test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 19 PVP Rogue Assassin Build Guide

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited November 2020 in The Thieves' Den
Important mod 19 general PVP info and what it means for you on a PVP rogue:

-- In mod 19, there has been a massive weapon damage increase. For players with lionheart weapons or better, their damage increased by 30% or more.
-- There have also been class adjustments made to 4 different classes.
-- Healing from healing classes was reworked.
-- Tactical enchantments also got nerfed down to 2% incoming healing per enchantment at rank 15.
-- There is more defense available in the game than there is armor pen still. There weren't' much increases to defensive stats and new defensive powers added in mod 19 though.

This means that mod 19 has pushed PVP builds for all classes more towards the 2 extremes:

Builds that were tanky before, will now be incentivized to stack their tanky stats higher than they did before, and they have fewer tradeoffs for doing so. Tanky builds will do significantly more damage than they did before if they have up to date weapons and are close to maxed out. If you don't have the latest weapons or enough gear, you may find yourself doing less damage than you did before in exchange for being able to survive at all.

Glass cannon setups are incentivized to stack more extreme numbers for offense stats now and will be able to kill tanky builds more often than they could before. For rogue, we can drop armor pen entirely this mod and stack mostly power and combat advantage.
Builds that don't stack defense need significantly more HP than we did last mod and also function best when you add in some deflect too. The other option is to stack a moderate amount of the defense stat combined with some HP.
Close to maxed out glass cannons with up to date weapons will do well still, but if you are undergeared, glass cannon may no longer be viable for you until you have geared up some.

Stat Recommendations for PVP rogue builds in mod 19:
Update 9-19-20:
Many of the stat recommendations below were increased by 5k or 10k because of the mythic mounts update. I have already added this increase to the values you see so you don't have to.

Power:
If you stack power, you need 110k power through 130k power to really make it worth it.
90k power is also really good this mod for builds that have higher critical strike.
A rogue PVP build can function with only 60k power, but having 110k+ power is significantly better.

Combat Advantage:
I recommend having no less than 90k CA this mod. 105k+ CA is better and 115k CA is the maximum useful amount to have in PVP.
71k is the lowest amount of CA I would suggest stacking on a rogue build this mod, you could function with as little as 45k CA but its much better to have higher CA.

Critical Strike:
You don't need very much crit in mod 19. This is because stealth is actually granting a background 100k critical strike, meaning you have 50% chance to crit while stealthed as long as you stack a minimum of 35k critical strike. Stealth has likely been doing this for a long time but wasn't proven to be doing this until mod 18.
I recommend 45k through 75k critical strike this mod. The bare minimum amount of crit you need is 35k.
Note that builds with 45k crit or less require a little more skill to play well than ones with higher crit. This is because you need to cast your biggest attacks like assassinate, hateful knives, and shocking execution from stealth when possible and if your crit is low, the stakes are higher if you mess up. It is also easier to consistently apply pressure to your opponent if your crit is at 75k. Against opponents with high critical avoidance, you could raise your crit to 85k but you won't really need to.

Armor Penetration:
I would suggest a minimum of 29k armor pen. 35k, 45k, 60k, 70k, and 75k are also good amounts of armor pen to have if you stack it.
Note that for rogue, armor pen is usually only worth stacking if your opponents are players with middle ground amounts of defense (45k through 75k defense). If your opponent either has very low defense (35k or less defense) or extremely high defense (95k through 120k defense), then you are better off removing your armor pen and increasing your power, CA, and crit. The exception is if you removed your defensive stats entirely and stacked 90k or 95k armor pen; when you do this, you have enough room to have great numbers for CA, armor pen, crit, and power all at same time, this is something that works good in solo que.

Accuracy:
You don't need accuracy and most of my setups skip it. But it is useful to stack an extra 7k of it, for a total of around 31k through 35k.

Hit Points:
I recommend minimum 450k HP in mod 19 if you don't stack any of the defense stat, some setups can go under this mark. Good higher numbers rogue can reach are 480k HP or 575k.
If you do run some defense, I recommend 410k HP at max.
Important Note: A patch on 7-23-20 changed the math for the constitution ability score HP bonus, it is now possible to stack much higher HP than it was possible to reach before. My basic recommendation of stacking 450k HP has remained the same, but it is now much easier to hit this number and you can go a lot higher than that if you wanted to. Make sure to put your ability score points into con first and either str or dex second.

Defense:
I haven't got around to plotting out the exact values you'd want for defense on a rogue (if you stack defense at all). I will fill in this section later if I decide to try it. As a rough estimate, you would want to have around 30% effective DR vs your opponents, and your opponents have less incentive to try to stack armor pen than they used to, meaning many opponents will have low armor pen this mod. You'd probably want around 70k defense on a rogue, if you have room for that much without losing too much in other desirable stats.

Deflect:
You want around 35k or 40k deflect on a rogue if you have room for it. Some stat configurations make it hard to fit in this deflect and you can skip it on some setups. I have had best results with 38k deflect. 27k deflect is the bare minimum I'd recommend.

The Two best Build Setups For PVP Rogue Right Now:

The first option is a setup that uses envenomed storyteller's journal + varying amounts of other AP gain sources.
-- This setup benefits more from corrupt black ice overloads than the second option does but they are good for both.
-- The infiltrator's action passive power is a good option on this setup but not required. If you run IA, your second passive should be your choice of skillful infiltrator, oppressive darkness or first strike.
-- The dazing strike encounter power is also good for this setup in the scenarios when you can afford to use it instead of smokebomb.
-- If you were to use all AP gain sources on this setup except for the offhand weapon bonus (AP offhand weapon bonus isn't worth taking), you have a full daily build, which can generate dailies every 17 through 35 seconds vs a test dummy, which is roughly within 45 seconds in a match usually. The full daily build version uses the flail snail mount though so it does lose a lot of stats and is debatably worth it over running just the journal artifact and overloads.

The second option is a setup that uses staff of flowers + varying amounts of damage buffs.
-- For a staff of flowers setup, I recommend using the oppressive darkness passive power always and the other one should be either skillful infiltrator or first strike.
-- This setup benefits the most from class slayer overloads but other overloads also work well with it.
-- For staff of flowers setup, you must have the toxic blades feat (you should use toxic blades for all setups really) and should always run smokebomb with this setup. You'd cast smokebomb from stealth and use that with your artifact and any other damage buffs you have.
-- If you use the legendary tyrannosaur combat power and bronzewood enchantment with staff of flowers, you have a full nukebuffer setup, you hit hard and you also provide a lot of useful damage buffs for your team.

PVP Rogue Build Item List:
This list of items is what I recommend:

Weapon Enchantments:
Vorpal or Bronzewood.

Info on Vorpal:

Vorpal is what I'd recommend for most players, especially if they have high crit, a lower budget, or play assassin. Its easier to use and gives you higher damage more consistently.

Info on Bronzewood:

Mod 19 increased damage enough that rogue can afford to run bronzewood now.

If you are fairly skilled, can afford a second enchantment, play a WK, or just have low crit, bronzewood is a great enchantment to have on hand.

Remember that bronzewood's 10% damage bonus is only active 50% of the time. While it is active, your big hits often do more dps than they would with vorpal but it is less consistent. Unlike vorpal, the damage boost isn't limited to critical hits though, so your hits that only have CA active will have their damage boosted by a nice amount as well.

Bronzewood's damage bonus is applied separately for each enemy and it can effect multiple enemies at a time. Smokebomb is a great way to proc bronzewood.

Armor Enchantment:
Shadowclad (needs to be rank 12 or higher). This is an essential item to have in PVP, without it, you take way too much damage.

Alternative Armor Enchantment Option:
It is possible to run elven battle enchantment on rogue.
To pull this off, you need at least 40k deflect (I recommend 45k or 50k) and around 480k HP. Combined with foehammer's favor elixir.
I did try this out and found that this setup is very tanky most of the time, but the times you don't deflect are devastating, more so than with shadowclad. This setup can spam dodges and helps some vs CCs, but felt surprisingly dull to play.

Offense Enchantments:
There are several options for stat offense stat enchantments on PVP rogue builds, generally you want enchantments that grant power, combat advantage, and critical strike. So radiant, woven tales, brutal, tactical, and azure are all viable options. You also want 1 tenebrous enchantment, the tenebrous needs to be at a high rank to be worth it.

Enchantments for armor pen setups:
If you stack armor pen, then there are some more options out there to consider, such as savage, shiny coin, and demonic.

