Redeemed Citadel Is Not P2W - Fact Checks

2»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    arazith07 said:

adinosii said:

IMO,

the best path forward is to increase the value of the hardmode mission bonus from 600 to 1800, and to announce that after the fourth stage has ended, that all items (including the premium) will be available via game vendor for fallen currency.

I have to disagree a bit here, because quite frankly, I think there is nothing that needs fixing - as long as you are just playing a single alt.

Now, the "free" reward tier is not worth much - the Blessed weapons are worthless if you have the Celestial or Lionheart set, and as for the AD rewards, you coulæd earn more AD in the same time by not grinding the event.

No, the whole Redeemed Citadel is pretty much worthless except for the items in the "paid" tier - a copup e of rings, 3 companion gear pieces, good pants, legendary insignia and the Asimar race. To me, that stuff is worth the grind and 4000 Zen (5000 if you are unlucky).

However, I really only play a single character nowadays - and that's the issue with this event .... it is OK to spend an hour per day on it to get the rewards, but if you have multiple alts, it is, well...just not fun. That's the angle that might need some reconsidering ... but for people with just one character.....meh, no complaints from me.

except that some of that stuff in the paid tier is bis. which means people that want those things MUST grind it. many people don't have that amount of time. whatever happened to the age old tradition of not being forced to grind for things? either by paying another player or by paying the company? Yes it's doable, but is it reasonably doable for every person even if they only have an hour for 3 days a week to play? how many of the player base is able to come log on and do nothing but this grind every day of the week for 45 minutes to an hour and a half? for the next four months... yes for some it's doable.. but for many it's not.
    Where is the BIS? One might argue the ring, but we have rings with Mog, Gary, and ToMM and who knows what else when hunts are unlocked. Companion gear has been available to get for a year now from M17. The companions are a bit meh from what I can tell and the rest is just cosmetic. All I see are horizontal progression stuff or just more options. Sure the race may be comparable to DB with the added benefit of being able to have helms and not be ugly, but it's also cheaper (not including the charity packs).
    the new race. the new race is locked behind zen and a massive grind and there is no other option to get it.
    edited August 2020

adinosii said:

IMO,

the best path forward is to increase the value of the hardmode mission bonus from 600 to 1800, and to announce that after the fourth stage has ended, that all items (including the premium) will be available via game vendor for fallen currency.

I have to disagree a bit here, because quite frankly, I think there is nothing that needs fixing - as long as you are just playing a single alt.

Now, the "free" reward tier is not worth much - the Blessed weapons are worthless if you have the Celestial or Lionheart set, and as for the AD rewards, you coulæd earn more AD in the same time by not grinding the event.

No, the whole Redeemed Citadel is pretty much worthless except for the items in the "paid" tier - a copup e of rings, 3 companion gear pieces, good pants, legendary insignia and the Asimar race. To me, that stuff is worth the grind and 4000 Zen (5000 if you are unlucky).

However, I really only play a single character nowadays - and that's the issue with this event .... it is OK to spend an hour per day on it to get the rewards, but if you have multiple alts, it is, well...just not fun. That's the angle that might need some reconsidering ... but for people with just one character.....meh, no complaints from me.

except that some of that stuff in the paid tier is bis. which means people that want those things MUST grind it. many people don't have that amount of time. whatever happened to the age old tradition of not being forced to grind for things? either by paying another player or by paying the company? Yes it's doable, but is it reasonably doable for every person even if they only have an hour for 3 days a week to play? how many of the player base is able to come log on and do nothing but this grind every day of the week for 45 minutes to an hour and a half? for the next four months... yes for some it's doable.. but for many it's not.
    If they buy the pack, they can take their time to grind it. If one wants to, he can spend (say) a year to do so.

In the old day, Neverwinter always required grinding. There was no buyout package at all.
    e.g. The elemental weapon required one to grind 100 BHE when it came out and that could not be done alone (almost everyone wanted the fire one). You could not buy that in any mean (short of taking over somebody's account) until much later.
    Taking your time to grind at your own pace is still ridiculous. it could take a very long time for people who aren't on often. and 100 bhes.. that would be far more reasonable than this. this is going to be probably closer to 1000 bhes. AND no money required with the earlier example you pointed to.

