test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More trade bars are needed if you're going to be going to this whole Scrolls of mass life stuff

With this whole new pay to stay alive concept you're adopting you guys really need to add more trade bars to the lock boxes guaranteed when you're opening them on top of the other Rewards right now on Xbox the green Scrolls of life are going for 25000 ad a and with the new lock boxes you ain't guarantee getting trade bars and actually in a week I haven't got any trade bars from the lock boxes using my VIP

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    its probably a learn to play issue. lol
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    The OP is correct in that they are giving less TB in the lock boxes now and because of recent healing changes people are bunring through more scrolls/stones especially if you are not yet at or near end game level. Laughing and making fun of the OP is just mean and immature.

All that being said, it is no accident as Cryptic has to make money and as they have made some changes over the last few years that make it easier to certain things in the game without spending as much AD/Zen they also have to make up for it somewhere else. By creating a need for people to use more healing stones and life scrolls they are creating new revenue streams. Sadly, they have to do this to stay in business esp as the game is free.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    why not open older lockboxes containing more trade bars / tradebar jackpots just saying ..

more tradebars drops are needed in newer lockboxes great i agree .. but knowing the terrible new boxes odds.. its on the player to decide what version of the lockbox he is gambling with for trade bars that he/she wants / needs
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

why not open older lockboxes containing more trade bars / tradebar jackpots just saying ..

more tradebars drops are needed in newer lockboxes great i agree .. but knowing the terrible new boxes odds.. its on the player to decide what version of the lockbox he is gambling with for trade bars that he/she wants / needs

Jackpots should be doubled 20 - 200 tradebars, since the base amount per box was doubled, and the jackpot was always underwhelming anyway.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    i'm probably going to open 20 to 50 of the new boxes then going back to the other for the rest of my keys unless i'm proven wrong by the new box. being able to get 3 gem stones as your only reward plus 3 tb isn't worth opening modern boxes. depending on your platform which boxes are best, other boxes from the old days when boxes were within boxes are still best.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    waxy#1523 said:

But one of the things I noticed is the Nerf the healing extremely bad incoming outgoing all around the healing got nerve but yet they still have boss mechanics that will completely one shot you if you cannot heal somebody back up to full health they shouldn't be able to one shot a person

what level are you and what are you doing? it sounds like you need some better gear. if you upload some screenshots maybe we can help. same with your build. what class is your toon?
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If you need more trade bars buy more lockbox keys. This is not rocket science.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Increasing the trade bar would ruin too many other economies. (IE enchantments, companions, and many others would plummet.) Currently at 20k, they aren't really that unreasonable. I actually expected them to be much higher in price, at one point they were 40k each. If you only use them in top end trials (Zariel, TIC) the loots generally out reward the cost... if you and your group are on par for the dungeon, and you won't waste them as fast.

There are alternatives out there as well. Eye of lathander (Artifact) can res 80% hp. Tears of Bahamut are extremely cheap...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    1. I don't understand why scroll of mass life has to be used. Death is an option. Wiped is an option. Fail is also an option.
    2. Is one actually successful running an dungeon if the scroll of life is a must have to get through?
    3. I am not against getting more t-bar but "if" scroll of life is a must have, the solution should not be getting more t-bar but easier/cheaper to get scroll of life.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    @plastic, I agree with 1,2, and especially #3. On #3, I have always thought there should be a mid dungeon (at about the 30 minute point) that gives (character bound) scrolls/foods/other dungeon consumables each run for the first month a dungeon is available (then no longer after that), just to encourage more players to run the dungeon. Right now, most players wait until a dungeon is 3-4 months old so they don't waste scrolls, watermelon, prime rib etc. just to fail. At least if there was a mini prize mid-point, more people would try the content when it was new.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Haven't bought/used a scroll of life pretty much at all throughout my time playing nw : P Typically deaths are a result of a player not knowing mechanics or half-azzing mechanics if they're actually dying then maybe they'll learn.