test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove refining stones from lockboxes

kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
edited August 2020 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Can we have a lockbox that does not have refining stones as a possible reward? Also no more Cubes of Augmentation either. There are so many other ways in the game to get RP, it does not need to come from lockboxes, period. To use a key and get nothing but RP feels like an insult. Give us Enchanting Stones, Marks of Potency, Wards, Stronghold vouchers, anything, but please no more refining stones. Please.

And as for the Cubes of Augmentation, they are only needed when you change weapons, which only happens when a new mod drops, and they are available in the bazaar. There is absolutely no reason for them to be in lockboxes.
My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
kuI2v8l.png
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Agreed. About 90% of the time I get refining stones when I open a box. I have over 4million rp and nothing to use it for. Even if I buy a ten pack of keys, 8 out of the ten will contain worthless refining stones that drop from every third enemy anyway. It's just another way they can reduce the chance of pulling anything good. I've been playing about three years, vip from the beginning and only pulled one Lego mount and a handful of other useful things. It absolutely is an insult. Especially for those of us that stay around only as a labor of love.
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I would be happy with a lockbox with refining stones removed from just one of the tiers meaning at least ONE item we would be receiving would not be a refining stone.

In the old boxes we had a lack of refining stones IMO but the new ones are so overflowing with them there is a glut. There has to be a happy medium.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I don't mind RP if, as has been mentioned above, ALL of the three rewards.
    I have never been a big key buyer, but in the past I usually bought about 100 just to check out a new Mod's first lockbox.
    Since the advent of the three tier system I have stopped doing this, and only use the daily key I get from VIP because I just can't justify the cost.
    For me to buy more keys the boxes would have to be changed to at least 2 out of 3 of the tiers giving something other than RP.

I'm happy for Augment Cubes to keep dropping. I've 9 toons to equip with new weapons when they arrive, and at least 5 of those toons get the Artifact Modifications switched to the best for them. It doesn't matter how many of those damned cubes I have at the start of a new Mod like Avernus... by the time I get to my third or fourth toon's new weapon set, it's never enough, and buying them from the Bazaar is 30'000AD per reroll.

(@kreatyve if you have too many cubes, let me know what you need/want for them and we can do a swap)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I don't mind augment cube. If I can choose, I would hope they can drop more (as more augment cubes per augment cube drop). Between augment cubes and RP, I take augment cube every time. Although I dislike voucher, at least, it can be sold for a decent price.

I don't care about RP. I have enough that to cover 6 toons for years. After that, I have thousands of coffer, Quartermaster bags, ...., hundreds stack of gems. I start to taking out Wander's fortune from my toon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I don't mind the cubes either but I also think it would be ok if they were removed. the rp is a definite bad thing though. I personally would like it if it went back to the old way. with boxes of stuff it was far more balanced in value. rp could stay then because when in an enchantment box with the other stuff it held it's value. given the various floods of things into the economy recently we need more sinks. enchantment sinks, rp sinks, ad sinks, artifact sinks,. etc
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    cubes are good for people who play multiple toons. I never sell the cubes I got. When I upgrade to the legion set for five toons, my stockpile was not enough and I had to spend another 200k
    edited August 2020
    I bought stacks of cubes when they were still dirt cheap. I sell and use them. they are a bit pricey now still even though people use them a lot. taking out of the boxes would make them very expensive. that works for me :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I bought stacks of cubes when they were still dirt cheap. I sell and use them. they are a bit pricey now still even though people use them a lot. taking out of the boxes would make them very expensive. that works for me :)

They are for sale in the Bazaar, why would anyway pay more than Bazaar prices for them?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I am not on XB1 but I will chime in and agree. There is way too much refinement in the game. I also don't do a lot of refining either, but if I do and run short, I can buy a lot of it on the AH. It seems there has always been a glut of inexpensive armors that keep getting tossed out for less than 40 AD. Putting more worthless refinement into lockboxes is almost like getting the reply, "You lost slick! Try again.".

Would you want it just removed? Or do you think there should be a replacement item in place of refinement? But remember this would be the lowest common prize, something people would eventually sell in the auction. I for one would like to see them replace it with random fashion packs. I haven't seen those in the lockboxes in a long time.
    wb-cenders.gif
    kreatyve said:

They are for sale in the Bazaar, why would anyway pay more than Bazaar prices for them?
    you think bazaar prices aren't expensive?