Defense Enchantments:
Generally you want enchantments that grant HP and deflect. So radiant, silvery, and wicked tend to be the best options.

Utility Enchantments:
Tacticals, they are the only good option.

Weapons:
Lionheart, blessed, or celestial weapons. You need high weapon damage and these 3 weapon sets give you the most.

Weapon Side Bonuses:
10% critical severity
10% more gloaming cut damage (for most players and builds). 10% more duelist's flurry damage is also great if you are running high crit and are playing aggressively.
For the stat increase, any stat you need is viable.

Artifact Gear:
Anything that grants the stats you need and has up to date HP is viable. If you want a full set for the bonus, the best three bonuses from sets with enough HP are the ones from the apprentice's spoils set and the new glorious light and redeemed sets.

Artifacts:

For your primary artifact, the best two overall right now are envenomed storyteller's journal and staff of flowers.
Halaster's blast scepter is also good on some setups.

For the artifacts you use for stats, use anything that grants you the stats/HP you need. My top recommendation is to have 2 or 3 journal artifacts from the tales of old set and the arcturia's music box.

Head, Armor, Arms, and Feet Gear:

For head, BIS is the helm of the skyblazer. The next best thing is crown of the pit fiend. Lionsguard raid hat and fancy duelist mask of cormyr are older but still decent options.

For chest, BIS is garbs of the herald or bone devil’s ribcage. Forsaken scout's hide and lionsguard raid leathers are older but still decent options.

For Arms, BIS is arms of the living fire. The next best thing are the lionsguard raid leathers. Close to BIS options include star rover's bracers and spiked defender vambrace.

For Feet, BIS options are greaves of the fallen angel, banded boots of the successor, and wisps of the shadow demon. The next best thing are greaves of the lightguard.

Pants and Shirt:

For shirt, BIS is the shirt of the hell’s interrogator. Infernal forged raid shirt is the next best thing. When it gets fixed, upper pact brands of the inferno will also be a BIS option. The next best thing is the tunic of the hell's negotiator.

For pants, BIS is infernal forged ward trousers. Imperator’s gladiator trousers are also a BIS option.

Rings:
There are a lot of BIS rings available to choose from, here are the best ones:
Vallenhas family seal, leading ring of the mentor, gold ring of the herald, leading ring of the teacher, striking ring of the master, borrowed ring, fire mage's burnt ring, ring of fallen power, ring of the overwhelmed, twisting gold ring, ring of the brutal fiend, chantilly glass ring, budding ring of the rose, nickel-plated ring, guiding ring of the spy, defending ring of the keeper.

Armor kits and Jewel Kits:
For armor kits, use any stat you need, its hard to go wrong with 4X HP or 4X power so that is my default recommendation. arp, crit, and deflect are also great options.
For jewel kits, I recommend 4X combat advantage kits.

Insignias:
My recommendation is 15X insignias of gond or a mix of mostly insignias of gond and a few insignias of brutality.
For an armor pen setup, use mostly gond combined with a few aggression and skill or initiative insignias.
Mastery insignias are also good to have around 6 or 7 of on some setups.
If you want to stack really high HP, 15X fortitude or prosperity offer the most HP.
The type of insignias you need are 6X crescent, 5X illuminated, 2X barbed, and 2X enlightened
The best insignia powers overall for rogue are 2X oppressor's reprieve, 2X survivor's blessing, and 1X champion's return.
Some setups can afford to lose one copy of oppressor's reprieve or champion's return and use something else.

Mounts:
-- For combat power, the best 5 for assassin in solo que (in order) right now are tongue lash (legendary giant toad), divine intervention (celestial/divine wings), Tyrannosaurus rex'em (king of spines/warpainted/commander tyrannosaur), tunnel vision (many mounts), and bat swarm (swarm).

For the stat bonus from mounts, my top recommendation is 15k Combat Advantage or 15k Armor Pen if you can only have 1. Other BIS options include 15k crit, 15k deflect, 7.5k crit & 7.5k armor pen, 7.5k power & 7.5k armor pen. See my below post on what the best mounts to upgrade are for details.

Collars:
1) Default Recommendation: Wayfaring Barbed (critical severity)
2) Default Recommendation: Sturdy Crescent (encounter power damage increase)
3) Your Choice Of: Unified Regal (incoming healing) or Unified Crescent (movement speed)
4) Default Recommendation: Supportive Barbed (control bonus)
5) Only Good Option: Practical Regal (rough AD bonus)

Overload Enchantments:
My recommendation is to use 1 bulwark of brimestone and 1 greater corrupt black ice overload.
Using 2X corrupt black ice, class slayer overloads, rage of flames, class wards, and devil's precision are also all excellent options.
The budget friendly but weaker alternative is to use 2X red dragon glyphs, note that red dragon glyphs are only good if you are using duelist's flurry.

Screenshots Of My Build:
If you want to know some of the build info I didn't mention in writing, such as what feats I use, what powers I use, what potions I use, ect, there are several posts below with screenshots of my builds that answer those questions.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I have moved all of the screenshots out of the head post in this thread and have reposted them further down in this same thread. This is because I wanted to post more examples.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Post edited by trgluestickz on

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Here is some info on how a high HP build with no defense is played:

This build is squishy but it can survive combat vs multiple enemies longer than you might expect; it is a decent node defender/distractor and it also self-heals surprisingly well despite the incoming healing nerf. You do need to move around a lot as part of your self defense routine and use your surroundings to your advantage. You will need to wait off node some of the time to take the heat off you a moment, you'd get back on the node periodically to prevent an enemy from capping it back.

Note, just because this build can be left to defend your team's nodes ok doesn't mean this is how you have to play all the time; you have some flexibility and will need to take up other jobs some of the time. Another great option is to play in a very mobile way, you swoop in, you kill an enemy fast, and you leave that node as soon as another teammate shows up that can take your place as defender.

If you wear bronzewood, you will need to go where the action is more often than this build's vorpal wearing counterpart does. So you will be spending more time in big node battles involving multiple teammates and multiple enemies. Bronzewood tends to be easier to wield well on the rivenscar and hotenow domination maps and is harder to use on stardock arena.

Having higher crit makes it easier/more consistent for you to apply pressure to enemy players and put them on the defensive. Which improves your survivability as well, especially when combined with around 33k deflect.

Some General PVP Rogue Play Tips:

Try to hit from stealth with assassinate, shocking execution, or hateful knives when you have that option.
    If those powers are all on cooldown, or you need to buff your teammate's damage, or are using staff of flowers, cast smokebomb from stealth instead.

Rogues are at their most dangerous at the begining of combat. This is especially true if they have an unspent daze from the scullcracker feat and the 15% DPS boost from the first strike passive power. Surprising an enemy with a daily from stealth is a great opener and usually kills your target outright. Deft strike from stealth is also a great opener.

Try to take advantage of your opponent's vulnerable moments to help you land your attacks, some examples of these are your enemy's stamina bar being empty, when they are CC'ed, or when your enemy is using an attack.

You should work with your teammates when possible to focus kill a single enemy at a time. The best targets are players who are either undergeared or are very useful to their team but also squishy. You want to target people you can kill quickly and reliably.

When using your stealth, you don't need to drain your stealth gage right away, this isn't PVE, this is PVP. You should linger in stealth when you need to heal, take the heat off you, wait on powers to come off cooldown, avoid being pushed off a node, ect. A good strategy for healing in stealth is to allow yourself to take a small hit right before you enter stealth, this gets your insignia heals flowing.

You can sometimes double the amount of time you spend in stealth using your shadowclad proc and your regular stealth; you use whichever one happens first and wait for it to run out, then activate the other. Your shadowclad is most likely to proc shortly after you have entered combat and are taking damage, when you have just left stealth, or when your stealth bar is unspent and close to full. Remember that shadowclad stealth is on a 30 second cooldown.

PVP health potions are important. To use them properly, wait until you are at around half your HP. In general, spacing out your survival tricks and only using them when you need them is a very effective way to increase your survivability. Also, try not to wait too long to use these potions, if you wait until you are at really low health, it will likely be too late for the potion to save you.

Don't spam dodges when your enemy's big attacks are all on cooldown. If you just watched them use all their big stuff and are familiar with their classes's mechanics, you have no reason to panic. Conserve your stamina and try to dodge only when you need to. You have more leeway for mistakes on a rogue than on some other classes like wizard but this is a good tip for any dodging class.

