test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Weapons gated behind mod 19 with Limited Time?

nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
Ok, so I just returned to the game after a few months of craziness (I work in a medical supply warehouse during Covid). As one usually does when returning to NW, I looked for BiS weapons. I saw that they are the blessed set from the "Redeemed Citadel" event. cool. I looked up how to participate, and saw that I must complete the "Path of the Fallen" campaign. Looking at this campaign, it looks like I can do it in about 3 weeks give or take. I looked at the milestones for "Redeemed Citadel" and see that I only have 2 weeks to earn the weapons. 2 weeks to complete mod 19 (not getting the boons), and contribute enough to the Redeemed Citadel to earn these weapons. I looked at the other milestones, and the weapons are not available. Am I missing something? Will these weapons be available from another source? I've been playing since mod 3, and never have I seen content essentially double gated with a limited time to earn them. If I am misinterpreting, someone please correct me. If I am understanding this correctly, I am disappointment that BiS gear is non-attainable for returning players...
-Nacho Skymont
Quixaltic Guild Leader
GH20, pm for inv

Comments

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    With the new, time limited event it is kinda gated, yeah. This weapon set isn't bis though. It is rather the one you get from Zariel's trial which is 1300 ilvl so if you aim for Zariel you can skip the one from the current event.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The weapons your talking about aren't the best in slot weapons in the game. Those would come from ToMM and Zariel's trials. This set is a step up from the current set that is fairly easy for players to get which come from the maps in avernus. If your not able to farm this weapon set then there is speculation that the update to master crafting might bring new weapons to the game. Not getting this set of weapons won't make or break you especially if you haven't made it to avernus to get the maps weapons yet.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I'd like to say, Blessed set is not BiS for any class. It's good, better than Legion set, but it's not BiS.

If you play as dps, then Celestial set is BiS.
    If as a healer, Celestial or Lionheart.
    If as a tank, Lionheart.

Celestial set is a drop from Zariel's Challange.
    Lionheart set is a drop from Tower of the Mad Mage.
    Blessed weapon is available to get during the 1st milestone for all those, who completed Path of the Fallen campaign. However to even upgrade it you need to participate in all milestones and activities during The Redeemed Citadel to get needed reagents.
    Legion set drops from maps in Avernus.

IMO, if you really need weapons that do not require a lot of effort and are not bad, get Legion set. Then just change those to Lionheart/Celestial if you choose to. It will save you some time and nerves.
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Thank you all for your responses. I understand a little better now. I guess I'll set out to get legion set for alts, and celestial set for my main. :)
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    It was not mentioned here, but if you want to pay for the blessed bundle, which includes the Aasimar race unlock, you have as much time as you want to earn the weapon set and the reagents to upgrade them.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    The Blessed set will be available for purchase after the event ends. (dev said so)

The phases after phase 1 will be giving you upgrade components needed to upgrade the weapons, so you will not have orange Blessed weapons until late in phase 4.

The Blessed weapons will not outperform the orange Legion ones until they are purple late in phase 3.

Also note that the Zariels Challenge encounter is fairly hard and requires extensive training and near-BiS gear to succeed, so the large majority of NW players are passing it over. For the large majority of NW players, the Blessed weapons are the best they can get with the effort they are willing to invest.

Blessed weapons are not BiS, but for most, best available.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2020

The Blessed set will be available for purchase after the event ends. (dev said so)

The phases after phase 1 will be giving you upgrade components needed to upgrade the weapons, so you will not have orange Blessed weapons until late in phase 4.

The Blessed weapons will not outperform the orange Legion ones until they are purple late in phase 3.

Also note that the Zariels Challenge encounter is fairly hard and requires extensive training and near-BiS gear to succeed, so the large majority of NW players are passing it over. For the large majority of NW players, the Blessed weapons are the best they can get with the effort they are willing to invest.

However, it is not clear about the requirement of the purchase.
    Can everyone buy it? What is the currency?

Or, only those who have participated the event can purchase for other character within the same account using favor (after the event is over)?
    If latter:
    If you did not do the event at all, you don't have favor. You can't enter the event after the event is over to earn favor.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    If you are like me, just wait for the seal vendor to start selling them in the next module. :lol:

I am not keen on this campaign being a one and done pay to grind event. I am using this time to fall back and regroup my characters. I am playing catch up on gathering boon points, finishing up old stuff I skipped, because it was just too long and boring. By that, I mean the Cloaked Ascendancy and Jungles of Chult for most of my characters. All are at 100% of SKT but still shy some boon points over there.

I would even consider skipping these weapons, as there is always the next bright and shiny around the corner.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User

I am 26k now, and typically remain near-BiS. I'm sure it'll be no problem when more people are running it. TY
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    nachodx22 said:

Ok, so I just returned to the game after a few months of craziness (I work in a medical supply warehouse during Covid). As one usually does when returning to NW, I looked for BiS weapons. I saw that they are the blessed set from the "Redeemed Citadel" event. cool. I looked up how to participate, and saw that I must complete the "Path of the Fallen" campaign. Looking at this campaign, it looks like I can do it in about 3 weeks give or take. I looked at the milestones for "Redeemed Citadel" and see that I only have 2 weeks to earn the weapons. 2 weeks to complete mod 19 (not getting the boons), and contribute enough to the Redeemed Citadel to earn these weapons. I looked at the other milestones, and the weapons are not available. Am I missing something? Will these weapons be available from another source? I've been playing since mod 3, and never have I seen content essentially double gated with a limited time to earn them. If I am misinterpreting, someone please correct me. If I am understanding this correctly, I am disappointment that BiS gear is non-attainable for returning players...

from when that weapons become BIS??
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    erevel09 said:

I'd like to say, Blessed set is not BiS for any class. It's good, better than Legion se

why that 30sec cd makes them better than legion?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2020

erevel09 said:

I'd like to say, Blessed set is not BiS for any class. It's good, better than Legion se

Without considering set bonus, Blessed set has better stat than Legion set.
    Without considering set bonus, Orange Blessed set has +400 damage, +1920 power, +200 ArmPen, +200 Acc, +200 Crit, +200 CA over orange Legion set.

With the set bonus and solo, Orange Blessed set has +400 damage, +920 Power, +200 ArmPen, +200 Acc, +200 Crit, -800 CA, -1000 defense, -1000 Crit Avoid, 10 sec on, 20 sec off with another 4500 Power, +10% Crit Severity/7.5% AP gain.

With the set bonus and one Legion set ally, Orange Blessed set has +400 damage, -80 Power, +200 ArmPen, +200 Acc, +200 Crit, -1800 CA, -2000 defense, -2000 Crit Avoid, 10 sec on, 20 sec off with another 4500 Power, +10% Crit Severity/7.5% AP gain.

With the set bonus and two Legion set ally, Orange Blessed set has +400 damage, -1080 Power, +200 ArmPen, +200 Acc, +200 Crit, -2800 CA, -3000 defense, -3000 Crit Avoid, 10 sec on, 20 sec off with another 4500 Power, +10% Crit Severity/7.5% AP gain.

For DPS standpoint, Legion set needs 2+ Legion set allies to beat the Blessed set.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User

erevel09 said:

I'd like to say, Blessed set is not BiS for any class. It's good, better than Legion set

Legion set grants some extra stats, it's true. However, when a person has reached caps for content, only extra power part is really relevant, and that amount of power isn't anywhere near increased weapon damage that blessed set has. Weapon damage is simply more important than power alone, especially that amount of power.

Then there is blessed set bonus. It has cooldown, true again, but even with that it grants power AND either crit severity or ap gain which is superior to legion set bonus in every way.

The only point where blessed set may lose to legion is when blessed set bonus is on cooldown and there are 4 people who use legion in a party. Then that 4k power might come close to improved weapon damage, depending how much power a player has.