Because, that is how it used to be, does that make it better somehow?
    Back when I was a kid we had to wear cardboard shoes and walk to school 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! LMAO.

This is not a fun thing they've put into the game. it's work. and it's work you're paying them for doing.

tell me this, you think this is fun? You think this is enjoyable and a good way to spend time?

Would you prefer this was just based on xp and you could play whatever you wanted to move forward or based on a couple dungeons you could run over and over or be forced to do hours of non stop bhe's?

Do you think others with limited time might rethink their time in this game if they were required to pay money AND spend hours doing something extremely repetitive?

Do you think their loss might impact your ability to find runs at a later point in time?

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020

adinosii said:

IMO,

If they buy the pack, they can take their time to grind it. If one wants to, he can spend (say) a year to do so.

In the old day, Neverwinter always required grinding. There was no buyout package at all.
    e.g. The elemental weapon required one to grind 100 BHE when it came out and that could not be done alone (almost everyone wanted the fire one). You could not buy that in any mean (short of taking over somebody's account) until much later.
    taking your time to grind at your own pace is still ridiculous. it could take a very long time for people who aren't on often. because that is how it used to be, does that make it better somehow? back when I was a kid we had to wear cardboard shoes and walk to school 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! LMAO. This is not a fun thing they've put into the game. it's work. and it's work you're paying them for doing.

tell me this, you think this is fun? You think this is enjoyable and a good way to spend time?

Comparing with all the stuff I have done in this game (recently such as Bel, such as insurgency), this is not bad for me. As I said, I do that in relax mode. It is indifferent comparing with doing other quests. I just do the regular quests and get the favor along the way. No, if I am just getting favor and nothing else, no, it is not. You may not believe it. I actually enjoy it. If I don't enjoy it, I would not do it at all (such as RQ). I don't work for a game.

I plan to do one more toon too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2020

adinosii said:

IMO,

taking your time to grind at your own pace is still ridiculous. it could take a very long time for people who aren't on often. because that is how it used to be, does that make it better somehow? back when I was a kid we had to wear cardboard shoes and walk to school 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! LMAO. This is not a fun thing they've put into the game. it's work. and it's work you're paying them for doing.

Comparing with all the stuff I have done in this game (recently such as Bel, such as insurgency), this is not bad for me. As I said, I do that in relax mode. It is indifferent comparing with doing other quests. I just do the regular quests and get the favor along the way. No, if I am just getting favor and nothing else, no, it is not. You may not believe it. I actually enjoy it. If I don't enjoy it, I would not do it at all (such as RQ). I don't work for a game.

I never suggested that it wouldn't work for anyone ever. but do you see the possibility, that maybe for others, they might have a different (and justified stance) on the matter. I've known more than one person who walked away after this was introduced. it concerns me. I don't want my friends to walk away.

do you agree that's problematic? I'm getting the I can do it so everyone else should be fine with it, vibe from you here.

and that's great that you're having a good time with it! bravo. but can you see that maybe for the average person who has less time to spend in the game that it's not doable even with infinite time? I mean, do you really think it's fair to ask money and to make it a grind where for some people it's all they'd have time to do in game and even then not be able to finish in a reasonable amount of time?

I can do this personally. I have all the time in the world. I'm not thrilled with it but I can do it. but I know many people who only have a few hours a week who want the race. I personally want them to stick around and not leave in disgust.
    edited August 2020

adinosii said:

IMO,

I never suggested that it wouldn't work for anyone ever. but do you see the possibility that maybe for others they might have a different (and justified stance) on the matter. I've known more than one person who walked away after this was introduced. it concerns me. I don't want my friends to walk away.
    People walked away for many reasons. People stay also for many reasons. Most people I know already walked away for a long time. They did not leave because of the grinding which they did not have problem with. Can the game do something better? Sure but I can't control Cryptic, I can't control people's will/feeling/justification/etc. I can only control myself and express my personal opinion which more or less means nothing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

adinosii said:

IMO,

Where is the BIS? One might argue the ring, but we have rings with Mog, Gary, and ToMM and who knows what else when hunts are unlocked. Companion gear has been available to get for a year now from M17. The companions are a bit meh from what I can tell and the rest is just cosmetic. All I see are horizontal progression stuff or just more options. Sure the race may be comparable to DB with the added benefit of being able to have helms and not be ugly, but it's also cheaper (not including the charity packs).
    the new race. the new race is locked behind zen and a massive grind and there is no other option to get it.
    As I said before, it is cheaper than what Dragonborn were sold for, which is the only comparable race. A lot would say that DB have better stats, so would technically be BiS, not Aasimar.

adinosii said:

IMO,

I never suggested that it wouldn't work for anyone ever. but do you see the possibility, that maybe for others, they might have a different (and justified stance) on the matter. I've known more than one person who walked away after this was introduced. it concerns me. I don't want my friends to walk away.

do you agree that's problematic? I'm getting the I can do it so everyone else should be fine with it, vibe from you here.

and that's great that you're having a good time with it! bravo. but can you see that maybe for the average person who has less time to spend in the game that it's not doable even with infinite time? I mean, do you really think it's fair to ask money and to make it a grind where for some people it's all they'd have time to do in game and even then not be able to finish in a reasonable amount of time?

I can do this personally. I have all the time in the world. I'm not thrilled with it but I can do it. but I know many people who only have a few hours a week who want the race. I personally want them to stick around and not leave in disgust.
    If they are wanting the race, they don't have any time constraints though, so saying they only have a few hours a week is not a valid reason for not liking the system.

As far as grinds go, it's really not that bad. It's a lot better than RNG loot drops like with the M17 expeditions or hunts in M12-14, where someone could farm the content for a year and not get the drops. That is just with this game...most other mmo games have far worse grinds.
    edited August 2020
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

adinosii said:

IMO,

As I said before, it is cheaper than what Dragonborn were sold for, which is the only comparable race. A lot would say that DB have better stats, so would technically be BiS, not Aasimar.
    it is not cheaper if you value your time. it is actually substantially more expensive with time factored in. dragonborn will be bis for some but not all. and being able to play as something other than db automatically makes it bis.

arazith07 said:

adinosii said:

IMO,

If they are wanting the race, they don't have any time constraints though, so saying they only have a few hours a week is not a valid reason for not liking the system.

As far as grinds go, it's really not that bad. It's a lot better than RNG loot drops like with the M17 expeditions or hunts in M12-14, where someone could farm the content for a year and not get the drops. That is just with this game...most other mmo games have far worse grinds.
    what? if you don't want the race you don't have time constraints?

that doesn't' make sense. you can want the race, but only be able to play for an hour or two a week. it might take more than a year for that and there isn't even any guarantee this game will still be alive that long. I disagree with the other statements about the grind not being as bad. you didn't need the things for either of those hunts. there was no bis item that could only be gained that way that would significantly change your game play experience as the race can do. getting a nice ring is hardly game changing.

the issue here is that 1. you have to pay for it. it isn't a free thing that you get just by grinding like all the other things you mentioned are. 2 the grind really is the worst thing we've ever seen in this game for something that there is no other way to get.

there really are people that are tied behind factors like family and work and even disabilities that make this not something they can do.

adinosii said:

IMO,

I never suggested that it wouldn't work for anyone ever. but do you see the possibility that maybe for others they might have a different (and justified stance) on the matter. I've known more than one person who walked away after this was introduced. it concerns me. I don't want my friends to walk away.
    People walked away for many reasons. People stay also for many reasons. Most people I know already walked away for a long time. They did not leave because of the grinding which they did not have problem with. Can the game do something better? Sure but I can't control Cryptic, I can't control people's will/feeling/justification/etc. I can only control myself and express my personal opinion which more or less means nothing.

