test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avernus hunts are RNg on top of RNG ( why do we keep getting this tired mechanic ) AGAIN

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
So for the new hunts in avernus you need to get a trophy from an infected mane ( took me 11 attempts to get one ) , next it says to get another trophy ( so RNG again ) before I can then get a lure ( likely more RNG in getting it to appear and then likely RNG in possibly some drop ) to satisfy the quest .
Does it then repeat again ? It may take me hours to find out between the RNG and the other players doing the same .
We shall see .........

Comments

• poliel#3832 poliel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    and i was looking forward to hunts being unlocked. now only disappointment left.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It was pretty clear from the start that it was going to be a chult hunt 2.0, this time though we have one less layer of rng in that we don't have to commit mass genocide to get the marks to spawn.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    Not really as we still have the same basic problem .
    Chult 2.0 was fixed to guarantee a trophy if a mark was killed , you still have to kill quite a few mobs for the mark to appear .
    In Avernus we basically have the same problem . Find the mark ( if you can find one with everyone else hunting them ) and hope that RNG decides to give you a trophy .
    So basically it is still the same .
    I ran a 1 mark lure with a TR ( I'm a barbie ) and got the floor wiped out from under us . Nearly 1 shot killed multiple times .

Was hoping for something different with this module but that was dashed very quickly .
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Same old HAMSTER. guess will log in long enough to do SH dailys and wait for mod 20. not even sure if ill particapate in the next 3 milestones.
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Hunts unlocked for me at 1pm my time. i finally get a chain at 4pm. It now 6 pm have only seen 2 hunts marks and no drop from them. I dont expect it all right away, but geez 5 hours and havent even completed the quest. All this grind and you need drop from hunts to refine the blessed weapons too. Looks like i will skip refining the weapons. It just isnt worth it
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

It was pretty clear from the start that it was going to be a chult hunt 2.0, this time though we have one less layer of rng in that we don't have to commit mass genocide to get the marks to spawn.

No, now we just wait and wait and wait and... Hoping that one of the Manes will spawn in a reasonable time and all the hunters won't swarm it as soon as it does.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    greywynd said:

arazith07 said:

No, now we just wait and wait and wait and... Hoping that one of the Manes will spawn in a reasonable time and all the hunters won't swarm it as soon as it does.
    This is a major issue with this - the spawn times for the Manes is far, far too long and there are too few of them that spawn in the first place. You end up with half a dozen people waiting for a monster to spawn and the fastest one gets to kill is (as many can just kill them in one or two blows). Waiting 20-30 min to see who can press "e" faster is just NOT FUN.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    maybe the spawn camping will slow down as more hunts become available, and during weekdays.
    And if you look at the trophies required for the lures they all require the gore covered chains from the infected manes . That's gonna really slow down the hunt system .
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    I am missing something. Where do you get the lure? Where should I go to check? Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    small room to the left after you teleport into the citadel . The same place where you first get the quest . There are 3 guys giving lures dependent on what trophies you have . Currently only the first one is active for lure hunting .
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    so i was going to start a betting pool as to when Cryptic had to come out and say 'we messed up again' and 'we're upping the drop rates' like every other RNG inside RNG thing they have EVER coded..... but you already beat me to this thread so i will say, 2 of us killing 6 or 7 normal types to get the special hunt type to spawn (killed 6 of the specials) and got NOTHING. thankfully the drops are unbound and i can just buy it from someone who will camp on the spawn point all day.
    edited August 2020
    Respawn rate for the manes is around 20 mins , another mane spawned in a different location after only about 8 mins so it's not a set time for respawns ...........
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    First day will always see slow spawns, as less people become interested and find out the specific drops they want, the number of farmers will lower.
    oh and i want to bet that currently it is only killing blow that even remotely has a chance to get the lure..... way to go cryptic
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    pelgrax said:

small room to the left after you teleport into the citadel . The same place where you first get the quest . There are 3 guys giving lures dependent on what trophies you have . Currently only the first one is active for lure hunting .

Thank you. I don't even know that room exists. I keep on checking in the "upper deck". Duh!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    arazith07 said:

First day will always see slow spawns, as less people become interested and find out the specific drops they want, the number of farmers will lower.