If you pay attention to your opponent, you can tell when they are going to try to hit you, you won't always be able to predict what attack it is, though you can avoid a lot of specific attacks if you know the animation for it. The more experienced you are, the more often you'll sense when it looks like a great time for your opponent to try to hit you and when they have their big hits ready, this is when you dodge.

Ideally a rogue will be free to spend most of its time on the enemy team's home node and middle node (for hotenow and rivenscar). This is where rogues are at their most useful. You generally want another class that is tankyer to go to your team's home node, instead of your team making you do that for them.

When using the t-rex combat power, use it as though it was a stun instead of only for the 15% dps boost. You will land a lot more attack combos if you actually use the root.
    For bat swarm combat power, use it as a CC break and not for the damage boost.
    Don't launch lion combat power mindlessly, use it for a reason and not just because you can.
    For damage dealing combat powers, always cast them from stealth.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited July 2020
    The Original Build Screenshots from July 3rd:

Note: This particular build isn't going to receive anymore updates since I no longer run this version.

These are the screenshots of the build I used as my example when I first launched this guide.

Other Info Specific To These Screenshots:

Offense Enchantments:
    All radiants and 1 tenebrous.

Defense Enchantments:
    All radiants

Weapon Side Bonuses:
    10% critical severity and 10% more gloaming cut damage. The stat increase is set to power.

Rings:
    These screenshots combine 1 leading ring of the mentor with 1 borrowed ring

Armor kits:
    4X power kits.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited August 2020
    Screenshots Of An Improved high CA/Crit/Power Build I Created On 7-17-20:

The build below has more crit than the original one from this thread had, I also adjusted its defensive stats and lowered power to 100k. Other tweaks include switching from wild storm elixir to foehammer's favor elixir and changing the offhand at will damage bonus to 10% more duelist's flurry damage. (Note from 8-15-20: I'm leaning towards 10% more gloaming cut damage being better for this build now)

This build is so far better at turning matches than the original build that had low crit and generates a lot of kills. It has a fantastic overall performance.

This build is at its most effective vs players with either very low defense (30k or less) or extremely high defense (above 90k). It often generates 400k+ critical assassinates vs players with low defense. The daily hits on this build can oneshot many high defense builds easily.

Builds with high defense in general will still be very tanky and hard for this build to kill without a daily. For fighting players with 50k through 80k defense, a build with high armor pen is a safer pick.

This build has smokebomb on by default but it also works well with dazing strike in place of smokebomb.

The default mount combat power on this build is t-rex but lion also works well on it.

The default passive powers for this build are oppressive darkness and skillful infiltrator, but first strike combined with oppressive darkness is also excellent.

You can also build good versions of this build with 80k crit instead of 70k but the only version of it like this I've seen had very low deflect and HP.

Update From 8-15-20:
    I found a more efficient way to make this build that has better stats than the old version. I replaced all the screenshots and info in this post with the new version.

Here are the screenshots of this build:

More Info Specific To These Screenshots:

Offense Enchantments:
    5X woven tales, 1X shiny coin, 1X tactical, and 1X tenebrous.

Defense Enchantments:
    4X wicked 1X radiant

Armor Kits:
    4X power

Offhand Stat Bonus:
    CA

Mount Stat:
    Crit

Rings:
    Vallenhas Family Seal and Striking Ring of the Master

Overloads:
    2X black ice

Insignias:
    14X gond 1X brutality
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited July 2020
    7-20-20 Speed Builds:

I created 2 versions of a speed build that works and does good damage. This build is designed to be faster at node rotating in matches, it doesn't wrack up quite as many kills as builds with more stats but it still wins matches well. The speed on this build makes it much easier to chase down enemies and also makes it significantly easier to use harder to land powers such as duelist's flurry, it also can comfortably run dazing strike in matches without needing to swap to smoke bomb as often.

Remember to pay attention to the powers, Items, class features, ect you see in those screenshots. For example, skillful infiltrator and sneak attack are important for a speed build and the boots and pants this build uses are also important.

Important Note From 7-26-20:
    I have replaced all of the old screenshots of these 2 builds because of the patch on 7-23-20. Constitution now grants a lot more HP than it did before, so all of the screenshots provided are the adjusted versions.

I also left all of the screenshots of this build in link form to make this post more readable. All links provided in this post are the new up to date versions.

Here is the first version, it has high CA and low armor pen:
    This means it is at its strongest vs enemies with either very low defense (30k or less) or extremely high defense (80k +).
    https://i.imgur.com/Xk1mxGR.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/aq0G5mJ.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/vOv8Qpr.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/KMxgP6Z.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/6ujV6Bz.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/EppNlGW.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/rGbvAEe.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Racwgoo.jpg

Version 1 High CA Unseen Item Info:

Offense Enchantments:
    7X woven tales 1X tenebrous

Offhand Weapon Bonus:
    CA

Armor Kits:
    2X HP, 1X Crit, 1X Arp

Insignias:
    13X Gond 2X Skill

Here is the second version, it has high armor pen and low CA:
    This means it is at its strongest vs enemies with middle ground amounts of defense (40k through 70k).
    https://i.imgur.com/pMa9MeF.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/MUkKDKL.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/e1mIqOB.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/L8upkg4.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/eSYdl5N.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/TiI9der.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ETWlw8I.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/0XSRosK.jpg

Version 2 High Arp Unseen Item Info:

Offense Enchantments:
    3X savage, 2X woven tales, 1X shiny coin, 1X tenebrous

Offhand Weapon Bonus:
    Crit

Armor Kits:
    2X HP and 2X Crit

Insignias:
    13X Gond 1X Aggression 1X Skill

Shared Unseen Items On Both Versions:

Defense Enchantments:
    2X radiant 1X wicked 2X silvery

Overloads:
    This build functions best with 2 corrupt black ice overloads if you use envenomed storyteller's journal like in the screenshots.

Optional High Dollar Consumables Recommendation:
    On a speed build, you would also have a high incentive to use scroll of fate: movement and potion of speed. These 2 pots are extremely expensive to maintain though.

Note On The PVP Speed Boon:
    This boon needs to be retested still, if the proc chance is bad or it doesn't work still, then take it off.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited August 2020
    7-26-20 High Armor Pen/Crit Build:

Update From 8-15-20:
    I found a more efficient way to make this build that has better stats than the old version. I replaced all the screenshots and info in this post with the new version.

This build trades some of its raw damage for the ability to cut through most defense builds in mod 19 with ease. Most defense builds in mod 19 currently stack 40k through 70k defense, which is the right range for this build to be at its most effective. It also can cut into 80k and 90k defense builds reasonably well but they will still be more difficult to kill.

This build does produce smaller hits overall than my high CA loadout with more power does; some of the low defense players you'd ordinarily oneshot on a build with higher CA and power will take more hits to kill on this high armor pen setup.

This build overall has an excellent performance and generates a lot of kills. It can also kill more healers, some of which you can now kill 1vs1 without a daily. This build can knock even a good healer's health gage down most of the way but it usually requires focused help from teammates to actually kill the healer.

One of the quick adjustments you can do to this build is swap the guild boon to power, this gets you 62k armor pen and 98k power instead of the 70k armor pen and 90k power.

You can also hit 80k armor pen on this setup with a few adjustments, though you seldom need this much. You can also build good armor pen setups with 80k crit but this used different items when I tried it.

This build has smokebomb on by default but it also works well with dazing strike in place of smokebomb.

The default mount combat power on this build is t-rex but lion also works well on it.

Here are the screenshots of this build:

Offense Enchantments:
    6X savage, 1X shiny coin, 1X woven tales, and 1X tenebrous.

Defense Enchantments:
    3X wicked 1X radiant

Armor Kits:
    4X power

Offhand Stat Bonus:
    CA

Mount Stat:
    Deflect

Rings:
    Gold-Plated Ring and Ring of the Brutal Fiend

Overloads:
    2X black ice

Insignias:
    9X gond, 5X aggression, 1X skill
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited September 2020
    Mythic Mount Upgrading Guidelines For PVP Rogue:

Your stat priorities on a PVP rogue right now are: 
    15k combat advantage > 15k armor pen > 15k crit > 15k deflection > 7.5k armor pen & 7.5k crit > 7.5k armor pen & 7.5k power > 15k power > 60k HP > 15% movement speed > 15% AP gain

Remember that for PVP rogue insignias right now, you want 2X survivor's blessing, 1X oppressor's reprieve, 1X champion's return, and 1X assassin's covenant. So pick your first 5 mounts with this in mind. This is also important to check since it also affects whether or not you can put on maxed out mount collars.
    Additional Info: Artificer's persuasion, combatant's maneuver, a second copy of oppressors reprieve, gladiator's guile, or barbarian's revelry are also good options to have available, you'd swap out assassin's covenant for 1 of these if you did this.