all I was trying to get across was saying that it isn't a problem for you therefore it should not be a problem for anyone else doesn't work. no we can't control what happens but we can get across what the feelings are on it. if it's not enjoyable why would we say well we can do it so it's ok? why would we not say, it would be better if... I mean if you would honestly rather grind 1000 bhes than do dungeons more power to you, but why is it bad to ask for all xp gaining things to count for it?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    If you only want the race better wait and purchase the race only in the zen store when it is available.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

adinosii said:

IMO,

it is not cheaper if you value your time. it is actually substantially more expensive with time factored in. dragonborn will be bis for some but not all. and being able to play as something other than db automatically makes it bis.

BIS means Best in Slot, not pretty in slot. Just because there is a cosmetic difference, doesn't mean it has any value to min/maxers.

arazith07 said:

adinosii said:

IMO,

what? if you don't want the race you don't have time constraints?

that doesn't' make sense. you can want the race, but only be able to play for an hour or two a week. it might take more than a year for that and there isn't even any guarantee this game will still be alive that long. I disagree with the other statements about the grind not being as bad. you didn't need the things for either of those hunts. there was no bis item that could only be gained that way that would significantly change your game play experience as the race can do. getting a nice ring is hardly game changing.

the issue here is that 1. you have to pay for it. it isn't a free thing that you get just by grinding like all the other things you mentioned are. 2 the grind really is the worst thing we've ever seen in this game for something that there is no other way to get.

there really are people that are tied behind factors like family and work and even disabilities that make this not something they can do.
    Please reread, I said if you want the race, you don't have the time constraints.

What ifs about the game being around for a year aren't based on any facts. Just from the roadmap alone, we know that they plan to keep this game alive and well. They are working on major changes to help teach newer players how to play the game better and transition better into ToMM type content via Project Ascension. They are taking time to get feedback from players for future content that we will start to see the results of in Mods 20 and 21+. Why would they put in all this effort if they don't plan to be around for a long time? The price of the blessings is so you don't have to feel rushed to get the rewards, you are essentially buying time so you can get the rewards in a pace more suitable with a busy life.

This is a thread where the topic is that this event is not p2w, usually p2w means that you can buy BIS equipment, and the only way you can get it is buy paying. Ignoring the fact that players can exchange AD for Zen and not pay any real life currency for this, the items that are locked behind the blessings are not crucial for anyone to get, that doesn't have some other alternate you can get from some other aspect of the game. Most things are even just cosmetic, even the race is mostly cosmetic and honestly not that much better than standard races.

You seem to have forgotten the grind of MEs players have had to run to try and get the full Alabaster set so they might try and get to LoMM in M16, players would literally have to grind runic encounters and MEs for months just to complete the set. Even running all 3 a day, everyday, for several months some players still wouldn't get the drop they needed.

I'm not saying that you can't be angry about how the event is run, by all means provide that feedback in the feedback section in a constructive way.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    arazith07 said:

Where is the BIS?

• The Gold ring is BiS for most DPSers - it has the same bonus as an existing ring, but is IL 1100 instead of IL 1010, so slight stat boost. It also swaps Crit and AP, so it gives people more build options. Other rings may be suitable for other roles.
    • The pants are BiS for many builds - not all of them though.
    • The Legendary insignia may be BiS for many, but they are not new.
    • The companion gear has nice, high stats, but because of the Off/Def combo, they are not just a simple replacement for existing gear, and switching to them may require a bit of rethinking, but if you can use them, they give higher stats than any other companion gear pieces.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited August 2020

adinosii said:

IMO,

all I was trying to get across was saying that it isn't a problem for you therefore it should not be a problem for anyone else doesn't work. no we can't control what happens but we can get across what the feelings are on it. if it's not enjoyable why would we say well we can do it so it's ok? why would we not say, it would be better if... I mean if you would honestly rather grind 1000 bhes than do dungeons more power to you, but why is it bad to ask for all xp gaining things to count for it?
    When did I say something which is okay for me it would be okay for anyone other than me? You asked me if I enjoy it. I gave you my personal answer which has nothing to do with another person. Did I say what you suggested is bad? Please re-read what I said and don't add your words to mine.