I'm sure the 10000+ players farming zariel's favors have no interest in farming the lures, so you're probably right. 4 spawn points and that many players, it'll be 2025 before it mellows out.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Did 5 hunts yesterday evening. If you farm with a group of 5 in the same instance and meet as soon as somebody can buy a lure it's not so bad.
    Infected Mane respawn time is the main issue, it should be faster as you need 1 for each lure, so in average 6 times more than any of the others.
    What I'm worried about is the drop rate of 2-3 stars lures. If that is low too then we will have a serious issue. I would recommend having them drop everytime like we currently have in Chult.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I had posted my thought here https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1257630/avernus-hunts-a-disappointment but my main concern is with the 2-star trophies, as I have not heard of anyone getting 2* trophies at all. Now, If that is indeed the case, maybe those drops will not be turned on until the 2* hunts are activated (A month from now, I guess) , and in that case, it would be just silly to do the 1* hunts now - people should save their 1* lures until they have a chance to drop 2* trophies - otherwise they will just have to do the 1* hunts all over.
    Hoping for improvements...
    how long before they patch the manes to drop like the omu dinosaurs?
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    arazith07 said:

and we have drastically lower spawn rate as well ;)

I'm sure the 10000+ players farming zariel's favors have no interest in farming the lures, so you're probably right. 4 spawn points and that many players, it'll be 2025 before it mellows out.

didnt seen over 3k people in avernus since m19release

10 k people would be 500 instances 20 in each :D let me know when you see over 200 ... half empty( 2k)

arazith07 said:

actually we wont ... they are mass selling lures for marks unless they make them bind to account ... they will be farming for long time to cheat ad system
    "chult lure market" didnt died until m16 made those items obsolete
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Two important points.

Asterdal has confirmed that the T2 trophies do not drop yet, but they will do so when the T2 hunts go live (possibly when Milestone II starts, but more likely when Milestone II reaches 100%. - maybe in a month from now). This means that if yoy do a hunt at this time, you have a chance of getting one of the IL 1230 armor pieces below

However. you do not get the T2 trophies you need to make lures for the T2 hunts.

I don't know about you, but I am going to wait.....maybe collect a few lures, but doing the hunts now is just a waste of a lure, from my perspective.

Asterdal also said that they were aware the manes were a frustrating bottleneck and were looking into increasing the number of spawn locations. Personally I would have gone for an increase in the trophy drop rate instead, but I guess this approach works too.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    3 days so far, 1 mane, 0 drops.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    so guess ppl will be MAYBE happy if the dev start to giveaway goodies on their mail....
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Based upon what I read here, I am glad I stopped all Avernus stuff in favor of finishing Chult with my alts and starting the boons for them and then just wasting the rest of my time acquiring guild vouchers from the event.

Even though I did purchase the first milestone thingy so that I could finish it in my own time I now know that I will not be doing the others for sure except for maybe the first 7k on 1 or 2 of my toons to get the scrolls since I do not have VIP they will at least be useful.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    They should make next level trophies drop now. People don't even know (after all that hunt grinding) that they can't even store up trophies for the next part to open on the 15th. They're going to be pissed. Let trophies drop. Just don't let players talk to the next two Hunt Masters until they're usable. Problem solved.

Stygian Scouts need more spawn areas, as do Manes. Narzugon is probably okay.
    Dunno how you'd expand Demolitionist spawns. There's no room. You'd have to up the rate.
    Haven't tried the others.

Making more spawn points would help vs campers. Maybe add some in Avernus' entrance area.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    dont worry they will "fix" it. they will up the RNG 1% . Everyone will complain. They will up the RNG 1.3% Everyone will complain. They will ignore all complaints...Less people will play everyday. They will then up the RNG to 90% Everyone will be bored with the hunts in 3 weeks.
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User

EDIT:
    gear from these hunts is really not that great... (maybe except for Wisps but grinding for one pair of boots... nope) I won't even bother getting into Avernus map now that I finished Path of the Fallen and don't plan to play Zariel's Challenge so no need for keys.

nah its desirable only for tanks but "when you are struck with critical strike" kill that item for tanks ... tank withou crit avoid cap is useless tank anyway

basically whole set of poorly designed gear useless for anyone (apart of people who autoequip item with highest ilvl they see)
    lets wait for next tier :D