Right now, damage dealing mount combat powers are overpowered and will probably get nerfed at some point, I recommend everyone have a backup combat power option for % damage or other.

Best Mounts To Upgrade To Mythic, from best to lower priority but still good:

Any Mount With The Tunnel Vision Combat Power (suggestions include hell emblazion worg, hellfire engine, white tiger, wolf of the wild hunt, fey wolf, winter wolf)
    Ideally this mount should also have access to champion's return or oppressor's reprieve
    It should also have a useful stat bonus you didn't already have.
    More Info: Tunnel Vision (the basic single target damage power) is probably BIS for PVP now. It has a very high magnitude and almost instant cast time, it will be hard for your opponents to see it coming due to its very subtle animation.

Legendary Giant Toad (crescent): Survivor's Blessing, Oppressor's Reprieve
    I picked this purely for the combat advantage bonus and insignia slots. The combat power has the same magnitude as the tunnel vision single target dps combat power. It however has a slower animation than tunnel vision so keep that in mind. This mount also offers good insignia slots.

Mythic King of Spines, Warpainted Tyrannosaur, or Commander Tyrannosaur (Regal): Assassin's Covenant
    This is the best mount combat power for PVP that doesn't directly deal damage. It got this ranking due to it both having a really useful root and a damage buff. It can also eat soul puppets. These mounts also offer good insignia slots and good stats.

Black Ice Warhorse Or Crystalline Warhorse (barbed): Survivor's Blessing
    These mounts offer the best available AOE damage combat power. It also offers good insignia slots and the power stat is usable.

Arcane Whirlwind (barbed, survivior's blessing) or Infernal War Machine (3 universal, any):
    These 2 mounts offer a really strong prone and damage dealing combat power. Infernal war machine has the best insignia slots of any mount but a bad stat bonus for rogue. Arcane whirlwind has a good stat bonus but its insignia slots are more restrictive.

Any Mount With The Rejuvenating Favor Combat Power (suggestions include axe beak, suratuk's red-dusted axe beak, starry panther)
    Ideally this mount should also have access to champion's return or oppressor's reprieve
    It should also have a useful stat bonus you didn't already have.
    More Info: This basic self heal combat power is better than the one offered by skeleton steed. You could slot both self healing powers if you wanted to since they occupy different slots, but only the basic heal is potentially worth it.

Swarm (Illuminated): Champion's Return, Oppressor's Reprieve,
    I picked this mostly because this was a good legendary mount that has champion's return as an option. This mount also offers the biggest dps buff out of any combat power that doesn't directly deal damage. It also breaks you out of CCs.

Swift Golden Lion (Illuminated): Champion's Return, Oppressor's Reprieve,
    I picked this mostly because this was a good legendary mount that has champion's return as an option. Its combat power is usually important for premade vs premade matches and is also good overall but probably no longer BIS.

Armored Axe Beak Or Regal Armored Griffon (crescent): oppressor's reprieve,  survivor's blessing
    These two mounts are both great armor pen mounts that also had the right insignia slots for a PVP rogue. The AOE dps combat power for armored axe beak is second only to black ice warhorse's AOE damage combat power right now. Regal armored griffon is unusual in that it has the same insignia slot options as a legendary mount and it also happens to grant armor pen.

Tenser's Floating Disk or Adolescent Deepcrow (enlightened, champion's return):
    These 2 mounts offer good % damage buffs. Tenser's disk has a clunky animation but you can cancel it with an attack, it both buffs your damage and increases your movement speed. Deepcrow offers a BIS stat bonus for rogue and its damage bonus is more appealing than it was before the mount update.

War Triceratops or other HP granting mount:
    This is a good mount to have on hand, but isn't BIS for PVP rogue right now. The combat power is decent being both damage and a prone, and the 60k HP is also useable.

Armored Giant Strider: (Illuminated): Champion's Return, Oppressor's Reprieve,
    This mount has good insignia slots and the movement bonus is handy to have around for making speed builds.

