test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Attribute crippling

My warlock is a tiefling from before mod 16 when you could choose your attributes. At the time, I was using dps, but now I want to shift to healing for soulweaver. I am left with an 8. Eight is no bueno. Is there not a way to change this up? The lack of flexibility for stats in the game is really short-sighted considering that, when you make a class change that depends on flexible attributes, it is not possible. Please make it swappable. I mean, ffs, why do you have to be so rigid in a game based on 5th ed, in which it's supposed to be easy and enjoyable??

Comments

• Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Attributes were gutted n' are pretty minimal now~
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    The powers that be decided that attributes in a D&D based game should have minimal importance. :/
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020

The powers that be decided that attributes in a D&D based game should have minimal importance. :/

The rationale they gave at one point is... we don't want early mistakes & bad choices of new players to hamstring their character forever.

I personally re-interpret their rationale as... we want to minimize all the factors in the game that improve or diminish performance so that the game is easier to balance and control.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    edited September 2020

The rationale they gave at one point is... we don't want early mistakes & bad choices of new players to hamstring their character forever.

I personally re-interpret their rationale as... we want to minimize all the factors in the game that improve or diminish performance so that the game is easier to balance and control.

At this point they should just rebrand the game as Gauntlet and only offer pre-made cookie cutter characters and get it over with. That's where's it going.
    Post edited by autumnwitch on
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts