test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions

deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
Argh! When are you guys going to give use useful professions to do again?? We people who like to do professions to make good gear rather than the frustrating and tedious dungeon delving need to have our day again! Feels like i have been waiting to make a great weapon for a damned long time,whats the problem?

Comments

• pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    I hope that you're trying to be sarcastic somehow but i seriously doubt it .
    Seeing as it's based on D&D ( dungeons and dragons ) that obviously makes the game ideally revolve around that franchise .
    Crafting was brought in as a side benefit to aid ( both crafting items for personal use and making weapons to use / sell to others ) but it is and never will be meant to be the main part of this game .
    If you come to this game solely to craft items ( and there are likely quite a few of you around , but it will be a very small minority ) then that is your perogative .
    Crafting is due to be revamped in another few months ( according to the recent roadmap from earlier on in the year ) but wether it will ever be a mainstay in the game I doubt it .
    Back when it was being fully utilised for crafting stronghold weapons / masterworks weapons ( when they were bis it was primarily " controlled " by a small amount of individuals who had the gold and crafting teams that were able to take advantage of it with multiple gond artifacts .
    Now everyone and anyone can craft due to the easy access to cobalt artifact tools etc .

Disclaimer : I myself have and utilise a crafting army , but don't see crafting as anything other than an aid ( although it is time intensive ) to what I need , in order to play this game .
  • raymonj#7331 raymonj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The last professions update with the cheap 550 prof/focus tools already crashed a lot of the good working system. Masterwork tools and equipment went nearly useless waste of AD.
    I think if their actual developers would add something, this could be death to the system. They may have absolutely no feeling for logical balancing or they are just thinking about Pay-To-Win and centering the role of ZenStore.
    As they did actually with insignia. The price of legendary insignia is now stable thanks to the ZenStoreBoxes containing them. The "insignia powders" now exceed the cost massively. So it is economical waste to think about upgrading insignia to legendary. Buying boxes ist the intention.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There should be a masterwork upgrade later this year, but unfortunately, I do not think it will make crafting viable long-term....that would require actually listening to some of the good suggestions players have been trying to make.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    pelgrax said:

I hope that you're trying to be sarcastic somehow but i seriously doubt it .
    Seeing as it's based on D&D ( dungeons and dragons ) that obviously makes the game ideally revolve around that franchise .
    Crafting was brought in as a side benefit to aid ( both crafting items for personal use and making weapons to use / sell to others ) but it is and never will be meant to be the main part of this game .
    If you come to this game solely to craft items ( and there are likely quite a few of you around , but it will be a very small minority ) then that is your perogative .
    Crafting is due to be revamped in another few months ( according to the recent roadmap from earlier on in the year ) but wether it will ever be a mainstay in the game I doubt it .
    Back when it was being fully utilised for crafting stronghold weapons / masterworks weapons ( when they were bis it was primarily " controlled " by a small amount of individuals who had the gold and crafting teams that were able to take advantage of it with multiple gond artifacts .
    Now everyone and anyone can craft due to the easy access to cobalt artifact tools etc .

Disclaimer : I myself have and utilise a crafting army , but don't see crafting as anything other than an aid ( although it is time intensive ) to what I need , in order to play this game .

Well i can see you are not the type of person who tries to have "fun" in this game,there is more to a game than just running around like a chicken with his head cut off killing things over and over and over....it get tedious and monotonous and you need something to break up the tedium.Professions did that for me. As for what this game is about,are there big rusty machines that you drive around in a desert in your D&D game? Hmmmm
  • duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Actually DnD and many other fantasy worlds have master crafters and magic crafters, that require rare materials to make rare items.
    There are ways to implement it without skipping dungeon crowling.
    Already the previus MW required rare drops from bosses in dungeons.