Flail Snail or other mount that grants you AP after using a daily power:
    The AP gain power isn't something you are likely to use much in mod 19, but it is good for maxing maxed out AP gain builds. Flail snail combat power stays on the field longer than other mounts and is one of the best prones, but its damage is lower than BIS Options.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited September 2020
    9-20-20 High Armor Pen Solo Que Assassin With No Defensive Stats (released after mythic mounts update):

This very powerful solo que build is the result of me and Tarrok collaborating with eachother, he designed his build around preventing enemy players from gaining shadowclad stacks and I improved on it.

It can kill just about any player, it does really nice damage to squishy enemies and is also optimal for killing high defense builds, even 100k defense builds. You will still run into some difficulty killing if too many healers are present in a match.
    -- On rare occasions, you will need to temporarily increase your critical strike to 85k if a lot of enemies with high critical avoidance are present.
    -- Sometimes you will want to temporarily lower armor pen and increase your CA if you encounter a lot of enemies in a match with low defense.
    - Both of these situational stat adjustments are easily accomplished by changing your mount passive stat bonus, you won't need to swap anything else.

It also features an extra augmentation designed by tarrok to prevent enemy players from gaining shadowclad stacks. You combine 33k accuracy, around 16% through 24% control bonus, and the tenacious concealment class feature. You also need to remove some of the little damage procs that cause enemies to build up more shadowclad stacks. Some of the things you need to remove on this build include oppressive darkness, journal 3 set bonus, and duelist's flurry.

The 33k accuracy also significantly increases how often you land 400k stealthed non-deflected assassinates. You want to hit with dazing strike followed by assassinate from stealth. Accuracy does come with a small con in that it seems to make it more likely that enemies will enter shadowclad stealth when you have your daily power ready. The accuracy is still worth it but this is something to be aware of.

The combat power granted by warpainted tyrannosaur, commander tyrannosaur, and king of spines mounts are a perfect fit for this build. You use it as though it was a stun instead of for the damage bonus, it does have a CC effect and I land so many rotations with this mount.
    Note that tyrannosaur isn't currently BIS because of the overpowered 3,000 magnitude mount powers tunnel vision and tongue lash. If these get nerfed, t-rex is what you'd replace them with.

This build has no defensive stats aside from bare minimum needed HP and deflect for PVP. This gives it a big enough offense stats pool to hold onto extremely high armor pen, great crit, great CA, great power, and great accuracy all at the same time. The low defensive stats do make it more fragile than the other builds I released this mod, but this build's offense stats are high enough that you don't really notice the increased fragileness that much.

This build favors the really mobile pure dps playstyle I've mentioned before in past posts. You swoop in, you kill an enemy fast, and then you usually leave if you are able to do so without causing your team to lose a node. Tankyer teammates should be left behind to defend your team's blue nodes instead of you when possible. You will be moving from node to node where needed and quickly clearing enemies on the way to nodes. You will be sent to attack and cap enemy nodes a lot. You can sometimes defend node 2 from multiple enemies by killing enemy after enemy as they try to come back.

Offense Enchantments:
    6X shiny coin, 2X savage, and 1X tenebrous.

Defense Enchantments:
    3X wicked 1X radiant

Armor Kits:
    3X power 1X armor pen

Offhand Stat Bonus:
    CA

Mount Stat:
    Armor pen

Rings:
    Gold Ring of the Herald and Ring of the Brutal Fiend

Overloads:
    2X black ice

Insignias:
    9X gond, 5X aggression, 1X mastery
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited December 2020
    12-15-20 Updated Assassin Solo Que Build:

This build is mostly the same as the one in the comment above it, its been updated to the latest gear. This build does excellent dps but is a bit fragile at this point during mod 19. As a rule of thumb for assassin this late into the mod, when in doubt increase your HP and deflect, just don't go above 575k HP and 38k deflect, you'll lose too much dps otherwise.

Offense Enchantments:
    7X shiny coin, 1X dark, and 1X tenebrous.

Defense Enchantments:
    2X wicked 2X radiant

Armor Kits:
    3X power 1X armor pen

Offhand Stat Bonus:
    Accuracy

Overloads:
    2X black ice

Insignias:
    11X gond 4X aggression
    --
    PVP Rogue,