test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wings mount

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
Basically, what I'd like to know is how will those wings drop and where do we get them? This is not specified, it is not clear, it is not even a thing described by anyone, yet it is in the collections page. I've waited for over a month for some sort of a clarification, but there is no clarification by anyone on the forums, reddit, twitter, nowhere.

Can we, for once, get some straightforward information?

I really wouldn't like for it to be a reward for doing 4 x top 100 favor zariel hunting, or if it is I'd like to know this in advance so that I know will I be wasting my time doing in order to get them, or wasting my time doing that in order not to get them?

Currently, we know nothing about wings nor how we can obtain them. Please shed some light on this.
Thanks
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Comments

• eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    The dev's basically said "sorry we cant disclose that at this time." Not the answer you want but that's what we were told when they were asked numerous times.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    All we are given is that it's tied to a future milestone.
  • kranky#1106 kranky Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    considering that they just basically said to be able to use the new artifact set you either need to be in top 100 or pay zen for the artifact piece of the set do not be surprised if you gonna need some zen for that. looks like cryptic trying to milk as much out of this event as humanly possible.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Any sort of info would be appreciated because many people are farming for the sake of Zariel's Favors and a chance to win the wings. That's all there is to it. Although it was said that winged mounts will be available sometime in the future, it is still unknown how the mount will be obtained. If it's not via Milestone and entering top 100, that'd save a lot of time to many people with some simple info, no?

If it was told specifically that we can get the mount by being top 100 each 4 times, then people would consider (not)doing it and maybe getting ZEN instead and actually playing content they like.

Bragging rights aside, really no reason to do something if it turns out that there are no Wings involved.

And that's a fashion item at best even though it's a mount...
    True Neutral
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Could be that it is still in the development/non final stage of how to obtain the Wings mount? If they say something now or confirm, they would be obligated to it? If they leave it to "future milestone" that give them a lot of room to adjust. My guess is the current Wings mount will be for the top 100 and a variant version of it on the zen store, similar to the Vorpal and Artifact.

arazith07 said:

Any sort of info would be appreciated because many people are farming for the sake of Zariel's Favors and a chance to win the wings. That's all there is to it. Although it was said that winged mounts will be available sometime in the future, it is still unknown how the mount will be obtained. If it's not via Milestone and entering top 100, that'd save a lot of time to many people with some simple info, no?

If it was told specifically that we can get the mount by being top 100 each 4 times, then people would consider (not)doing it and maybe getting ZEN instead and actually playing content they like.

Bragging rights aside, really no reason to do something if it turns out that there are no Wings involved.

And that's a fashion item at best even though it's a mount...
    Will it save people time to tell us now? No, not really. They announce what the top 100 rewards are ahead of time Milestone 2 for example is the alternate artifact animation. You can only hold 20k Favors at any time before you have to spend them, so it's not like you can save up a lot in case they are a ZF store item. For all we know, it could be a drop from Zariel's Challenge, Storymode, or the final hunt boss, Nightspine.

I my opinion though, since there is only one version of the wings, it won't be a top 100 milestone reward.

Flying mounts won't be a part of the game, they have already said that in order to have mounts that fly, they would have to redo every map to support it.
    nic1985 said:

Could be that it is still in the development/non final stage of how to obtain the Wings mount? If they say something now or confirm, they would be obligated to it? If they leave it to "future milestone" that give them a lot of room to adjust. My guess is the current Wings mount will be for the top 100 and a variant version of it on the zen store, similar to the Vorpal and Artifact.

Not really, as you can already preview the animation and various Angels are using them (including Zariel).

This started because developers saw potential in Winged mounts as people responded super-positively about them.

Clerics (and some Hunters) had the ability for their Wings to be animated (sort of like a sublime flapping animation). This was fixed, but the option to have wings was in development ever since (or so it seems).

There is a very small chance that it is still under development, but it'd be a placeholder in that case and probably only on Preview server, not on Live server.

Mistakes do happen, however, but I doubt that this is a mistake. I do think that, in the fashion of previous updates, there was simply not enough time to fully explain wings among other things, yet wings are the most desired item in MOD19 for many people.
    True Neutral
    arazith07 said:

Will it save people time to tell us now? No, not really. They announce what the top 100 rewards are ahead of time Milestone 2 for example is the alternate artifact animation. You can only hold 20k Favors at any time before you have to spend them, so it's not like you can save up a lot in case they are a ZF store item. For all we know, it could be a drop from Zariel's Challenge, Storymode, or the final hunt boss, Nightspine.

I my opinion though, since there is only one version of the wings, it won't be a top 100 milestone reward.

Flying mounts won't be a part of the game, they have already said that in order to have mounts that fly, they would have to redo every map to support it.

What? How would it not save us? lol Of course it'd save a lot of time, that's the whole point??? If it is a hunt, I wouldn't try to enter TOP 100 grindfest four times in a row. That's 6 more weeks of GRINDFEST. And that's a lot of time in my opinion for what eventually might be nothing. Ergo, this topic exists.

~------------------------------------------------------~

What my friend told me is that Wings have an alternate fashion later in the ZEN store and this was probably confirmed either in Q/A or on Reddit, idk exactly, meaning that it is most likely that Wings are a reward for being in TOP 100 x 4.

