test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make dungeons fun again

jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
In my opinion dungeons are way to easy now days, they are more like walking simulations than dungeons. If you have 1 decent melee dps or a xuna build in the group, you just walk from door to door, all enemies just get 1-2 shotted by the first dps to reach them.

I wish that all trash mobs in the game would have their HP at least trippled and their outgoing dmg raised a bit.
The HP part so that every fight is actually a fight and so that dot-classes also would feel usable in aoe.

Why i think that the outgoing dmg of enemies ahould be raised is because i also feel that dps should not be able to tank. Right now we dont need tanks to stay alive outside of tomm and maybe ic.

From my understanding some of the changes mod 16 brought was partly made because devs felt that players should not be able to solo dungeons or one phase bosses but that idea failed big time. You can now solo almost every dungeon in the game, the exceptions are the ones that have mechanics that require more than 1 person. Now random pug groups can one phase most bosses instead of only tailored groups with well timed buffs, as was the case for mod 15.

Sorry for a long rant, It just kinda makes me sad to see how alot has been ruined in the game.

I would like to add tho that I'm happy with some of the changes to tanking and healing in post mod16 nw. I do miss the old feats and recovery stat but i realize that they will never return, but making dungeons more fun should be possible.

Ty // Jake

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    The rewards from dungeons have to be improved first if they are going to increase mobs/boss damage and HP. But that won't happen because the best rewards are gated at end game dungeons/trials that required at least a decent team of dps/heal/tank.

If you like a challenge, you can solo these easy dungeons yourself and even more challenging make it hardcore/reduced item level to min, heck bring a group of friends, but I doubt most will join since the rewards are not worth the time.

Leave these dungeons be, most need them for daily ADs, no fun spamming hopelessly looking for a tank or heal.
  • jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I get your point for sure, i guess i just dont completely agree. I myself and many of my friends dont play only for the drops, we play cause we want to play and our goal is not to just be done with dungeon as fast as possible like some kind of chore.

I have soloed alot of the dungeons but i dont play an mmo to run solo.
    And to me its just wrong to be able to solo fbi without any deaths. That dungeon used to be a real test for tanks, even in mod 15. Now its a joke.

But a good change would be to add master versions of the dungeons and offer better rewards for these. Or if you want to add even more replayability, add tiers to some of the dungeons and leaderboards for them, just like greater rifts work in diablo 3.