test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What about the one-man armies

2»

Comments

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I've played many, many MMOs. Always have played as a healer until Neverwinter. In Every single MMO I've ever played DPS always lead the charge outside of true endgame content. As a Healer in every other game, I built as a tanky healer with aggro modifiers and held aggro, kiting bosses with ranged dps in party, in everything except true end game content. Every game is like this, not just NW where outdated/lower end dungeons become solo-able or not needed of certain classes.

Now; I'm not saying this right, but I want to remind you: Compared to dps, how many tanks and healers are in the game? In any game? Dps always outweigh the supports so even if you wanted to make lower end dungeons more "support friendly" you end up with the majority of the player base hating any and all decisions to lead to it.

In NW I play a fighter tank, I top dps chart in many low-end dungeons (including lomm) when I bother having the spec to do so. Carried plenty of people through tomm, can solo all 3 bosses of IC except dps check and trying to start zariel training, though my computer doesn't handle preview server.

Get more loadouts, get 3x Gladiators guile, 5/5 mov speed boon, there are mounts with 5% move speed and boots with movespeed out of combat for you to use if you want to outsprint sprinters. If you're saying you're useless you're doing something wrong there, even as tank getting close to 200k power if built for it isn't an issue.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Most classes don't have a shift power that increases movement, only the Barbarian (dps) and Warlocks can. With all the other classes, it is just the illusion of speed.

As stated above, older group content will always be able to be more easily survivable or even soloable. Do I wish that more content was harder, yes of course. But there is often times a larger group clamoring that it's too hard, because they have gotten used to all the easy content up to that point and have forgotten (or just wasn't passed on to them) that MMOs should have extremely hard content so that it actually feels like you accomplished something. Also remember that scaling and the whole Project Ascension has yet to be fully implemented or is even close to being somewhat realized. If you don't like how something is, be sure to participate in the CDP when they pop up and for topics that you feel strongly or have ideas about, and then remember that it takes a lot of development time for those proposals to actually make it into the game.
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Meh, i keep answering the same things again and again. Im editing this post so i dont have to do that agin.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    melechest said:

Seriously, have you ever played any other mmo-rpg? Have you ever seen in any other mmo-rpg dps being able to tank mobs and bosses and wipe everything in mere seconds? Because i have never seen that in any game.

Seriously, that may be the very reason many stay and many leave. Those like it, stay. Those hate it, leave. There is no right or wrong. Different player expects different thing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    > @melechest said:
    > @lantern22
    >
    > I said that in response to someone talking about dps not being able to run ahead in lower item level dungeons. If you read what i say in this post, i have seen dps being able to do it both in lomm and IC, and these are by no means old content. The one thing im asking is for the dps to not have enough survivability to be able to run ahead.
    >
    > And yeah, tbh, what I want as a tank and im pretty sure every player wants that, is to be relevant and needed in all content. Whats the problem with wanting that? And, really, what is the point of a role existing in the game solely to be really needed for 3-4 dungeons at best? No reason. At that point they can just remove that role and just trim down the content that this class is needed for so they are not needed in there either.
    >
    > And dont forget, the point of scaling is for older content to be a challenge even to end-game/close to end-game toons. Though scaling is poorly designed. Go in an old dungeon and remove your gear, you will see what i mean.
    >
    > @zyronax
    >
    > I dont come in here claiming "facts", like other people do. As i said, no player can claim facts because everything we "know" comes from our personal own opinion. And im stating my opinion.
    >
    > As for my "credibility", you may have found both tomm and IC difficult and they were difficult when they came out. But when a group can finish IC in 20-25 mins and tomm in 10 mins, they are not that difficult anymore, with a decent group. I made it bold so you dont miss it again.

There are in fact 'facts.' That you are openly acknowledging that you aren't using them tells me, again, all I need to know about your credibility. I can (and will) keep stating that as many times as needed until you no longer miss it.
    As a tank that can solo all three bosses of IC except dps check think Tanks should be nerfed, we totally survive too well without healers. As a tank that usually tops dps chart up to and including lomm, say tanks should lose 50% of their damage, we're totally way too strong, it ruins the experience for others.

This whole thing is pointless.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

As a tank that can solo all three bosses of IC except dps check think Tanks should be nerfed, we totally survive too well without healers. As a tank that usually tops dps chart up to and including lomm, say tanks should lose 50% of their damage, we're totally way too strong, it ruins the experience for others.

How much of this is because of your companion?
    I use bulette as my summoned, have since mod 16.
  • gemiknight#0526 gemiknight Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can someone verify for me please if Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft still work at all?
    I've been looking everywhere but no one has any information.
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Maybe sort of an obvious solution, but would the issue for you be solved if the devs just made tanks run faster? I mean, it doesn't sound like you don't know how the game works, you just don't want to be the last to the fight when you should really be leading the charge. I think the tanks run a little too slowly tbh, I wouldn't mind if they sped them up a little, maybe there would be more tanks and the random queues wouldn't be so backlogged.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    What I usually do if ppl wanna tank the dungeons is let them. If they pull their own pack, I let them tank it and run past them to the next. If DPS wanna tank so much, just let them. For some, it will be no issue doing it. For others..well it wont go so well. Have had ppl die from doing it, have had ppl be able to tank the mobs. Never been kicked from doing it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Can someone verify for me please if Lifedrinker and Bloodtheft still work at all?

I've been looking everywhere but no one has any information.

They still work. They are 2 of the few places that Lifesteal still exists in the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    The only thing I care about at this point, since Cryptic has made it clear that any sort of support class isn't important, is this....

DPS needs to stop crying about taking more damage than the tank or the lack of heals when they sprint thought dungeons. It's not the supports fault that you attempt to face tank everything by yourself so stop blaming us. If you want us to do our jobs, which is why we are those classes..., then stick with us and let us do them.

Too many times I see that garbage in chat, leading up to an inevitable kick vote....
  • drago#3250 drago Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Why there is a shortage of tanks? Congratulations to your performace but you demand the end of the game here.

Edit: Now I read you are a Fighter Tank. Okay. You have Dig in. Solo all 3 IC Bosses is nothing I have ever read about a Paladin or Barbarian is able to do. It is more a Fighter thing. Believe me, we have problems enough. If you are able to Solo the IC Bosses, crazy. But to speak for Paladin, your demandments would be the cascet nail.
    I have no problem with it. But don't force us to play that scrap. DPS Loadout and I would ofcourse not play your proposal.

If it's true what you claim here. You are maybe the best player in the game. And you really demand to balance the game from what you are capable off.
    Post edited by drago#3250 on
    Drago, Yes I'm capable of that but it was sarcastic about the nerf. Hence why I said the whole thing is pointless. Crying about dps being able to take hits and solo dungeons when a tank can do damage and solo dungeons just means asking please nerf everyone.