test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alpha compy

phneo#5260 phneo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Alpha compy companion was sold as a "limited time" sale and then after only a few weeks i can see its back again as a "limited time" sale, if it keeps being sold that way then "limited time" is not the right definition for the sale. Looking forward could such sales have different description so players wont be deceived? "limited time" offers should really not be offered already after a few weeks again, give it at least 6 month if called "limited time" or else that "limited time" description is really out of place.
Post edited by phneo#5260 on

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    They should really add the A. Compy to Tbar or permanent Zen store companion section.

Surprised you don't also complaint about the "Limited time" Magnificent Resurgence Lockbox or the 50keys+Coals or items that returns to the Zen store every so often.

They are not really deceiving players, the sale date start/end time are clearly posted which make it limited in the time frame.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Alpha compy companion was sold as a "limited time" sale and then after only a few weeks i can see its back again as a "limited time" sale, if it keeps being sold that way then "limited time" is not the right definition for the sale, please explain why you find it ok to deceive players with terms as "limited time" offers? when in fact they are not.

It was companion alone.
    Now, it is within a pack.

Regardless, limited time does not mean it won't come back. It only means it will be gone.
    e.g. Black Friday sales is a limited time sale and that happens every year.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • phneo#5260 phneo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

They should really add the A. Compy to Tbar or permanent Zen store companion section.

Surprised you don't also complaint about the "Limited time" Magnificent Resurgence Lockbox or the 50keys+Coals or items that returns to the Zen store every so often.

They are not really deceiving players, the sale date start/end time are clearly posted which make it limited in the time frame.

Permanent in zen store, all would be fine, "limited time" sales is for sure just to make people think it wont be for sale in nearest future, that i will call deceiving since it shows as a repeat sale within a couple of weeks.

Or do all smokers quit smoking between smoking? lol
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    it's a little too soon yes but prices hadn't even started to climb up again so no sweat really. I thinkthey're trying to drain everyone's reserves for a giant leg mount sale very very soon. i'm not touching this one.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think you are thinking in something "exclusive" or "1 time only" offers.

Limited time is limited time. Not more, not less.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

I think you are thinking in something "exclusive" or "1 time only" offers.

Limited time is limited time. Not more, not less.

Thats actually exactly the same, you can also make as many exclusive sales as you want, and you can also make 1 time offers again, change the offer slightly and do it again, its still not right to do or lets put it in another way, it wont make people do second purchase if they know the seller uses methods like this.

I do believe the purpose of games is to make people stick around and spend a bit long term, so I dont understand why they dont treat the customers with a little respect instead, and stop with misleading "sales".

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Nothing about the sales are misleading. Other businesses do the same thing in pretty much the exact same way.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Nothing about the sales are misleading. Other businesses do the same thing in pretty much the exact same way.

Just because others do it dont make it right, that really a bad argument, or do you also steal cars if you see a car thief do it LOL
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    i'm really not sure why you're mad about this? it's not even that great a deal. the adx on xbox has barely twinged. a few last minute stragglers will get compies. big deal.. then we probably won't see this particular offer again til black friday.

i'm really not sure why you're mad about this? it's not even that great a deal. the adx on xbox has barely twinged. a few last minute stragglers will get compies. big deal.. then we probably won't see this particular offer again til black friday.

Mad? not mad at all ;-) just concerned as i can hear people is talking about it, they bought a compy for reselling and then the price is dumped 1m AD on pc due to new sale, i really understand people getting frustrated over buying things and then see what they used cash on is worth a lot less short after.

Does that really encourage people to spend cash? i doubt it!
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Patience is a virtue......especially if you've stocked up on any of the recent sales items in the zen market.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User

Mad? not mad at all ;-) just concerned as i can hear people is talking about it, they bought a compy for reselling and then the price is dumped 1m AD on pc due to new sale, i really understand people getting frustrated over buying things and then see what they used cash on is worth a lot less short after.

Does that really encourage people to spend cash? i doubt it!
    So yesterday before the sale, Alpha Compy was being sold for just below 3m (like 2 995 000 or something). But lets use 3m for arguments sake. The pack they sell with Alpha compy now is what? 3600 zen? That zen is worth 2.7m AD just from the exchange. If you sell Alpha Compy for 3 millions, you get a 300K cut..so basically no profit. And you also claim the price is dumped 1m AD. Which means alpha compy should be around 2million now? Cant verify that claim since dont have a game client on this PC.

Dont know what you are crying about, the new packs are not competing with the single sale of alpha compy that you could get for, was it 2000 zen with the coupon? You think that will compete for the 3600 pack now? People will come up with stupid ways to complain just for the sake of complaining.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closed as ya'll can't be nice to each other and discuss it like grown adults, and instead have to resort to insults.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.