test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changing Augment Pet Appearance?

Hellos.

Would it be possible for developers to allow us to change the appearance of augment pets into whatever companion we want? There are REALLY cool ones in the game and bulette pup is ugly.

I didn't ask for combat pets because they have unique combat spell animations. But I wouldn't mind them being included in this new feature :smile:
Tagged:

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I think they said due to the licensing agreement with WoTC they would not be able to do that, due to the appearances of the companions being licensed property.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    They should redesign/rework companions to be like Mounts. We can summon any companion for appearance and slot the companion powers/bonus we unlocked from the companions we have bind on that character.
  • nic1985 said:

They should redesign/rework companions to be like Mounts. We can summon any companion for appearance and slot the companion powers/bonus we unlocked from the companions we have bind on that character.

this is basically what i asked for.
    i didnt get what you were trying to say rickcase276 :frown:
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Mounts became a skin. Used to be slot the highest speed and ride the skin you want.

The augments have different powers when summoned..
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @rickcase276 is telling you the legal butt shield stuff that everyone uses. I imagine they can get away with a lot, just look at module 15... The reality is this game is very loosely based on D&D and should have no issue making augments a fashion as they did with the mounts. Since Tuesday afternoon, it don't matter which mount you ride, they all function as one mount. I think the bigger picture is the reprogramming of the client and database. The game gets buggy as a bait shop after each major makeover. People are still waiting on the free mount packs because they were bugged on Tuesday.

I would suggest you PM Jared Sears, Lead Systems Designer directly. He could explain to you, why or why not this idea would be a reality.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I am just going by what both Chris, Jared and Julia have said on some of the livestreams. They said there they(WoTC) would not allow say a "bulette pup" to have the appearance of a fire sprite and still be called a bulette pup. Now if they would have it still say it is a fire sprite but use the powers of the bulette pup then maybe.
  • they can put the original pet name or whatever to indicate that it is a skin that the player is currently using just like they are putting " vanity" in vanity pet names.