- Zariel's Challenge doesn't drop them. Could change, but so far wasn't the case.
    - A Legendary mount from Zariel Story Mode? I don't see it simply because that'd make original Zariel's Challenge worthless to run.
    - A Final Hunt Boss dropping Wings? That, in fact, would be super awesome, as it'd increase the price of the said Hunt Lure easily to several mil AD that ppl would trade. But, more than that, it'd bring some love back into the hunts.

Hunts are always good when they are made nicely. This time, as a longtime hunter, hunts were a total miss. Locked behind a time/content gate, locked components, locked everything. Really useless and I believe it'll be like that up till December, which is even more useless.

Wings are, in fact, a mount. IDK why you'd bring up that you can't use them to fly around, this was never implied to any extent? You got confused? : >

Though, I wish for Wings that are animated as a piece of fashion. Recent fashion options (rats from boots) I see as devs testing out how it affects ppl and whether there is in fact a market for such Fashion items.
    True Neutral

arazith07 said:

What? How would it not save us? lol Of course it'd save a lot of time, that's the whole point??? If it is a hunt, I wouldn't try to enter TOP 100 grindfest four times in a row. That's 6 more weeks of GRINDFEST. And that's a lot of time in my opinion for what eventually might be nothing. Ergo, this topic exists.

~------------------------------------------------------~

What my friend told me is that Wings have an alternate fashion later in the ZEN store and this was probably confirmed either in Q/A or on Reddit, idk exactly, meaning that it is most likely that Wings are a reward for being in TOP 100 x 4.

- Zariel's Challenge doesn't drop them. Could change, but so far wasn't the case.
    - A Legendary mount from Zariel Story Mode? I don't see it simply because that'd make original Zariel's Challenge worthless to run.
    - A Final Hunt Boss dropping Wings? That, in fact, would be super awesome, as it'd increase the price of the said Hunt Lure easily to several mil AD that ppl would trade. But, more than that, it'd bring some love back into the hunts.

Hunts are always good when they are made nicely. This time, as a longtime hunter, hunts were a total miss. Locked behind a time/content gate, locked components, locked everything. Really useless and I believe it'll be like that up till December, which is even more useless.

Wings are, in fact, a mount. IDK why you'd bring up that you can't use them to fly around, this was never implied to any extent? You got confused? : >

Though, I wish for Wings that are animated as a piece of fashion. Recent fashion options (rats from boots) I see as devs testing out how it affects ppl and whether there is in fact a market for such Fashion items.
    The rewards for the top 100 are announced before the milestone begins...if you don't want the reward, you don't grind, thus time is saved. I stated this in my earlier post. There is no reward for being top 100 for all 4, that just doesn't make any sense, where is the source?

Your should provide a source for the alternate fashion for the celestial wings or it's just rumor. Or maybe he was talking about the animated Devil wings that was said to come out as a fashion zen item later.

We simply don't know the reward list from Zariel's Challenge Storymode and likely won't until either Sept 15th or whenever we complete server progress for Milestone 2.

I likely misunderstood what you said earlier when you said "Although it was said that winged mounts will be available sometime in the future" as flying mounts, as we already have mounts with wings in the game.

edited September 2020
    Yeah, I don't think that you are following me on this.

This topic wasn't meant to be a Discussion based topic so that we discuss what the Mount will be or how the Developers think about things. That's beyond us.

This topic started so that those that know how to obtain the mount can give an answer to those that need such an answer. Nothing else.

I don't find it particularly helpful to tell me that Developers needn't tell such a thing, because I've concluded that they do in order that we avoid rumours. and have things sorted out so that we can also plan ahead how we are going to spend our time in the game. In Neverwinter, a big chunk of gameplay revolves around planning ahead, which is why we have a calendar as an integral part of the game, and we can plan things out with our friends in response to their free time.
    We use Discord, we create parties, we plan these things out. Which is why I hope that you can understand just how frustrating it is not to have a clear explanation nor answer as to how the Winged mount is obtained.
    This isn't exclusive only to the Winged mount, as it affects Hunts as well. Heavily RNG-ed tier 1 drops from Avernus hunts are not even in the collections page. They appear in it only once you've obtained the item itself. And only the item appears. That's it.
    Items from the hunts are not appearing in the Collections page even though they should as this was the practice since the inception of Hunts. How do we sort out what we are hunting and what sort of drops there are? Relying on rumours? Because that is what is happening right now.

We need to know what we are hunting to begin with. Although some people might create detailed lists and how to farm things out, this is something that developers should explain first and foremost via the collections page. And this should be clear. That is the whole point of the collections page so that we see where we can obtain the said item before venturing forward. This is important because of what?

So that we DON'T LOSE TIME doing something we could've easily avoided.

Thanks to a myriad of false information, and misleading descriptions, and things that happened throughout the entire history of Neverwinter Online, I find that repeating same mistake over and over again not particularly alluring to any extent, as these things should not happen, especially when there is heavy RNG involved. Or, if it is intended to be a fun project, that it is explicitly said that it is up to the played to figure out such a thing (like it was done with Watchers).

You see, these things have to follow a particular pattern and explanation that could very well fit into anything between two to ten sentences in a blog or something like that.

Heck, even a reddit post would suffice.

"There is no reward for being top 100 for all 4, that just doesn't make any sense"

Why would it not make any sense? Because the information wasn't given to you directly? How many people you know that knew to open the Collections page and actually see the Mount being there? How many people actually cared enough to check the "Show by Location" in their collections page?
    You know, there were people that obtained various items as a special "thank you".