I am not on XB1 but I will chime in and agree. There is way too much refinement in the game. I also don't do a lot of refining either, but if I do and run short, I can buy a lot of it on the AH. It seems there has always been a glut of inexpensive armors that keep getting tossed out for less than 40 AD. Putting more worthless refinement into lockboxes is almost like getting the reply, "You lost slick! Try again.".

Would you want it just removed? Or do you think there should be a replacement item in place of refinement? But remember this would be the lowest common prize, something people would eventually sell in the auction. I for one would like to see them replace it with random fashion packs. I haven't seen those in the lockboxes in a long time.

I'd like scrolls of mass life and pres wards as replacement. especially from the pc side of things. both of those things are prohibitively expensive and necessary
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I agree. I was really excited about the Astral Lockboxes, until I looked at the rewards and found out it was possible (for those of us with REALLY bad RNG, even likely) to spend 100k AD on 3 refining stones.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

You said "very expensive" and they are 6k each without VIP in the Bazaar, which I don't feel is very expensive. Just a little expensive.
    kuI2v8l.png

I agree. I was really excited about the Astral Lockboxes, until I looked at the rewards and found out it was possible (for those of us with REALLY bad RNG, even likely) to spend 100k AD on 3 refining stones.

Yeah, I actually did that. Was the last Astral Lockbox I bought. So much buyers remorse.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I would think if they reduce the RP in the boxes we will get Teleport to PE / MM scrolls, Potion of *insert random stat* Rank 6, or other junk.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Yeah, I actually did that. Was the last Astral Lockbox I bought. So much buyers remorse.
    I'm so sorry that happened to you.
    edited August 2020
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

You said "very expensive" and they are 6k each without VIP in the Bazaar, which I don't feel is very expensive. Just a little expensive.
    no 10k each without vip and enough people will forget about bazaar that prices will probably go a bit above that

speaking of wonderous. they really need to take rp out of there too. a nub was in seige talking about having just bought sapphires from the bazaar to upgrade an artifact and how it looked like they would need another 2.2 mil to be able to fully upgrade it. ad sinks are great but people that are new are not the ones that should be hit that way. I straightened them about about ah and rubies but I felt bad they'd been robbed that way. it would be nice if prices somehow aligned a little more to what is really going on in ah with the bazaar.

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

no 10k each without vip and enough people will forget about bazaar that prices will probably go a bit above that

speaking of wonderous. they really need to take rp out of there too. a nub was in seige talking about having just bought sapphires from the bazaar to upgrade an artifact and how it looked like they would need another 2.2 mil to be able to fully upgrade it. ad sinks are great but people that are new are not the ones that should be hit that way. I straightened them about about ah and rubies but I felt bad they'd been robbed that way. it would be nice if prices somehow aligned a little more to what is really going on in ah with the bazaar.
    Really, I thought they were 6k. It's been a while.
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited August 2020
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

7.5K each with VIP. Need 4 to unlock. For the unlucky person I am, I did 5 unlocks recently for the Legion main hand.
    For the off hand, I did 3 unlocks (better luck) + 4 rolls to get power and +2218 (max 2500).
    36 cube.
    It would be 270K AD for for one character for one set. I have 6 characters.

I have not done the 2nd unlock to get 'Critical Severity'. If I have the same luck, it will take another 28 cubes to unlock that. Another 210K. So, 1/4 to 1/2 million AD to do one character each time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

7.5K each with VIP. Need 4 to unlock. For the unlucky person I am, I did 5 unlocks recently for the Legion main hand.
    For the off hand, I did 3 unlocks (better luck) + 4 rolls to get power and +2218 (max 2500).
    36 cube.

I have not done the 2nd unlock to get 'Critical Severity'. If I have the same luck, it will take another 28 cubes to unlock that. Another 210K. So, 1/4 to 1/2 million AD to do one character each time.
    Ok, so maybe cubes can stay in the boxes. But the RP can go.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Here is an idea for something that can help replace lockbox contents:

Scroll of Transformation (120 second cooldown) - When not in combat, use to open the loadout window and change loadout.