My personal simple rule (that others do not need to agree): if I enjoy it, it is not waste of time. If I don't enjoy it, regardless how little time it is, it is waste of time. So, grinding is not waste of time, as long as I enjoy it. That is also why (in another thread) I said I don't do BHE chasing anymore (because I don't enjoy it) but instead take a slower/inefficient relax route to get favor slowly.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Well, thanks everyone. This was helpful. Wasn't sure if I wanted to throw time and money at this one, but it sounds like a pain. Guess I'll pass - only, is there any kind of narrative worth mentioning?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Just from the roadmap alone, we know that they plan to keep this game alive and well.

Flawless naivete. DMC at hand lol

Do you also believe in Easter Bunny? Everything said in Q/As?

"Alive and well". Alive, maybe. Zombified. With constant lags, server breakdowns, extreme amount of bugs, rushed out things. A broken shell of what it used to be prior to M6 and M16. Let's not fool ourselves here with notions that Neverwinter is decent, let alone perfect. Lots of my friends stopped playing. Lots of things are downright boring.

Hunts that should be the most fun thing in the game (like the Barovian one were) are hidden behind horrible RNG upon a horrible RNG for a horrible RNG and a time-gate for components that won't be relevant till December.

Yeah, really nice stuff going on right now. Save your preaching for those that care. Game is in a coma. Alive, yes, but in comatose state.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2020

Well, thanks everyone. This was helpful. Wasn't sure if I wanted to throw time and money at this one, but it sounds like a pain. Guess I'll pass - only, is there any kind of narrative worth mentioning?

Eh, people are being dramatic. Definitely agree that it is pay to win, since there are critical items such as a BiS ring & companion gear behind a paywall. Using rainers tool to rebuild myself with 2 items from it, made it so I could boost my dps % from 800->1100%, so not just a subtle benefit. You aren't required to grind if you buy it out, you only need 28k to complete it (28k on milestone 4 = all 4 tiers and all rewards). If you don't and you want the weapons, you are going to have to grind all 112k favors to get them. That is easily achievable in about 4 weeks with only 3 hours spent playing per week.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    It's funny to read such threads/comments, this game is no p2w.

It's like person sitting in corner and repeating same sentence over and over and try convince himself that game is not pay2win.

If you think it's not pay2win, then don't talk about it at all. More you try convince that game is not pay2win, more looks that it's indeed pay2win.

Also no need try convice community, everyone have own opinions, if some think it's pay2win, well then so be it.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    @hadestemplar - I think people are afraid to say that their game is no longer Free-to-play. It's not just in this game, most games. For the past 10-15 years just about every game out there was F2P P2W... It's breaking out of the stereotype that people have gotten used to. I don't think it's a bad thing. A lot of other games are moving away from F2P as well. It was a gimmick for cheap games to make $$$, but most people have stopped buying lock box RNG in most games. It doesn't sell, it causes everything game wise to be cheap & short sited, some countries are pushing legislation against it.
    -On a positive side, there's been lots of improvement since the start of the Summer (Leg mount pack). We have got road maps w/ updates (aka organization), they have stopped internal leaks that used to hijack the AH in advance of major changes (now everyone finds out at the same time), the bug list is starting to see improvement vs recycling old bugs & having PC be the beta test for Xbox/PS, and other improvements.
    -I have to change my assessment, previously I said P2W, that would be incorrect. You won't win simply by paying, you are still required to grind, but the last 6 months has made the game look as though it will be P2P end-game content & F2P old content. As long as the content improves, I think it is an good trade off.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Obviously, every game with a staff needs to generate cash. This can be done by subscription or through optional purchases. Optional purchases is what most games do today. This doesn't make the game pay-to-win by itself. First, you need to define "WIN". In most games, this means an advantage that is sought after, that can only be attained with cash. To avoid, 'pay-to-win' status, a game needs to avoid competitive advantage that can only be attained through money.