"We simply don't know the reward list from Zariel's Challenge Storymode and likely won't until either Sept 15th or whenever we complete server progress for Milestone 2."

Why are you so keen on propagating this? It is not like we don't have ANY information, we just want it explained properly so that we figure out whether it pays off to go for Zariel Favo(u)r competition for top 100 or not. How can this be a problem for you? XD

In fact, what you preach makes no sense. The reason why Wings dropping in a Dungeon make no sense is as follows:

a) It is a legendary mount!
    b) Zariel' Story Mode challenge is easier than normal mode. To get a better reward in Story Mode would be like the whole RTX2080 vs new 30xx series. In other words, a huge slap to the face.
    c) Not once in the history of Neverwinter were you able to get legendary mount via a regular chest. If that was the case everyone would play only that and nothing else, at all.
    d) All Legendary/Epic mounts were bound to Events. At best, you'd get a few epic mounts sometimes from a chest or two. But this practice wasn't really prominent before a few mods ago, and the chance is still rather low.
    e) It is a 5 star item in the collections page.
    f) Upon the inspection, Celestial Wings drop from the "Redeemed Citadel" which is a special one time event with server-wide competition in the new zone, restricted to Avernus.
    g) Due to the severity of the drop, it is safe to assume that it is a special reward for people that were top 100 x4 times. it wouldn't be fair to everyone not to have such information available, but then again this whole event isn't made for everyone to compete in it, so there's that.
    h) Hunt items drop in "Antiquities of Avernus" and it is stated on my Balor Bracers "You can find this in Avernus Adventure Zone", which translates to a free-roam map. Celestial Wings drop from "Redeemed Citadel", meaning that they are completely bound to the said event.

That is just from the top of my head, and I'm sure I could find 20+ more reasons why Wings dropping in Zariel' Story Mode make no sense whatsoever.
    True Neutral
    All my musings are just musing, nothing that I am "preaching" and at this point it is a discussion thread because there is no official word on how to get it.

I don't know why you are demanding to know how to get something that has been teased for a few months now. When directly asked, Chris Whiteside said that where and how to get the wings will be revealed in a future milestone. Rewards in general out of dungeons are being reworked, it wouldn't surprise me if a rare drop out of certain dungeons could be legendary mounts now that Mythic is the top tier. It could simply be a whole new system that gets unlocked and that is how we earn it...we simply don't know and trying to DEMAND to know how to get it isn't going to have them reveal it any faster if they decided to keep things under wraps.

As far as the 4x top 100, that is just way to much of an ask for players to try and achieve, only players who are unemployed with no school or have taken a (4) 2 week vacations just to play the game even have a chance at competing for those prizes, the most we are going to see are variants from items you can get in the zen store. So far those zen store items are only 1000 Zen. Your fixation on the fact that there HAS to be a reward for that is just based in hope or maybe a HAMSTER's hope. If they have it built like that in order to get the wings, there would be a MASSIVE riot from the players.
    Again, you are simply projecting things that only you deem to be correct as if that's the only way to see them in the game.

Nobody asks you to compete in the trial for being Top 100. But this is the one-time Campaign that revolves around people competing in Being TOP 100.

This Campaign is a one-time only as said in the blog. After that it will disappear from the Collections page. Those that have purchased ZEN pack will be able to obtain items on their own pace and ZEN pack ends on 15th of September (2 days from now).

So, it is a limited time event with a limited time to complete something.

The reason why Wings might be a reward for those that have completed the Milestone 1, 2,3 and 4 earning TOP 100 status in a row is rather simple. It is a legendary mount from a one-time only campaign that has an alternate fashion later on added to ZEN. That itself is the biggest hint that it is a reward for being among the TOP 100 people.

What's the next hint? Aasimar race.

To unlock them, you need to unlock Milestone 1, 2, 3 and 4 which reflect the Redeemed Citadel events which happen periodically. This is much akin to the previous Hell Pit event which also gave a Legendary mount. however, things were rather clear in that scenario.

My Divine Vorpal, rank 9 was sent to my mail by Zariel. Are you familiar with the trope "Giving you wings" or "Earning your wings". There are several movies, TV shows and cartoons reflecting this in pop culture. Interestingly enough, Cryptic's been upping their Fashion/appearance game quite a bit, much to the joy of many of my friends. Little, intricate details such as the fashion item that corresponds directly to the boss/hunt type. I notice it. My friends notice it. It is nice. We like that. We like to see some love put in the game like that.

Another logic I'd like to stress out is that you have to finish four milestones in order to unlock a new race. If unlocking a new race has to go through four milestones, then why not Legendary Mount being unlocked after being top 100 4 times in a row?

This whole thing revolves around completing something Four Times. I do not see any reason why Wings, which are the best item to obtain from the whole Redeemed Citadel temporary Campaign IMO, will be purchasable for a mere 20.000 Favo(u)rs that any newbie can purchase without even trying.

People will Unlock Aasimar race. I have friends that will do it. Why? Just to have more options for fashion. It is that easy.
    Some people will go out of their way to get the new Race for their Paladins due to their love towards the older NWN 2 or similar DnD affection they harbour.

However, you are preaching here and want to discuss how it is stupid to hold onto rumours and how developers shouldn't explain how to obtain the wings. So, which one is it? either Developers give straightforward answers, or people spread rumours. You want to be in-between, fine by me. But you can't blame me for either trying to find the answer or making a hypothesis based on the subtle hints I've seen.

So, practically speaking, you're doing nothing at all to help in this topic. You have to ask yourself, to whom are you trying to help here? Clearly, not me. If anything, it is obvious that you are against this event.

"People with no life will win it" - Well, thanks for that. : > Very helpful.

You can still get all the items for ZEN, albeit in a slightly different fashion/animation. In fact, you will get an alternate wing type from the ZEN store, too. And more Winged-type mounts will come in the future, I'm sure of that.

So I really do not see what you have against people that will farm this event and a one-time campaign? Why does this annoy you to that extent? In fact, why does it annoy you that I'm asking for some much needed clarification? Are you speaking for Developers? Instead of them? For the playerbase? I really do not see what you're on about. And I hope that you will realize this, too.
    True Neutral
    I never said I was against the event, please don't put words in my mouth (or fingers). I never said people with no life, I would never call people who are unemployed, not in school, or on vacation as having no life (again stop putting words in my mouth). I was just unsure why you think someone would even have the time to try and get in the top 100 all four times. I mean, if you want to, go ahead no one is stopping you, but for them to put this much hype into something that would only be available for the few who has effectively done the whole event roughly 50 times is absolutely ludicrous.

As far as clarity from the Devs, they literally have said they are not revealing how to get them at this time, that we will have to wait and see. Until we do hear from them it is just rumors and hypotheses.
    edited September 2020
    arazith07 said:

I never said I was against the event, please don't put words in my mouth (or fingers). I never said people with no life, I would never call people who are unemployed, not in school, or on vacation as having no life (again stop putting words in my mouth).

That is how you appear in this topic, and I still can't figure out what is it that you want to do in this topic? You are arguing that Developers won't reveal info even though you are not Developer.

Are you a developer? This topic is not a debate xD about whether someone will be top 100 each four milestones. There are people that will do that, and they have a full and complete right to spent their time in the game the way they see fit. Not my issue, not your issue. The end.

If, however, you're not a developer, then kindly stop stating the obvious that we don't have the information now. Let things flow towards some constructive solution. Look at this sentence:

"Will it save people time to tell us now? No, not really."

I bet you don't even know why you wrote that! You are projecting your own assumption who shall do what and why by using your own merits of what's ludicrous and what isn't, furthermore emitting some desire to be authority on the topic of how things will be obtained. It's at best a wholesome nothing said, nothing done.
    All other things revolving the TOP100/event/campaign are apparently ok, but being top 100 4 times in a row and get Celestial Wings for that is a big no-no. Did you get into TOP 100 by any chance? : >

It is a competition.

I'm here to try to ask the question when are we going to receive the answer, and you're constantly derailing the topic with unnecessary comments and some form of latent defeatism. It is completely fine to state/mention what you THINK about all of this, even though it isn't really helpful to any extent. But I can't answer why you do this, all I can do is tell you that this is something you need to figure out on your own.
    arazith07 said:

I was just unsure why you think someone would even have the time to try and get in the top 100 all four times. I mean, if you want to, go ahead no one is stopping you, but for them to put this much hype into something that would only be available for the few who has effectively done the whole event roughly 50 times is absolutely ludicrous.

No, you just don't like the idea that there'd be a one-time Legendary Mount prize for people that do put so much effort in farming, nor you like the plausibility that such a thing might happen. At least be honest. xD
    Why would a Legendary Mount be easy to obtain in Story Mode Zariel? xD

And it didn't really take much effort to get into TOP100 people. I'd complete a couple of hours each 3rd day with a group of friends. I played it very casually.
    arazith07 said:

As far as clarity from the Devs, they literally have said they are not revealing how to get them at this time, that we will have to wait and see. Until we do hear from them it is just rumors and hypotheses.

Well, here's the thing - I don't believe you. Can you show me the quote where Developer specifically stated, without any ambiguity whatsoever, that obtaining the Celestial Wings will not be explained nor discussed by any proxy at all?

From what I know, it is stated that it will be revealed in the future Milestones, which can mean

Milestone 2
    Milestone 3
    Milestone 4

~--------------------------------~

I find that you're projecting in the way you act on this topic. "Why are people farming this event to be top 100 four times". Respectfully, why do you care? What is it to you? : > I still don't understand why are you upset over the fact that people will do this.

"Why do people do anything"
    Sometimes there is no valid answer. Sometimes there's no need for a valid answer. Is this what you want to talk about? Because that's not what the topic is about. xD

Again, Topic is about How to Obtain Celestial Wings.

And for that there is a valid answer that's not down the line "We don't know".

Point of the topic IS NOT to talk about whether the limited Campaign makes sense for anyone to achieve and get into TOP100 each time either. For some people that might be the one thing to do and prove something to themselves (and maybe others). For others it might be a dare or a bet. For others (like myself) it might be a good chance to finally listen to those 40+ music albums I've been hoarding since 2016 and figure out which songs I like for my playlist.

As I stressed out in my previous post xD , and I will have to bold this out, you need to complete four milestones in order to obtain Aasimar race. So, I can't answer who or why would someone open Aasimar race or farm each 4 milestones to do so, but I can tell you that there are people that will go for 4 x top 100 hoping to get Celestial Wings, unless Developers state otherwise.

I'm here, and this topic is here, specifically for this part : "unless Developers state otherwise".

And people will do that just like people will be top 100 each time (or at least try to) since there is a chance to obtain Celestial Wings and all the hints suggest that to be the way. This is furthermore supported by a very clear sign that In case you miss your chance to be top 100 each time, then you will have ZEN option.
    True Neutral
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YdQMYNBMqo&t=2106s

At minute 34, Nova asks about how to obtain the mount, Chris says "You'll have to wait and see".

This almost literally means they won't tell us until they are ready to. We have to wait for them to release that info, be it via dev blog, or in the new features when we complete a milestone or however they decide to let us know.

The thing about competitions, prizes are announced beforehand. The prize is why people will grind...it just doesn't make sense to have people grind and announce the prize later. If it was, why isn't there two different versions of the wings in the collection tab?

I am not upset about anything, I just find it very unlikely that they would have a reward for being in the top 100 for all four times. Just a reminder that you were the one who brought up the top 100 stuff, if you don't want to talk about predictions or musings, why bring it up in the first place? You offered your opinion, then I offered mine. It's how forums threads or conversations in general work.
    "You'll have to wait and see"

That's as ambiguous as it can get. That's the definition of ambiguity right there.

"This almost literally means they won't tell us until they are ready to."
    Ok, then look from this perspective: This topic asks them if they are ready to tell us.

"The thing about competitions, prizes are announced beforehand."
    Not in this case scenario regarding Celestial Wings, obviously, ergo this very topic exists.

I don't know if I can explain this more plainly.
    True Neutral
    The answer to your question of are they ready to tell us is no, because they haven't told us yet. There is still a lot of Redeemed citadel that has yet to be announced. 3 doors left to unlock, one of which is the Celestial forge with a professions update.

"Not in this case scenario regarding Celestial Wings, obviously, ergo this very topic exists."
    We don't even know if the wings are part of a competition to be able to say that this isn't the case.
    arazith07 said:

The answer to your question of are they ready to tell us is no, because they haven't told us yet.

Here this again, lol.

Why are you persisting with your projections and thoughts about what Developers will or won't do? Unless you are a developer, you can't answer this. Can you acknowledge this? How do you not realize this is beyond me!
    You are not an authority nor can answer that, so you are not at all someone to be trusted with giving such information on the forum. At this point you are spamming, derailing and unnecessarily prolonging the topic by constantly repeating "We don't know". Give it a rest, please! : D
    arazith07 said:

We don't even know if the wings are part of a competition to be able to say that this isn't the case.

Well, let's just wait to find out, this is the topic meant for that. If you can stop spamming it for 5 minutes, that is. :p
    True Neutral

arazith07 said:

The answer to your question of are they ready to tell us is no, because they haven't told us yet.

Here this again, lol.

Why are you persisting with your projections and thoughts about what Developers will or won't do? Unless you are a developer, you can't answer this. Can you acknowledge this? How do you not realize this is beyond me!
    You are not an authority nor can answer that, so you are not at all someone to be trusted with giving such information on the forum. At this point you are spamming, derailing and unnecessarily prolonging the topic by constantly repeating "We don't know". Give it a rest, please! : D
    arazith07 said:

Well, let's just wait to find out, this is the topic meant for that. If you can stop spamming it for 5 minutes, that is. :p
    I'm sorry that you can't accept repeated word of what Developers have said and to just wait until they do release that information.

FYI if you don't want projections, then don't provide your own. That just opens things up for such discussions.
    arazith07 said:

I'm sorry that you can't accept repeated word of what Developers have said and to just wait until they do release that information.

FYI if you don't want projections, then don't provide your own. That just opens things up for such discussions.

Yeah, I think you just can't stop spamming... Which is why I'll end this bickering you dared to call " a discussion".

In the history of Neverwinter, and very well many MMORPG, when playerbase keeps asking about something it might very well turn into a reality within the game. All it takes is enough players asking for it and showing interest. In fact, the emergence of Celestial Wings happened due to the very reason people enjoyed Winged fashion so much.
    The reason for Forum is to open topics and hopefully it might turn a developer's eye. Or at least CM for that matter.

Repeated word "Wait and see" is not good enough nor explains anything of value for people involved. This needs to be recognized and further explained. If you are fine with how Developers are doing things about the information in the game, that's completely your business and I don't care. You've said what you wanted and move on. But no, you want me to accept your view of the game and your view of developer's thought processes which is ridiculous at best, and superbly arrogant at worst, more se since you're

a) Not a developer
    b) Not a CM
    c) Not going to play for TOP 100 Redeemed Citadel

So, what are you doing? Being bored and thinking "hey, let's derail this topic as much as possible"?

You should have enough decency to stop spamming the topic with notion that everyone should "wait and see" because as far as I could conclude you don't care for the event one bit nor you are in the shoes of those that are planning to run the content meticulously for the sake of obtaining the Wings. You believe that wings will drop from Story Mode Zariel even though wings themselves state "Redeemed Citadel" so that tells me enough of where your stance on all of this is.

To answer your derailment, I've provided an extensive explanation of why it is not a simple matter of waiting and seeing since we're entering the 2nd Milestone tomorrow, and Developers need to explain whether Celestial Wings will be rewarded for farming the event four times in a row (similarly to how Aasimar race is unlocked) so that we don't lose time grinding for no reason.

A simple sentence from their side like "No, it won't" would be more than welcome.

And you've constantly derailed the topic for no reason whatsoever, other than to roleplay a broken record advocate for some arbitrary Q/A that served for a specific purpose.

