test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing artisan: an Armorer disappeared when Summer Artisan left.

atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
When the Summer Festival ended, and the Summer Artisan was removed or hidden, it also removed or hid the final Armorer in my list, Elsbeth Missaglias.

However, "Manage Artisans" still counts (correctly) that I have three Armorers, while it only displays two: Bitrid Brasshammer and Tomaso Missaglias. And it counts that I have 25 total, while it only displays 24. Unfortunately, Elsbeth is not available for crafting.

I suspect she is still there, but hidden along with the Summer Artisan.

Comments

• atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Before I noticed that the Armorer was missing, I hired one Artificer, Stella Everstream, and then dismissed another Artificer, Benedict Klaude. I don't know if this affected anything.

Notice it counts 3 Armorers at the top.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Can you please submit a ticket to Customer Service? Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

This seems to be affecting everyone and should probably be escalated very soon. The type of artisan varies, but every one of my characters I checked showed current number =X (it varied), while the indiviual counts is X-1(Consistent on all). Unlike some others in this thread, I have no idea which artisans are not showing.

• joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    I can confirm I am not missing any Artisans. Then again, I only had 2 Armorers to begin with and am not a Rank 4 Workshop.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    joe7777 said:

I can confirm I am not missing any Artisans. Then again, I only had 2 Armorers to begin with and am not a Rank 4 Workshop.

Most of mine are Rank 3.

It seems to be characters that went over the normal artisan cap with the addition of the summer festival worker. We were given a temp increase of +1 to the cap. When the cap reverted and the summer worker was removed, the totals bugged on all characters that were at the adjusted max.
    kreatyve said:

I already did, shortly after making this bug report. They replied today to say it's a bug, thus not their purview.
    zephyriah said:

It seems to be characters that went over the normal artisan cap with the addition of the summer festival worker. We were given a temp increase of +1 to the cap. When the cap reverted and the summer worker was removed, the totals bugged on all characters that were at the adjusted max.

Not me. I deliberately kept one empty artisan slot, because I was afraid something like this would happen. It happened anyway.

On at least one other character, I allowed it to stay at max artisans, and the bug doesn't appear to have occurred there.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    I am at the max, 20 Artisans with a Rank 3 Workshop, and was not impacted by this issue.
    Nothing has changed, but I saw the hidden artisan sitting at the table in the workshop. So she is definitely hidden, not dismissed.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The thread has been forwarded to the dev team for further investigation.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • dixie#3800 dixie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My Jeweler is also missing.
    kreatyve said:

The thread has been forwarded to the dev team for further investigation.

Are the devs working on this? It's concerning that we haven't heard it's fixed internally, or anything.
    Any word on when this will be fixed?
  • mrdanthedeadman#3794 mrdanthedeadman Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Had a similar issue, submitted a ticket but they just wrote it off as a visual bug... The game was telling me I had one more armorer than I actually had, so instead of 18/20 total it was always showing 19/20. When I would recruit a 19th artisan, 20 according to the game, I wouldn't be able to recruit anymore. Support told me it was a visual bug so I tried it again, this time it let me recruit an actual 20th artisan. The downside is that when I did, it randomly dropped one of my other artisans.
    I think because the game thinks you have 20/20 artisans already, even though you only have 19, recruiting artisan 20 causes an error where the game thinks you have 21 artisans and just randomly kicks one.
    Five months now we can't use our missing artisans. I don't want to hire or dismiss anyone else, knowing it will probably make a bigger mess.

What happens when you update Masterwork again and we still can't use our artisans?

What happens when Summer Festival comes back around and more artisans go missing?
    The deadline to fix this is fast approaching. Summer Festival is seven or eight weeks away.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    I also have four characters which were affected but not the rest. I am missing one artisan in Jewelry in two characters, missing one artisan in Artificing in my third character, and missing one artisan in Armorsmithing in my fourth character. My four characters are of different classes and I don't see what the cause might be other than what others have posted in regards to the Summer Festival.

I'm hoping the Developers have fixed issue and we can hopefully receive an update.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
    11 days now
    My hidden Armorer is still hidden, now that the Summer Festival has begun.

The Summer Artisan remains hidden too, like others have reported.

Suggestion to fix both bugs at once: don't hide any artisans. Let us keep the Summer Artisan all year. Just hide the Summer Provisioning profession itself, like the Gond profession gets hidden.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    The same for me as well, no change from what I posted months ago. I am still missing one artisan in Jewelry in two characters, missing one artisan in Artificing in my third character, and missing one artisan in Armorsmithing in my fourth character.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
    This bug is still not fixed. My hidden Armorer appeared normally when the Summer Artisans were reset, but now that the event is over, she has been hidden again, and I can't use her.
  • colos#7661 colos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Last year this bug did not happen to me, but I had one open artisan slot. This year my artisans were full and when the summer artisan left I can't access one of my adventurers. It shows I have 4 in manage artisans but when I go to select them it only shows 3. One has disappeared just like has been described above, VERY ANNOYING!
    edited August 2020
    This bug is still not fixed after today's patch which addressed the Summer Artisan.

Not that they said the hidden artisans would be fixed, but I hoped it might be a side effect.

tenteijashugan is still reporting the same issue August 9 on another thread.
    edited November 2020
    Two more players, cluster1022 and bladesfm, are reporting the same bug. I believe oleg175 and firlefanz are also affected by this bug. I still have the bug too. Please fix it.
    Please fix this before any updates to Masterwork.
    This is still not fixed.
    This is still not fixed.