test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do Enchantment go bound to account?

I have now a fourth enchantment that has been bound to account and its getting very irritating.
I have submitted a ticket and they didnt care two times.
Can i get help here? Thanks

Answers

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited September 2020

I have now a fourth enchantment that has been bound to account and its getting very irritating.

I have submitted a ticket and they didnt care two times.

Can i get help here? Thanks

Are you talking about an unbound enchantment becoming bound to account?
    Or, when you obtain it, it is bound to account?

If latter, where did you get the enchantment?

Depend on where you get the enchantment, it can be unbound, bound to account or bound to character.

Since you post in the preview forum, is it something special in the preview instead of the live server?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • killkennny#4131 killkennny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes unbound to bound, yeasterday it was unbound.
    No, i think i have wrote on wrong section only, nothing to do with preview.
    Thanks
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    certain pieces of gear used to bind your enchants to your account, and some of the enchats used to bind account gear to character gear, but i think they fixed it... or maybe not
  • killkennny#4131 killkennny Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Okey, sounds great.
    Have they fixed the enchantments that got bound for someone or do they not solve stuff like that, if someone know?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Don't stick enchantments in any gear that is BtC. That usually ends up binding the enchant to that character.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited September 2020
    greywynd said:

Don't stick enchantments in any gear that is BtC. That usually ends up binding the enchant to that character.

This is new to me because most gear is BtC. Only few gears stay BtA.
    What I know is if you put overload enchantment to BtA gear, it makes the BtA gear to be BtC.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    greywynd said:

This better not be the case. I've been swapping enchantments for two years.. hundreds of times between all types of gear without looking to see what kind of gear it was. All the enchantments have remained unbound.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited September 2020

greywynd said:

This better not be the case. I've been swapping enchantments for two years.. hundreds of times between all types of gear without looking to see what kind of gear it was. All the enchantments have remained unbound.
    From what I remember, it was the combination: Slot a bound enchantment (Heart of Fire) with an unbound enchantment into one piece of gear and the other enchantment (certainly the gear/ring!) was bound too.
    But my memory might be faulty.
    I only remember that I started to put the AI ench on shirts on alts for some of those issues.
    e. quoting mistake

- bye bye -

greywynd said:

From what I remember, it was the combination: Slot a bound enchantment (Heart of Fire) with an unbound enchantment into one piece of gear and the other enchantment (certainly the gear/ring!) was bound too.
    But my memory might be faulty.
    I only remember that I started to put the AI ench on shirts on alts for some of those issues.
    e. quoting mistake

You are probably right because 5 of my 6 characters that have Heart of Fire have that in their shirts.
    The last one has it in the neck piece but the enchantment in its utility slot is not bound though. I took it out and put it back in too.