Which makes me to question your very motive to write here in the first place.

In my opinion, you haven't said or done anything of value here and continually provide derailing trying to roleplay as a broken record advocate for what you personally believe is developers sentiment, which was so ambiguous that could've as well be a simple question avoidance.

Again, step aside with your pettiness regarding this competition and wishful thinking for "rage among the players" because you won't easily obtain the Legendary Mount Celestial Wings, and let this topic flow in the proper direction without you stating the obvious "wait and see".

I've waited, now it's time to actually see.
    True Neutral
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User

To answer your derailment, I've provided an extensive explanation of why it is not a simple matter of waiting and seeing since we're entering the 2nd Milestone tomorrow, and Developers need to explain whether Celestial Wings will be rewarded for farming the event four times in a row (similarly to how Aasimar race is unlocked) so that we don't lose time grinding for no reason. A simple sentence from their side like "No, it won't" would be more than welcome.

Even the answers they have given, you have not bothered to READ. https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/ikp2wb/i_am_asterdahl_senior_systems_designer_for/ Asterdahl broke down that you don't have to grind out all 4 tiers to unlock the Aasimar. You just have to have bought all 4 milestones out and grind them at the beginning or after the 4th milestone has started. They list what you are grinding for well in advance if you just READ what they post https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11478173-redeemed-citadel-part-2! was posted and tells that the wings will not be this rounds rewards. They may be milestone 3 or milestone 4's rewards.

Yeah, I think you just can't stop spamming... Which is why I'll end this bickering you dared to call " a discussion".

You come off like a cry baby, that if someone doesn't give you the answer you want, you are going to throw a fit. It seems like, it is you that is the spammer. You have repeated yourself at least 10 times this thread. The dev's have already given the answer that they are not going to reveal the information you want to be privileged to, and you can't accept that. When they are ready to tell you where the wings come from, there will be a news announcement about it. They may be a top 100 reward for leading milestone 4 or they may be a reward for top 100 of all 4 milestones combined... They have already said they aren't going to say. If you want to gamble your time, then do so but quit crying about it already.

Even the answers they have given, you have not bothered to READ. https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/ikp2wb/i_am_asterdahl_senior_systems_designer_for/ Asterdahl broke down that you don't have to grind out all 4 tiers to unlock the Aasimar. You just have to have bought all 4 milestones out and grind them at the beginning or after the 4th milestone has started. They list what you are grinding for well in advance if you just READ what they post https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11478173-redeemed-citadel-part-2! was posted and tells that the wings will not be this rounds rewards. They may be milestone 3 or milestone 4's rewards.

I've opened this topic to look for the answers by those that know answers other than "wait and see" which are, at best, misleading and leaving much to the speculation of the playerbase. If you can't see why that's a problem, then you're not helping this topic.

Yeah, no. If it comes as a "Surprise, you were top 100 four times so here are some wings now" I can see that some people might get angry, but this is a practice that should be frowned upon.

Developers FORGET things, unless you want to come here and tell me that they've been fixing things in a matter of days? it is perfectly understandable that developers might've forgotten the things or, maybe, just maybe, they've waited for a chance to see a topic or two regarding the citadel right here on the forums. Maybe, just maybe, they want to see people's response to it or attract more people due to an obvious tease?

"They won't tell us so let's not care" is not my thing. I hope that they will reveal some info anytime soon.

You come off like a cry baby, that if someone doesn't give you the answer you want, you are going to throw a fit. It seems like, it is you that is the spammer. You have repeated yourself at least 10 times this thread. The dev's have already given the answer that they are not going to reveal the information you want to be privileged to, and you can't accept that. When they are ready to tell you where the wings come from, there will be a news announcement about it. They may be a top 100 reward for leading milestone 4 or they may be a reward for top 100 of all 4 milestones combined... They have already said they aren't going to say. If you want to gamble your time, then do so but quit crying about it already.

It is the thread I've opened, and I will do my best to answer to anyone that doesn't understand the topic at hand, as long as they're polite enough to do so and won't belittle or do their best to stagnate the effort to get some more information from the developer side. Which you are doing right now. Personal attacks aside, you've nothing to offer in the topic as well, which wasn't already stated in the 2nd post by the user @eion311

If you agree with what person stated, you can simply click on "agree" button and move on.

"You have repeated yourself at least 10 times this thread" <--- I've repeated myself 10 times to a spammer, yes. Nice of you to notice. :>

"The dev's have already given the answer that they are not going to reveal the information"

Where is this explicitly stated, without any ambiguity? If you can provide this exact sentence that they WON'T reveal the information no matter what, then and only then I will stop asking for the information to be revealed or some light shed on how to obtain the Celestial Wings mount...

If you can provide this, that'd be awesome. If not, then you're also projecting your view of things which do not reflect Developer' sentiment regarding the reveal.

"When they are ready to tell you where the wings come from, there will be a news announcement about it. They may be a top 100 reward for leading milestone 4 or they may be a reward for top 100 of all 4 milestones combined... They have already said they aren't going to say."

Which will it be? They are going to say or they aren't going to say? Please, make your mind first and then reply to this topic once you've understood it thoroughly.

What you preach is "Unless there is an announcement, you shouldn't ask". Maybe I want to ask? Maybe I find it reasonable enough to ask? What is it for them not to reveal this information? What is it for them to keep it clandestine and for what purpose? Do you think questioning the clandestine info is something that should not happen on the forums?

