test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount Changes

kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
edited August 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
I was soooooo tempted to buy a legendary mount with account unlock on the AH multiple times over the past few weeks. Now I'm soooooooo glad I waited. SO glad. :)=);)

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    The changes look interesting.

Not entirely sure how my stable will look when it goes live, but this is a thing that people have been looking for at least as long as we have been able to upgrade companions.

Some things seem like unnecessary changes, but they may have been required to get the system to work.

I'll be awaiting final word on when these changes will be going live.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Would you mind posting a link to the mount announcement? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Thanks.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I just kind of chuckled when I read it as I knew back when they removed upgrading of mounts that it would be back in some form.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the current leg mounts have better equip powers than the generic ones that will be given out. so it wouldn't have been bad.
  • nevermore#3510 nevermore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    greywynd said:
    The statement "All players will now have 2 mount speeds. The first speed is as fast as the existing Legendary mount speed. The second speed is the same as the speed for Uncommon (green) quality mounts..." can be understood in 2 ways.

1.) All players will get the green AND legendary mount speed no matter which mount they had before. This is what I hope it means and I think that's the general message.

2.) If I were really paranoid and take that statement more... technically, I could as well interpret it as "in the future there will only be 2 mount speeds for all players. The legendary one and the green one. Players who acquired a legendary before this update, will have those 2 movement speeds available, while the uncommon to epics have the trot until they unlock a legendary"

While I sincerely doubt no 2 to be a possibility... I'd rather put my thoughts out here. I've seen too many things happen to not have some tinfoil-hat read between the lines urge.
    --------------------------------------

On a totally different note, since this update will be regarding mounts, I wonder if Tieflings will be able to have tails when mounted? Idc if they have no physics, it is just so...wrong for then to just disapper. I'd also really love to see some claws/fingernails on our hands (I mean, Makos looks great) and wouldn't mind if they clip through gloves. Everything's better than those weird wienerfingers.... TY *bows
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @nevermore#3510 I would bet actual money that they mean everyone gets legendary speed from the way everything else is written. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. they also mention how they believe leg mounts will not be diminished in value because the mount power will still be better than the generic one.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Not really looking forward to this. Seems like a big pain in the butt. Guess we'll see.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Not really looking forward to this. Seems like a big pain in the butt. Guess we'll see.

Sure we will have to put more work into our characters now, however they aren't taking anything away. Most people will even get a speed boost right away, not to mention the mount bolster bonus increasing whatever bonus you have right now. This will make harder content like ToMM and ZC easier to get into.
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I can't wait for this to go live! Very excited about this change. The one thing I notice is that it says all companions from the zen market will be account-wide. It would be nice if all Legendary mounts became account-wide. Also will the Mythic mounts be account-wide? Or will we have to upgrade mounts to Mythic on all of our alts individually? Being that we need 10 Mythic's to reach 100% bolster it would be nice to have them be account-wide. Different classes would still need different Mythic mounts for stats/combat powers but it would be nice to have a few that are universally good to share across alts.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, i doubt that full mythic mounts will be so easy to come by after this update goes life, and then they'll probably be per character for a while, before the Devs start bringing account-wide ones into the game - i mean, what would be the point of coming up with those shiny new Mount Upgrade Tokens, if anyone could just go straight for the mythic mounts instead, right?

Anyway, i was thinking about getting another account-wide legendary mount, but i guess i'll wait and see how this plays out first... and i think i'll also hold on to my lockbox keys, until those "Lockbox Adjustments" go life too...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nevermore#3510 nevermore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @thefiresidecat I'm relieved and happy to hear that. Thank you. =)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    I am glad that I am so lazy that I did not equip any legendary mount to any of my toon. I do have the 3 account-wide legendary mount pack, 1 account-wide legendary mount and 2 legendary mount in the inventory. Now, I can see how this will play out.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    So very confused as to why my Legendary Mount Power of +10% movement became 3.5% and how that's ever supposed to be raised back to 10%.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User

So very confused as to why my Legendary Mount Power of +10% movement became 3.5% and how that's ever supposed to be raised back to 10%.

You get 10 mythic mounts, then the bolster raises it back to 10%.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Well, i guess it's better to just buy account-wide mythic mounts when they are released into the game through new lockboxes and their prices are lower because the market is flooded with them, then to upgrade xy mounts on a single character...

Btw. looking at how my ItemLevel pretty much "exploded" after this update, i also guess that the next Hell Pit event will be very interesting to play through with the IL scaling in it. :#
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Cryptic took advantage of this glorious opportunity to nerf all the mounts at their current values so that you have to spend to get back what you already had.
This discussion has been closed.