommodate hardcore players (who are far more likely to spend money), and that is hard to do.

So for years, what they have done is move the bar slightly further out on things. It used to be refinement/enchantments and mandatory AD costs, then insignia, companions, mounts...etc. Once something becomes to "easy", they change it and move the bar up, over, sideways, etc (IE RP used to be the big limiting factor to enchants, now its not).

When they added legendary insigs, they made the cost to upgrade from epic such that it would be a long, slow process (except for the whales basically and the people with capped AD accounts). Doesn't seem like they caught much flak from that, so now the bar goes even further out and they really didn't even have to pay anyone to do anything (mount graphics were already there, and the collar graphics are probably just something they had stored). All they had to do was build the UI and mostly done, and you now have given people a seemingly insurmountable goal while you work on the next big thing.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    It's obviously meant to give a long term goal. Though they really shouldn't have made any of the parts sellable, because then it seems like the absolute biggest expenditure for the smallest yield in the universe
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    It's a long term goal. With the idea you save your drops until you have enough. But demand from the whales is high so the price is inflated. This makes it a better choice to sell to a whale now and buy it back from the average Joe later at a much lower price or continue to farm them for yourself instead of selling them.

You complain about the reagents but forget that because of the whales who must have the best stuff immediately, you can sell those drops for a highly inflated price and get your 1% upgrade later at a fraction of the cost.

The whales win because they get their stuff quicker and the average Joe wins by selling it to them.
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    It is ridiculously for everyone and only day "3" of mount changes. If one can max out that fast, the system "fail" as this is a very grind heavy game. Pay for the fast track or take "years" to max out.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Upgrading an enchant from 14 to 15 is ridiculous also if you see the increase.

If you want to be cost - efficiency you wont upgrade most things to max

As allways, some players will spend lots of resources in the game to be max, others will spend lots of $$ to be max, others will be more efficient and look for opportunities.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor