test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[FEEDBACK] State of PvE (much more detailed than in CDP)

2»

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    jimmypdt said:

I wish NWO would follow what SWTOR did for difficulty. You can change between story, veteran, and master mode. Story mode is for people who just want the story (easy enemies, hard for you to be killed). Veteran mode for people who want a bit of a challenge (Harder enemies, you can die sometimes). And Master mode for those who want a real challenge (Deadly enemies that are unforgiving, you will die often until you skill and gear really improves. And also take a few friends). These 3 mode can be changed at anytime for the story lines, dungeons, trials, heroics, basically everything (rewards are also adjusted depending on the difficulty of the mode). If they do this then it should solve most of these issues in the thread.

I wish you the best,

OPTank_

hmm. also been thinking on this for some time now.

I'll probably make a detailed post at some point, but it involves creation of a hardmode which is entirely separate as far as progress goes. The early game... Tower District.. the enemies would have +50,000 stats. Players would receive a few twists to game play on every map... A certain skill that is boosted for instance. Each map would have a special item native to that campaign (thats hard to get in normal mode). that would be super-charged when equipped. Each enemy type would have a variation on stats. One of their stats would be "Strong" (+20,000), and one of their stats would be "Weak" (-20,000).

Hard Mode would assign levels to characters all over again, and the levels would boost stats, be limited to one time questa & first dungeon completion (no points for repeat killing or repeat quests). Hard mode level would be the main reward itself, but some sort of progression reward system (like in the Fallen Citadel event) could provide some additional rewards as tiers are reached.

• zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    > @dolrey said:
    > (Quote)
    > To each your sentence I can ask question "why?" And probably you will not be able to give facts proving it because it is just your opinion. "I don't like this. I don't like that. This became worse". "Worse" is not property of object it is opinion.
    >
    > "Mass exodus of players" started long before m16 because this game has (and had) no challenging content to play. This is fact.
    >
    > Players get top equipment but what they should do then? This game has no PvP, RvR PvP where top players go in other games. This is fact too.
    >
    > So after farming dungeons you have nothing. This is fact. You can just continue farming them.
    >
    > "What for?" thousands of players said. And left the game.
    > "Cryptics you have to change this" I said.
    >
    > Ps: It is always easier to criticize. For years I saw a lot of smart ones blaming and flaming me like you. But NO ONE of them had suggested even one detailed suggestion with arguments, videos, theory, calculations, links to description of class mechanics. It is always "I said so because I said so".

So, when faced with concrete, verifiable resistance contrary to your stated personal desires, it's suddenly all just "opinion"? How very convenient. It's also incredibly disingenuous.

You're also being dishonest. If you require a refreshing of your memory, revisit the threads from around the time period leading up to Mod 16.

You may not remember (or pretend not to remember), but I do, and that includes the pages of back-&-forth between you and numerous other posters including myself. Back then you had the same complaints (i.e. 'NW is too easy!', etc.), and you came with similarly self-absorbed desires to radically change NW into something it wasn't, isn't, and hopefully never will be.

As others have alluded to: if you continually desire such drastic changes, perhaps it's time for you to search for another game(s) that fit the bill.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Scaling is HAMSTER up, no visible progress in the game, slow gameplay, fatal changes in healing, free items (barovia, underdark) similar builds ---> let's contrast it with dynamic gameplay and "immortality". You're asking what I'm going to choose? It could have been changed, simplified, adapted. We get something in return that we didn't ask for. With a ton of bugs. . .

I'm not interested in other games. I've been playing neverwinter for 7 years because I think it's unique. And I want it to stay that way. Unlike you.
    Post edited by mushellka on
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .