What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new limited time campaign: The Redeemed Citadel - requirements

2»

Answers

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    jelara1 said:

adinosii said:

You need to have reached the end of the Avernus campaign (finisheded "A mote of Virtue") , but not completed the campaign, in the sense that you do not need to have gotten all the boon points.

This is extremely disappointing to hear that limited time content (play now or its gone forever) is locked behind currency limited advancement content. There's no way to rush the campaign if you haven't finished it. It takes several weeks. If true, this seems like a huge mistake. Something they needed to be advertising in huge letters in every place possible more than a month ago.

Looking at Asterdahl's post on Reddit, all you miss is the opportunity to get some items for free. The items will still be available to you in the Citadel shop, but at a price.

You will miss the community feeling of helping to unlock the Citadel though. But that is how it is, you have already missed a lot of events if you join the game at this time.. for instance ToO :)
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    i love how they manage to describe things so clearly that there can never be any misinterpretation. however i pasted the dev blog into google translate, and what came back was '$$$4us, $$$4us. $$$4us'... obviously google doesnt recognize devblog as an official world language.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I have no idea how difficult it will be to earn the many thousands of these rewards necessary, but I am assuming only personal rewards per character will be counted ( otherwise players with mutiple toons will have an advantage). Having said that, what are the odds of us finding a tank or healer for dungeons as everyone concentrates on their dps for maximum kills during the event?
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    This limited time event = not my kind of fun. 28K is way too much. Tried to kill mobs. Not even one per normal mob. So, I should kill +/- 25K mobs + weekly "quest" (though i still don't know why my queue quest still counts as not finished - probably again some bug) ?!?! Did i get something wrong. Are there any normal way to collect them or should i just buy all with zen ?
    Post edited by thany#4351 on
  • sob44sob44 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I bought the reforger's blessings knowing that I'd never be able to earn any personal rewards otherwise. So I have to earn 28000 favor X4 and that will probably take me a year as I'm a casual player that only plays an hour or so a day. And that is only on one character. Can we make this an account wide unlock please? By the time I unlock the new weapons for each character they will be obsolete.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    sob44 said:

I bought the reforger's blessings knowing that I'd never be able to earn any personal rewards otherwise. So I have to earn 28000 favor X4 and that will probably take me a year as I'm a casual player that only plays an hour or so a day. And that is only on one character. Can we make this an account wide unlock please? By the time I unlock the new weapons for each character they will be obsolete.

You probably won't have a year. This probably will be gone when the event ends.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited August 2020

sob44 said:

You probably won't have a year. This probably will be gone when the event ends.
    Well,
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477213-the-redeemed-citadel!

"This exciting new limited time campaign will only run once, culminating in the full restoration of the citadel! Be sure to participate as each milestone becomes available over the next few months. Once the next module releases, the Redeemed Citadel will disappear from the Sword Coast Chronicles for those who have not participated. Those who have will always be able to review their past participation or claim any unclaimed rewards. And of course, those who purchased a blessing may earn personal progress whensoever they choose. Note; however, that blessings may only be purchased before the associated milestone ends!"

says otherwise, but it wouldn't surprise me, when the release of a new module messes up something with gathering Zariel's favor for the personal progression...

Anyway, it also would have been nice, if they had made the "personal progression" account-wide instead of having to grind through this with each character over and over again.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    sob44 said:

Uhm....just go and Farm HEs.... getting 5000 in a single afternoon is easy.

As for account wide....after you have received the rewards, you are supposed to be able to reclaim account-bound ones, so your alts can enjoy the same stuff as you get.

Hoping for improvements...
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Right now I would really just appreciate it if someone could explain how the Reforger's Blessings work in relation to the limited time event.

Let's say I buy the big pack. I read this in the dev blog...

"If you're not sure you'll be able to complete the goals in time: a reforger's blessing will be available in the zen market that allows the bearer to earn personal progress at their own pace, even after a milestone ends. This account wide purchase also unlocks additional personal rewards including the new premium aasimar playable race which will unlock for those who purchase all four blessings and claim the personal rewards for all four milestones."

So what does that really mean?

I can just keep on playing my game as I like to play it and work my way up to where I can run the Avernus campaign and then when I get to the magic point in that then I can start this?

That buying the blessings keeps it set aside for me to play at my leisure?

Or do I just get to unlock the milestones by killing stuff but not get to play any of the missions?

I'm sitting on a little over 14K IL right now. I could drop everything that I am doing, jump in to Undermountain to try and get my IL up and be more ready for Avernus, then start Avernus and hope to get some better gear there, and then, finally, start this new thing and that will still take me a while; Quite possibly more time than the event will run.

And because my patience in playing has also translated into "not pursuing AD above all else", if I do buy this "Reforger's Blessing" bundle I will have to buy a fair bit of zen with actual cash, and my old crippled self doesn't have piles of that laying around. If I buy this I want to know exactly what I am getting for my money.

What will I get to do and what won't I get to do if I buy this as opposed to running it right now or waiting until it is over?
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I agree with the poster who said 28,000 IL is too high of a requirement.

A DPS character with all BiS equipment , max rank everything, and all boons will likely be around 27,000 to 28,000 IL. Why require topend players to ditch good gear for higher IL gear just to qualify?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2020

A DPS character with all BiS equipment , max rank everything, and all boons will likely be around 27,000 to 28,000 IL. Why require topend players to ditch good gear for higher IL gear just to qualify?

Hmmm! Where did the 28K IL came from? The only 28K reference I saw was (earning) 28K favor and not IL level.
    I am playing with a 23K IL character and got over 6K favor so far.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2020

The comment "28K is way too much" referred to the number of favours, not IL. You need 21K IL to participate, although I would say that in general you want 23K IL to be comfortable (as I said in the second post in this thread).

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Oh look monthly treadmills to complete and if you miss one month...
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Now that i know a few thing this event look a bit better:
    1 - there a minimun time set for each milestone that is around 28days, first mlestone stay at least till setptember 15 morning, that means around 1k/day played, or more like my style 7/week

2- ALL weeklys will stay possible to be completed that makes much easier to reach the 7k/week

3- All quest will pay more than twice the Favor they used to pay from next pacth (see patch notes

4- After reading reedit, there are posts from dev that afirm that only the race and fashion stuff in the baar will be locked behinf the reforger blessings, is said there that anythng will be possible to buy from favors "in the various stores that will be unlocked" that gives me a much better feeling...