test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenser's Floating Disc when upgraded from Epic to Legendary has the wrong combat power

jpnapoijpnapoi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I personally been trying to get the Tenser's Floating Disk Legendary mount for several years now, and this was finally the move I was hoping Cryptic will do to make it more accessible than having to save up and pay tens of millions of AD (which is an impossible feat).
So I put all my savings on buying the Epic version of the Floating Disk, and lay in wait for several weeks till the mount changes were implemented.
Yesterday I finally got to the game, and to my surprise, when I upgraded the Tenser's Floating Disk from Epic to Legendary, I get the same item, same animations, descriptions and icon but the legendary power is different !!
Maybe one of the most useless mount powers in the game

PLEASE FIX THIS BUG - THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING - AND CERTAINLY LOOKS LIKE A SCAM - TEMPTING PLAYERS TO GET ALL THOSE EPIC MOUNTS SO THEY CAN UPGRADE THEM TO LEGENDARY JUST TO FIND THAT THEY HAVE JUST USELESS COMBAT POWERS.

Comments

• jpnapoijpnapoi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    (continuing my post for lack of space)

Like many people I was trilled with the upcoming mount changes, and sympathized with the objective stated by Cryptic that many players that couldn't get a legendary mount, now they can have it.

On top of that, the Tenser's Floating Disk original Legendary powers now been upgraded from 10% power to 10% damage.
    I certainly hope and pray that this is just one of many bugs in the game, I been playing this game since it was launched in 2013, and it has been a long grind every year to get the right gear, enchantments, and companions.
    (continued)
    There has been no preview or announcement listing the mount powers versions at Legendary level, just a teasing Mythic King of Spines which certainly makes it look like your T-Rex is going to become a King of Spines when you upgrade it (which does not happen). And even when you click upgrade your mount, there is no view of how your mount powers will look like, which is not consistent with any other upgrade in the game. Weapon upgrades, companion upgrades, gear upgrades all show you how the item will look like after you do the upgrade. The lack of information and confusion seems all to try to drive players to spend money in buying mount upgrade tokens just to find out that the don't get much out of that investment when is too late.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    It told you.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477413-mount-changes-&-upgrades

"As mentioned above, insignia slots do not change as your mount is upgraded. Along with that, you do not unlock additional costumes or powers as your mount ranks up. This means that the rarer legendary mounts will retain a good amount of their uniqueness including their multiple universal insignia slots and their unique combat powers."
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited September 2020
    There is a mismatch between combat powers of this epic mount vs the legendary, which is not consistent with other epic vs legendary mounts. Really hope this will be fixed soon.
  • alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    In the mount change notice/blog it said any mount that does not already have a combat power will get a "generic" combat power.....either AOE, single target or self heal over time power.

It does NOT say you will get the combat power from the legendary version, seriously does no one actually read the stuff they put out?
  • alchemistxiiialchemistxiii Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Just for reference

Mounts which previously didn’t have a combat power will have one of 3 generic new combat powers that either do: Single target damage, AoE damage, Self Heal Over Time.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477413-mount-changes-&-upgrades
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    All lockbox mounts are like this, they are essentially different items. Different skin, and now different combat power. This is not a bug and is working as intended.
    If you look at the other combat powers provided to Epic and even Green mounts, they are in line with the combat powers of their legendary counter parts, the Giant Toad at epic level gives 10K combat advantage, similarly many horse mounts give now power bonus.
    One thing is what is written in the blog, another seems to be what they eventually implemented.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    jpnapoi said:

If you look at the other combat powers provided to Epic and even Green mounts, they are in line with the combat powers of their legendary counter parts, the Giant Toad at epic level gives 10K combat advantage, similarly many horse mounts give now power bonus.
    One thing is what is written in the blog, another seems to be what they eventually implemented.

+Power and +Combat Advantage are not combat powers, they are Equip Powers. None of the Epic and Green mounts got the Combat Powers from their legendary counterpart. The implementation follows exactly what they wrote in the post.
    Guess you are right, was mixing the two, appreciate the clarification then. Seems is working as intended then and admin can close this thread. Appreciate everyone's contribution, and being civil about it. Your community feedback helps us all.