So... what services and items could be available in a not 'pay-to-win' game?

1) Time. Money can buy character development time boosts of all kinds.
    2) Luxuries. Skins, emotes, and other cosmetics.
    3) Convenience. Portals and menus. (in a way this is time too).

Neverwinter is a tiny bit 'pay to win', because only money can grant the following:
    VIP 2,000 health, (this can be gotten through AD to zen exchange though) so really its not cash exclusive.

That is the only thing I can think of. All items and services can be purchased by gameplay and by farming AD via gameplay. Overall, Neverwinter scores EXCELLENT in this catagory in comparison to other MMOs.

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited September 2020

@hadestemplar - I think people are afraid to say that their game is no longer Free-to-play. It's not just in this game, most games. For the past 10-15 years just about every game out there was F2P P2W... It's breaking out of the stereotype that people have gotten used to. I don't think it's a bad thing. A lot of other games are moving away from F2P as well. It was a gimmick for cheap games to make $$$, but most people have stopped buying lock box RNG in most games. It doesn't sell, it causes everything game wise to be cheap & short sited, some countries are pushing legislation against it.
    -On a positive side, there's been lots of improvement since the start of the Summer (Leg mount pack). We have got road maps w/ updates (aka organization), they have stopped internal leaks that used to hijack the AH in advance of major changes (now everyone finds out at the same time), the bug list is starting to see improvement vs recycling old bugs & having PC be the beta test for Xbox/PS, and other improvements.
    -I have to change my assessment, previously I said P2W, that would be incorrect. You won't win simply by paying, you are still required to grind, but the last 6 months has made the game look as though it will be P2P end-game content & F2P old content. As long as the content improves, I think it is an good trade off.

Also, you say that lot of other games are breaking away from Free2Play model. Are you sure about that?

Let me explain you reason why Free2Play become so popular in first place.

The thing is competition in mmo industry become more and more fierce, it's become harder and harder to gather and keep high populations in these games. Each new released mmo means new competition to previously released games. And players would definaltly want to try new game.. Thats mean every lost players subscrition = lost incomes.

Other thing is private servers. As example lets take game Lineage 2, developed and published by NCsoft( korean company).
    They where pay2play for loong time, but they where forced to adopt F2P model, cuz there where literally thousands of private servers at that time.
    Even if NCsoft manage to close like 50 servers per year, at least 70 new appear in same year. They close x server, we take playerbase, migrate to other host, release server under different name and all start over again, and most player there didn't notice anything.

So as you realize, company where losing lot of money and these private server do not dissapear.
    Eventually NCsoft got in crossroad, either go Free2Play or close game.

So they went free2play, but on top of that they even licensed largest private server at that time. I mean it become official server as third party publisher. And they could keep operational as long they paid for license.

With that move, most private servers lost meaning and simply where closed.

As long there is pay2play game, and if it's successfull, then without doubts you will find private server for that game.
    Only I know one game whos manage to avoid private servers and keep pay2play model for long time is EVE online.

The game is simply too massive for private servers. 5k players in that game would be like ~50 players in neverwinter.

There are files server, tools and even guides, but as far I know no one bothered to release private server.

As for rest mmo games pay2play = profit for private servers.

There are only few cases when private server remain operational when official server is free2play.. Thats only when official server literally doing something wrong .

As example lets take ArchAge. It was published by Trion World. However due greed and probably other reasons, they make game more less wallet benchmarking tool.
    This lead to creation and opening of private server under name ArchRage. And by playerbase and popularity it easily rivaled official server.

Then Publisher Gamigo INC bought Trion World, and renew Archage License with (XL Games: Archage development studio).
    They decide to release new version of ArchAge, the remastered(visually and sound and etc.) Under name ArcheAge: Unchained.
    And on top Invited large playerbase as beta testers to assit for balancing cash shop.

The reason why did that, is simply they want to remove reason to keep private server operational and in same moment keep most incomes for themself. :)
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================