test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mount upgrades.. so when goes live???

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
as title says, when does it go live? soon i'm thinking because normally not a ton of heads up on this stuff?

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I assume this is the first "Surprise" that was due on the Road Map. I'd long expected it to be Mythic Mounts, but had no idea that there would be this much attached development.
    So yeah... Well Done Cryptic for keeping this under your hat.

It's technically an update, so we shouldn't see the same level of compliance approval via MS/Sony that we get with new mods. So consoles might expect to see it much sooner after PC than usual...

Dare we even hold our breaths for... a simultaneous launch???

Even though it's supposed to be a surprise, I imagine there will be at least a week or so, to give people enough time to discover the changes, so they don't end up buying stuff at 3500 Zen and then complaining they weren't given enough of a warning of the changes... and going on to HAMSTER and moan demanding refunds, and "How dare they!!!" etc.

It might be an idea for this change to be posted on the loading page, so that people who don't use forum or Twitter etc, to be aware that such a big change is coming.
    That way no one has the "No one told me" excuse to HAMSTER about it. (IMO they should do this as a matter of course for all upcoming changes, but so far, so... never happened.)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I think it's safe to say it will be simultaneous. they posted it on the console pages as well as the pc page. they usually only do this kind of thing close to a launch. maybe it's really weeks off yet but they don't usually post this sort of thing so far out.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Considering that the response has generally been quite positive, they are not going to have to backpedal and rework some design issues - and they want this in the game ASAP, because until those changes to live there will be a drop in Zen store activity.

I would not be surprised to see this on Preview by the end of this week....and go live soon afterwards...Sept 10th, maybe ? This assumes it is relatively bug-free by now, of course.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    When will they give us the free mount pack. The prices have dropped to 1500 zen and the collar appears in the mount tab but can’t claim this free pack they say they are given to everyone. I am playing on Xbox one.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @penybont They stated that Xbox/PS4 will get this free mount pack most likely September 22; after maintenance.
  • penybontpenybont Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

@penybont They stated that Xbox/PS4 will get this free mount pack most likely September 22; after maintenance.

I don’t recall them saying that when I loaded up game