How do you decide what is right and what is wrong to ask on the forum lol I had so much fun reading all these projections of what developers want to do and how they operate by you two, but it still won't stop me from asking and opening a topic regarding it. If it annoys you to question and criticize some of the decisions regarding the game's latest installment, then that's your problem, really. I will openly share my frustration and/or rant about things I dislike about this game or some of the directions they took. However, this topic isn't that one. This topic simply asks the question of how to obtain the Celestial Wings mount, and any information is more than welcome. But if you want to repeat it 100 times to "wait and see", you are basically spamming for no reason whatsoever, stating the obvious.

As I mentioned earlier, we've waited, now it's time so see some progress so that we don't lose the interest in playing Neverwinter or grind something that might turn out to be a big 0. You seem to acknowledge that it might be a prize for being top 100 four times in a row, and there is some plausibility to the whole idea of that, but if it is possible to get some information from the developers regarding this - that'd be the best course of action for anyone involved. If you think I shouldn't ask stuff like this, then you are sorely mistaken. :>
    True Neutral

"The dev's have already given the answer that they are not going to reveal the information"
    Where is this explicitly stated, without any ambiguity? If you can provide this exact sentence that they WON'T reveal the information no matter what, then and only then I will stop asking for the information to be revealed or some light shed on how to obtain the Celestial Wings mount

I already posted you links... If you spent less time forming an offensive against the neverwinter community and instead took my previous advice of READ, you would have seen in the Ask me anything by Asterdahl (a cryptic dev and official source), there were 2 specific questions regarding it. Asterdahl's response to both of them. "I can't say where this will come from yet." to Mr-Quesadilla, and to PuggleWuggle he stated "Sorry! As you guessed, I can't say where it will come from yet." There is NO ambiguity in that response by the guy that created the content.
    If you READ what it stated, and had some common sense, perhaps you will understand that Developers are under NDA and aren't at liberty of revealing such information publicly on platforms which aren't directly tied-in to the companies that are publishing the game, which would be a serious offense in their eyes.

Following that particular reason, a better way to be involved in the community is to write directly here on the forums where there'd be a solid evidence and announcements shared by the developers and/or staff members directly to the community.

The quotes you deem as a solid evidence are ambiguous (check Ambiguity) and they stress out the phrase "YET" which is not defined by any measurable margin. Yet can be 1 day or 100 days.

I do not see any error in asking openly on the Forum regarding any information from dev-side, staff-side or players who do have some information, as in how to obtain the said mount AND more specifically whether we can lay to rest the rumour that a player would need to finish Redeemed citadel by earning top 100 status four times in a row or not.

That's all there is to it and this shouldn't be of any problem to anyone and others that'd try to belittle the effort to find such information available. It'd save MANY hours of grinding with a simple sentence

"I can't tell you how to obtain the Celestial Wings mount, but I can tell you that it won't be by completing top 100 four times in a row. Sorry for not making this clear prior to starting this campaign as we're on a tight schedule and reasonably things might get forgotten in the process"

Something like that would be more than welcome, don't you agree?
    True Neutral

The quotes you deem as a solid evidence are ambiguous (check Ambiguity) and they stress out the phrase "YET" which is not defined by any measurable margin. Yet can be 1 day or 100 days.

The only ambiguity I see here is in reference to the when. What is certain, is that they will tell us. We just have to wait for when they deem it right for us to know. If they were unsure if they were going to tell us at all, then there would not be a 'yet' in their statements. This is the same thing with the Mythic King of Spines mount, we saw it on the preview server in the collections tab, we asked the developers where to get it, then they answer with "We can't tell you yet" a month or more later, they tell us it's from the new lockbox before it came out. It could have very easily been the topic of this conversation had you noticed it and wondered the same thing about it as with the Celestial Wings.
    edited September 2020
    That can also translate to

"Since there is not enough people interested, we do not deem it our top priority to invest our resources into molding that particular content for the time being. Given enough interest from the playerbase on the forums, and with enough substantial effort in the topics, this might change".

And if that's the case, what you're doing is telling people not to be interested, which very well might be the oposite of what developers want to see or get so that they can direct it to their superiors. Ever thought of that?

If you conclude things out based on the arbitrary Q/A or some Reddit posts, without further being involved into it, it is as if you don't care. This topic opposes the status quo which currently exists.
    Celestial Wings mount is the only item that we're not certain about at this particular moment, and there is a high chance that it's simply put aside for some further production down the line of 4th Milestone in all likelihood, more so given that even it's power is having a "placeholder" and 'till recent patch it didn't appear in regular collections page.
    Current things are completely left to the playerbase to figure out on their own with little to no guidance, and process that's automated only at the convenience of developers rather than the playerbase.

It is important to be engaged in this process by both parties so that we figure out whether it is a success and what can be done to improve it further rather than to create even more division among the players.
    True Neutral

That can also translate to

"Since there is not enough people interested, we do not deem it our top priority to invest our resources into molding that particular content for the time being. Given enough interest from the playerbase on the forums, and with enough substantial effort in the topics, this might change".

And if that's the case, what you're doing is telling people not to be interested, which very well might be the oposite of what developers want to see or get so that they can direct it to their superiors. Ever thought of that?

