test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Limited time 5x r15 enchants ..TOO EXPENSIVE

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
smells super fast grab money...i would bought it for 2000 zen....

Comments

• zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

smells super fast grab money...i would bought it for 2000 zen....

I would have bought it too for 2000 zen, and so would everyone else. But its way to cheap and you should know that too. 2000 Zen = 1.5M AD..which is what 1 x rank 15 can sell for (depending on type). Thats not even counting if you get a 20% discount with a coupon.

So you think 300K AD for a rank 15 enchant would be a fair price? Yeah dream on. Would crash the market. As it is now you can get 5 x 15 for 6000 zen (with coupon) which equals to 900K per rank 15. Not an amazing deal like when you could get them for ~562K with the 50% discount. But its still not a bad deal.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Considering Rank 15s go for a minimum of 1mil AD on the AH...the pricing is actually fairly close to what the server values them at. 7500 zen will get you about 5.625m AD on the Zen exchange, and you get to choose what you want from the pack so unless you wanted all tacticals, you will end up saving AD.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Too expensive? Don't buy them, then.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Imagine getting BiS enchantments offered to you at 1/3 the price they were valued at before these Zen packs were a thing and still complaining about it.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Assuming a 20% discount voucher, the break-even price on AH for r15 enchants from this 1M AD.

So you basically earn around 0,5M AD for each you sell in the normal 1.5-1.6M AD range.

The Zen price is definitely not too high.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    If you buy the pack, you would get the most expensive rank 15 from it. For example, radiant.
    At the moment, it is 1.6 million AD each (it is lower than before probably because of the coming back of this pack).
    1.6 million AD x 5 = 8 million = 10667 Zen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    for a ingame purchase I agree not too expensive. for a real life real money purchase WAYYYYYY TOO MUCH. that's where I stand :)
  • tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Radiants are still the best enchants? Do you recommend that I choose the radiants? I have enough zen to get the pack.
    Edit: Nvm, I think the deal is dead. I can't find it in the market.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Radiants are still the best enchants? Do you recommend that I choose the radiants? I have enough zen to get the pack.
    Edit: Nvm, I think the deal is dead. I can't find it in the market.

Yes the deal was a limited time thing. Also yes Radiants are still widely considered the best for both HP and Power.
  • skeeney#6335 skeeney Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I agree they are too expensive....not everyone has time to grind for AD ..I just enjoy the game and would like to not die on every corner.
    (I'm also testing the reply box to see if it works.)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Nope. Doesn't work. Can't read a word you typed.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User

I agree they are too expensive....not everyone has time to grind for AD ..I just enjoy the game and would like to not die on every corner.

I have yet to find any content other than the final end game trials (TOMM/Zariels Challenge) that cause you to die on every corner if you don't have BiS enchantments. If you are dying on every corner, it is likely a setup issue with your build. I often help BRAND NEW players get into and solo destroy Avernus (newest content there is) mobs with less than a week of grinding, and with changes coming next week (milestone 2 -> companion gear choice packs) it will become even easier for a new players. If you truly need help, I am always answering new player questions when I am online, feel free to talk to me on Aradyn (28k) or Rux (who I intentionally keep at 20k just to show even a 20k can destroy everything).

I understand if these enchants are not for you/you feel overall a 1m enchantment isn't worth it, but they are in no way game breaking.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

It works.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    It seems as though they are still pricing zen items assuming that you can still get zen reasonably fast through the zax. That worked years ago, but not so much today (seems to take months to get any zen). There will probably need to be some changes in pricing (some are coming I see).
    edited September 2020

It seems as though they are still pricing zen items assuming that you can still get zen reasonably fast through the zax. That worked years ago, but not so much today (seems to take months to get any zen). There will probably need to be some changes in pricing (some are coming I see).

They price it in the amount so that people will spend money to buy Zen to buy the pack instead of buy Zen to buy AD.

A. $ -> Zen -> 5 r15 enchantment -> AD
    B. $ -> Zen -> AD

A gives you more AD than B.

If one is after r15 enchantments:

A. $ -> Zen -> 5 r15 enchantment
    B. $ -> Zen -> AD -> 5 r15 enchantment.

A requires less $.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    They could have released them as single packs or double packs making them more available to all. I agree the price is steep to pay in one shot, but the value is there.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

They price it in the amount so that people will spend money to buy Zen to buy the pack instead of buy Zen to buy AD.

B. $ -> Zen -> AD

A requires less $.
    doesn't work because no one is going to pay actual cash for this.
    edited September 2020

B. $ -> Zen -> AD

A requires less $.
    It works as long as there are people using money buy Zen to buy AD. If there is nobody using money to buy Zen for AD, Zax does not work neither.
    Those who use money to buy Zen to buy AD have 2 choices.
    1. Use Zax to get AD.
    2. Buy stuff from Zen store, sell it in AH to get AD.

The 2nd way get more AD.

That also means: the better deal in Zen store, the worse the Zax queue in two fronts. More people want to get Zen through Zax. Less people uses Zen to buy AD through Zax.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User

Just because you won't buy them, doesn't mean no one won't. I know several people that bought this pack during the first round AND this second round. Some were new players and others veteran. I had a friend use $$$ to buy these, and I myself saved my AD converted to Zen and have been patient waiting on the right item to spend it on, and this was it...

It seems as though they are still pricing zen items assuming that you can still get zen reasonably fast through the zax. ... (seems to take months to get any zen).

This is by design. If you could auto trade AD->Zen, like we could in the old days, there is little incentive to spend $$$. You can still transfer, keeping it a free-to-play game, and patience is required but it's weeks not months. I just had a trade go through yesterday, 52 days. That was my longest post for the year. Earlier in the year it was only taking 2-3 weeks... The best thing I can recommend is transfer AD->Zen in advance, and save it until something major pops up. After all, it's not like Zen goes bad if you don't spend it within 10 days =)