These could be put in lockboxes (no binding)
    These could also be put in VIP daily account rewards in a 'bound to account' version.
    Numerous stores and/or event reward stores could potentially offer these too.
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    RP is a good reward and should stay in lockboxes. Yes , it would be nice to have it be reduced from having the possibility to drop from all 3 categories but it should be at least in 1 of the categories.
    I think what is being overlooked is the alternative to RP as a reward. Remember getting green banners for the great hall? I prefer RP.
    That being said there is room for improvement in the rewards from lockboxes. I think the best way is to have a large variety of items so that it keeps rewards rare yet useful. People can then sell or trade what they don't want but there wouldn't be an overflow of 1 item in particular.
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    What if instead or items we got choice packs as rewards like the companion and mount choice packs.
    Each category could have 4 choice packs with your choice of rewards from the category and tier. Basically you could get an Uncommon, Rare, Epic, or Legendary choice pack with the rewards of that type to chose from in each category. You could pick what you need or sell it.
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

36 cube.

Ok, so maybe cubes can stay in the boxes. But the RP can go.
    I usually have 400 cubes in stock and when I get one new weapon set for my 30 tons I easily go through 100-ish. (Sometimes I may get lucky and use like 50ish) Multiply that by all those toons the numbers are crazy. So maybe every other lock box could have cubes?

RP is a good reward and should stay in lockboxes. Yes , it would be nice to have it be reduced from having the possibility to drop from all 3 categories but it should be at least in 1 of the categories.
    I think what is being overlooked is the alternative to RP as a reward. Remember getting green banners for the great hall? I prefer RP.
    That being said there is room for improvement in the rewards from lockboxes. I think the best way is to have a large variety of items so that it keeps rewards rare yet useful. People can then sell or trade what they don't want but there wouldn't be an overflow of 1 item in particular.

Sorry, RP is a bad reward because there are too many out there in the game. I have just checked the characters which I do not play at all (as they only do invocation after they learned how to do so and never steps out since). Each one of them has million RPs. I did not use any RP which is unbound because just the character/account bound RP have been more than 5x enough for my 6 characters. RP is so cheap in AH that I do not even bother to sell the unbound (at the moment). And the RP keeps rolling in (without the 'help' of lockbox).
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    If anything at all is needed to change in lockboxes it is the drop rate of R5 Enchanting Stones. Supply doesn't even come close to demand.

Cubes should definitely stay, there is no justification for the price of them anywhere else. I on average use a few hundred each time weapon changes are required, plenty are needed to stock between mods.

Partly off-topic but still tangentially related; something also needs to be done to curb the disgusting AD whales in the game.

And this is from someone who on PC at one point had in the range of 60+ million AD x50 toons. No-one needs even a fraction of that.
    tgwolf said:

If anything at all is needed to change in lockboxes it is the drop rate of R5 Enchanting Stones. Supply doesn't even come close to demand.

Cubes should definitely stay, there is no justification for the price of them anywhere else. I on average use a few hundred each time weapon changes are required, plenty are needed to stock between mods.

Partly off-topic but still tangentially related; something also needs to be done to curb the disgusting AD whales in the game.

And this is from someone who on PC at one point had in the range of 60+ million AD x50 toons. No-one needs even a fraction of that.

easy peasy give the vast wealth away if it bothers you that much. My pc gt is thefiresidecat. just sayin is all. I'd hate for you to be sick to your stomach. I can take it though. stomach of iron. :)
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Lockboxes are a special treat, and the items contained therein should feel "special" as well. Things that don't drop because I killed a group of enemies, or crafted them in my workshop. There are so many things you can replace RP with in lockboxes that would make using a daily VIP key or pack of keys feel more exciting than some black opals, a greater enchanting pack and a blood ruby. Make it so one of the tiers has RP, but the other two contain no RP whatsoever, so you're always guaranteed to get something else. Fashion, wards, enchanting stones, stronghold vouchers, campaign currencies and/or genie gifts. If we are losing out on unbound companions and mounts from dungeons, then a green/blue mount or companion pack to supplement the existing epic ones. Insignia powder jackpots like the tradebars jackpot. Gold bars. A Zen coupon choice pack. No potions, no scrolls of teleport, none of the useless junk we are used to seeing in other boxes. We have a ton of ways to get RP, this really doesn't need to be one of them.
    The newest lock box doesn't seem to reward RP as much as the past ones. I don't know if that was done on purpose or just due to more stuff in the box in general.

That being said, having 30 toons and a lot of upgrades with the new mod I am out of RP across the board now lol. Might have to purchase *gasp* some RP off the AH.