Now that is a stretch, how did you come to this conclusion? They've clearly been directly asked several times and have directly answered. They know there is interest, it's been asked about ever since they put M19 on the preview server, maybe even when M19 was on Owlbear with the closed testers. They are clearly not wanting to share the information at this time, but with their responses they do plan on it when it's closer to actually being obtainable.

These wings are not the only thing in the collections window that has an unknown way of obtaining it. Aside from the Celestial Wings, we don't know how to obtain the Zariel Companion (5 collection points too btw), and the Redeemed Fallen Companion. Beyond this, there are 3 unopened doors, 1 of which we have no clue of what is behind it, the other being the Celestial Forge, and another which we only have a screenshot of a library of sorts. All of which will likely bring more items that isn't even in the collections yet like with the hunts.
    edited September 2020

If you READ what it stated, and had some common sense, perhaps you will understand that Developers are under NDA and aren't at liberty of revealing such information publicly on platforms which aren't directly tied-in to the companies that are publishing the game, which would be a serious offense in their eyes.

That's funny, because they were the ones advertising it. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477523-redeemed-citadel-reddit-ama-september-1

"I can't tell you how to obtain the Celestial Wings mount, but I can tell you that it won't be by completing top 100 four times in a row. Sorry for not making this clear prior to starting this campaign as we're on a tight schedule and reasonably things might get forgotten in the process" Something like that would be more than welcome, don't you agree? ... It is important to be engaged in this process by both parties so that we figure out whether it is a success

No I don't agree, if they want to make it a surprise and do it that way, it's their prerogative. As much as you seem to think you are entitled to something, this is their game not yours. Yes, we do pay for it, play it, and can quit if we want, but it is still not our game... Your tantrum on this thread is equivalent to walking into a pizza parlor and demanding they make you a cheeseburger.

Celestial Wings mount is the only item that we're not certain about at this particular moment

Several players are very concerned with more than just the wings, like-say the companion that shows up in collections and looks like a BIS replacement for Xuna, her name is Zariel. If this event is over and I never see the wings or Zariel, then I will speak up, but right now you are correct in assuming that you oppose the status quo, and that most of us don't want them to ruin the event because you, the squeeky wheel, can't quit crying about how your time is so precious, while you spend hours trying to belittle other Neverwinter players on the forums. I gave you multiple links that are not slightly ambiguous, that won't be content for you, all you want is a dev to cry to. You should have never opened up a forum post, instead you should have emailed support to begin with, but I imagine you did and they blew you off as well. With that I am done with this topic.
    edited September 2020
    There is a very strong suggestion that both companions will be the prize for Milestone 3 and Milestone 4, due to the way prizes were given (a lower tier ones). If not, then the set itself. You'd find that very few people actually play for prizes per milestone and that almost everyone is playing for the sake of wings.

Legendary Mount is a very high tier prize. In all previous events to get one you'd had to go all the way out and complete the most difficult tasks several times in a row.

Pretty much not a stretch by any means to conclude that you'll need to complete 4 x rank 100 and get wings. Furthermore, devs also want to sell some wings, too, for ZEN. And recently there was a huge zen-cleanup sale before the mounts upgrades. And that too will reduce ZEN for many players.

If devs were to give out Legendary Mount for a mere 20.000 Zariel Favor, that'd be the best item to get as soon as possible for any newbie who'd get carried into such a content. They might as well send a pair of wings to the entire server if they allow people to get them for mere 20.000 Favo(u)rs.

But that's not the case here, it is a one-time prize for a select few. And I've a strong suspicion it'll be for people that complete the event earning top100 4 times in a row. That's the only way I can put some sensibility to the whole thing without developers saying a word.

Collections page serves as category of sorts. You can clearly see the map of items and how to obtain them if you read small letters on the lower part of the item itself.

We already know where the wings drop from - says -> Redeemed Citadel.
    Hunts drop from another thing altogether. Those items are of no value to me as hunts are not connected to special prizes we get from completing the event itself.

Hunts will remain as they aren't a part of the Redeemed Citadel. Redeemed Citadel is a one-time campaign. Redeemed Citadel is gone after some time, thus the urgency for some light being shed here.
    True Neutral
    edited September 2020

Hunts will remain as they aren't a part of the Redeemed Citadel. Redeemed Citadel is a one-time campaign. Redeemed Citadel is gone after some time, thus the urgency for some light being shed here.

Only parts of the Redeemed Citadel is going away, namely the claimable milestone rewards from the bottom row and the AD boxes. Here is a direct quote from Asterdahl, "Zariel's favor will be able to be earned indefinitely. In addition, the reagents required to upgrade weapons will be made available for purchase with Zariel's favor (albeit a rather large amount) after the milestone where they are available in the campaign track.

If you have time to play at least on your main character, I'd recommend playing along with the campaign as you'll get the weapons and reagents for free via the campaign, and can use your currency to buy weapons and reagents for alts, or cosmetics and other items you may want.

The only things that will disappear form the store once the campaign ends are things like the daily refined AD that can be purchased, and other similar packs that will be available in later milestones."https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/icp4b4/some_redeemed_citadel_issues/g25lr7h/

That last sentence refers to the Yahael Store.

Legendary mounts are no longer as rare as they used to be, starting tomorrow. This isn't even the first legendary mount available as a reward from something in-game. The Celestial Warhorse is available after just a few Hell pit events to everyone. Beholder Tank from Day of the Dungeon master is a reward from a very easy dungeon and has been available for most of this game's life.