test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bloodletter

tuna#6129 tuna Member Posts: 24 Arc User
with the new changes to healing and the size of overshields being given combined with the lionheart buff/new weapons it is much easier for hard hitting barbs to end up killing themselves espicially in zariel even with 550k hp with how hard mechanics hit in there. i'm not sure this was looked into or not when the healing changes were being tested and the resault is a class already underperforming in comparison to arbiters haveing to nerf them selves by holding an encounter or running the other feat the other option is taking the chance of killing themselves in content they cant afford extra random deaths. any others opions or changes to help maximize dps and not die is welcome.

as always ty for your time, tuna

Comments

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    It's the entire point of the Feat; You gain a disgustingly powerful Encounter Power in exchange for recoil damage.

Just removing the self heal would not be an equivalent exchange for the Magnitude boost and would only result in a pointless Feat.

I have wiped close to 40% of my health with it before on Crit. but why doesn't that concern me? Because I know exactly the cost of using it, I know the risk and I make sure I'm willing to pay the price for it.

People who want to use it but are inherently bad at managing their health should invest in a Bloodtheft enchant if it's such a problem for them.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    If barbarians were the top dps by some huge margin, all solely due to bloodletter, you might have a leg to stand on. But they are not. Barbarians are merely keeping pace with everyone else, yet as far as I know, only barbarians are saddled with what amounts to a required feat that lops off huge chunks of health every 12 seconds. If we're going to have to trade health for damage, our damage should literally be the highest in the game, with no other class even being close.

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I do agree...it's the only class that must hurt itself to deal damage. And to be honest, the damage is way too much. 25% hp, 40% hp...plus i kind of recall the devs saying that the bloodletter rework was supposed to take away the self-damage, and just decrease the cooldown.
    Btw, it's unbalanced. You take away the self heal, reduce cooldown and make it deal a ton of damage, which limits how often you can use it, basically nullifying the cooldown reduction. You increase magnitude, but you force the guy to invest in HP and survivability to avoid killing himself, which means they have to sacrifice offensive stats...
    "normal" bloodletter deals 500+ damage AND self heals for the amount of damage inflicted. We might say it's 500+ magnitude damage and 500+ magnitude healing (let's say it's a 1000+ "gain", equally split between offense and survivability). With bloodspiller, the magnitude is less than doubled (900+), the cooldown reduced by 3 sec (balances the fact that the damage is not doubled) and the self-heal is removed. This would already be balanced, with it being a switch to total offense, sacrificing the huge self-heal part (survivability). But with the monster damage reflected back to the barbarian, it pretty much is worse than the "normal" bloodletter...
    Normal bloodletter = 500 magnitude dmg + 500 magnitude heal (1000+ "gain")
    Bloodspiller = 900 magnitude dmg + 3 sec cooldown reduction - 300-400ish magnitude self-damage (?????)

Must apply a very special logic to think that it's balanced this way...
  • tuna#6129 tuna Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

It's the entire point of the Feat; You gain a disgustingly powerful Encounter Power in exchange for recoil damage.

Just removing the self heal would not be an equivalent exchange for the Magnitude boost and would only result in a pointless Feat.

I have wiped close to 40% of my health with it before on Crit. but why doesn't that concern me? Because I know exactly the cost of using it, I know the risk and I make sure I'm willing to pay the price for it.

People who want to use it but are inherently bad at managing their health should invest in a Bloodtheft enchant if it's such a problem for them.

i have an end game barb and lst mod on crits during the everything call i took 40-70% of my health now i take 60-100% with an encounter thats up every 12 seconds so you can't health stone for every one 60-100% of my hp is rediculess, this is with hp over 400k in tomm and 500+ in zariel if it was only 40% i wouldn't be complaining.