test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question for devs or people monitoring this forum

My question is for the devs or people monitoring the forms pages giving out the proper information this is about the lock boxes and they're drop percentages when opening up the lockbox there was a law passed the deadline is getting close and I was wondering if you guys actually created the information that was supposed to be at hand for the public again it's about the lock boxes in all of them are supposed to be posted every lock box and every item in there with their drop chance percentage on being able to get the items I know the deadlines getting close to where this information is supposed to be made public and I'm wondering if you guys have actually put it up because I have been looking for it and cannot find it I'm doing this because I want to make video showing the percentage chance when opening up the lock boxes versus having VIP with your daily key and using it without VIP and just purchasing the keys off of the zen Market showing the difference between having VIP and not having VIP with the percentages on retrieving the items out of the lock boxes

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    What law are you referring to?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @wilbur626 said:
    > What law are you referring to?

There are alot actually but most arnt followed. They were created because of fortnight etc. But neverwinter is technically included as are all games of chance. They announced they will be increasing drop chances over 3 times what it used to be.
    > @jeremytheman232 said:
    > > @wilbur626 said:
    > > What law are you referring to?
    >
    > There are alot actually but most arnt followed. They were created because of fortnight etc. But neverwinter is technically included as are all games of chance. They announced they will be increasing drop chances over 3 times what it used to be.

Name one that makes Cryptic have to change current monetization strategy?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    There are laws in some countries that apply to lockboxes.....there are places where you have to publish the chances of getting a reward, and there are places where anyone under 18 is not allowed to play "games of chance"...... but there is no single world-wide "law" that applies everywhere.

I really don't see this as a major issue in any way.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    waxy#1523 said:

And again this comment it's just being posted so I know if you guys have created a spreadsheet on the lock boxes and the drop chances of each individual item the reason why I ask is because I've been saving keys on three different accounts with my VIP and then I'm going to be purchasing keys after not having VIP and I have a couple of friends that are doing the same thing and we're doing this to create a spreadsheet and make a YouTube video so it's known what the drop chances are and really are set up as that's why I'm asking have you guys published an area yet where we can actually go see the individual items in the drop chances percentages of those items on being able to retrieve them or is it still a wait I mean I know the deadlines getting close that's why I'm asking but I mean the longer we wait the better it shows anyway because of saving the keys

If you insist not to use punctuation, do not expect busy people (like dev) will spend the time to decode what you said. I personally stop reading after the first line. I believe there are people like me out there. If they can't read it, you won't get an answer.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @""waxy#1523"
    Drop rates are set to be increased by more than 3 times for top items in the lock boxes. Not sure when it's going to be implemented tho just says soon
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    Frankly, it is totally up to Cryptic’s upper management and their legal department to comply with all local, national and international laws and regulations.

Those people are unlikely reading this forum and if they are it is unlikely they would interact with us.

It is also up to local, national and international authorities to pursue Cryptic with any issues where they (Cryptic) are not complying with said laws and regulation.

If you live in such a place where you feel Cryptic is not complying properly the contact the people in your community that are responsible for enforcing such things, as us, consumers, are powerless to do so.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If it becomes problematic, Cryptic can just turn off access from those countries.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    @waxy#1523 :

@rainer#8575 has made an application that includes all the drop rates, so the information is already know to the public
    Elite Whaleboy
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Yea you can download it for free on my patreon (see link in footer). It's the Neverwinter Character Builder Plus. The drop percentages are under Extra -> BagValue Analyzer. There's a lot more in there than just lockboxes by the way.

Example:

@waxy#1523 there is no such deadline or laws that requires Cryptic to disclose anything about % chances of loot in their lockboxes at the moment
    Elite Whaleboy
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    God bless Rainer for all the effort he puts into helping the community but even his numbers are not official by any means. As wonderful as I think Rainer is, he uses too small of a sample size to get accurate results.
    I think it's a joke that OP thinks his so-called video would prove anything other than their own conformation bias. There is no way they could possibly have a large enough sample size to make even an informed analysis of the data they find from their very limited test. Even the great Rainer uses too small of a sample size to provide accurate stats. It's still a fun exercise and in Rainer's case gives a general idea of what the drop rates are potentially. But the whole VIP vs non VIP opening idea is and will be purely anecdotal.
    I would actually argue that, in my anecdotal experience, VIP gives you a better chance of winning the top prize. But RNG is RNG and many, if not most people who complain, do not in any way shape or form understand math and/or statistics.
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User

God bless Rainer for all the effort he puts into helping the community but even his numbers are not official by any means. As wonderful as I think Rainer is, he uses too small of a sample size to get accurate results.
    I think it's a joke that OP thinks his so-called video would prove anything other than their own conformation bias. There is no way they could possibly have a large enough sample size to make even an informed analysis of the data they find from their very limited test. Even the great Rainer uses too small of a sample size to provide accurate stats. It's still a fun exercise and in Rainer's case gives a general idea of what the drop rates are potentially. But the whole VIP vs non VIP opening idea is and will be purely anecdotal.
    I would actually argue that, in my anecdotal experience, VIP gives you a better chance of winning the top prize. But RNG is RNG and many, if not most people who complain, do not in any way shape or form understand math and/or statistics.

As for the top prizes, you're right, one sample size of 10k is on the low side (you want to have at least 50-100 drops of an item for a more accurate result). You can see this where in one test I had over 20 drops and in another in 10k boxes I had less than 10. However, since I've done this test about 15 times now, and the droprate of legendaries is on average 0.15% across 15 tests (so a sample size of 150k) it's very safe to assume that this is actually the droprate. That's about 100 legendary main prize drops :wink:

As for the case of VIP. All my tests are done _without_ VIP since I do those tests on the preview server. Does it matter? I highly doubt it. But I'm not opening 150k lockboxes on the live server to find out.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    We have been promised the chance of "top prices" would triple with the legendary mount changes, so people are sort-of expecting the chance to go to 0.45-0.50%. I don't know when we will see that on Preview...hopefully soon, though.

It will be interesting to test that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    @Rainer Thank you for all the awesome work you do to help the community! I greatly appreciate it and have used your wiki and found it to be an excellent resource!
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    @waxy#1523
    I second, (or third, or whatever...) the request for you to please punctuate your comments.
    I'm not asking for absolute grammatical precision, just add a "." when you finish a sentence.
    Then start the next with a capital letter.

Use line breaks if that's an issue, but do something.

I imagine there is something of interest in your posts, dealing with MMO legislation or something, but I'm not going to try and hack through that jungle of words to get to it.