test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Citadel event - obtainable items question

k4rv4kk4rv4k Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hi folks, just another question about this new event bloody citadel.
Are those shiny new items (rings, pet items etc.) obtainable only after purchasing the zen bundle or are they aviable to every players, rewarding the grind of zariel's favour?
Thought you could obtain those new pet items waiting the proper milestone reach but as stated in the in game shop "you will be able to purchase em only if you unlock those items". Considering they are in the zen path, those items will be aviable only if you get the zen bundle? In the case, you could purchase just one bundle (for example the milestone IV for pet items) or you have to buy the whole bundle?
After submitting a ticket, the reply said it's "correct" (obtain the items just after zen bundle purchase) but also that the zen bundle grants "extra" rewards compared to the free path above.
Read a few asking the same thing but didn't read a clear reply about this.
Thanks in advantage.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    k4rv4k said:

Hi folks, just another question about this new event bloody citadel.
    Are those shiny new items (rings, pet items etc.) obtainable only after purchasing the zen bundle or are they aviable to every players, rewarding the grind of zariel's favour?
    Thought you could obtain those new pet items waiting the proper milestone reach but as stated in the in game shop "you will be able to purchase em only if you unlock those items". Considering they are in the zen path, those items will be aviable only if you get the zen bundle? In the case, you could purchase just one bundle (for example the milestone IV for pet items) or you have to buy the whole bundle?
    After submitting a ticket, the reply said it's "correct" (obtain the items just after zen bundle purchase) but also that the zen bundle grants "extra" rewards compared to the free path above.
    Read a few asking the same thing but didn't read a clear reply about this.
    Thanks in advantage.

The following is my understanding.

In order to get the bottom layer reward, you need 2 things:
    1. buy the blessing of the milestone AND
    2. grind to get the right amount of favors.

If you just want the pet item in milestone 4, you need:
    1. the blessing of the milestone 4 AND
    2. grind to get the right amount of favors.

The blessing of the milestone 4 can be obtained as a standalone purchase (when it is still in milestone 4) or the full bundle.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Today I got 15k Zariel's Favor, got the 2 first upper rewards, but the bottom rewards are locked.

That means you need to buy that pack to unlock the bottom rewards
    2fv72Fw.png
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    exgardian said:

Today I got 15k Zariel's Favor, got the 2 first upper rewards, but the bottom rewards are locked.

That means you need to buy that pack to unlock the bottom rewards

This has been clear from the start.

To clarify further, if you look at the campaign UI in the blog post, there are four rewards along the top, and four along the bottom. The four along the top can be earned regardless of whether a reforger's blessing is purchased. The four along the bottom require the purchase of a reforger's blessing.

Additionally, the aasimar themselves require that all four blessings are purchased, and the personal rewards from all four milestones are claimed. In other words, the aasimar will not be available as a playable race until the fourth milestone is available on live later this year.

Now, the "free" top line rewards are OK - The weapon set is a nice upgrade from Legion (third best set in the game after Lionheart and Celestial), and the 100.000 AD is always welcom.

The bottom-tier rewards are the interesting ones...some cosmetic stuff, but the interesting stuff is the following:
    • IL 1100 Rings (Milestones I/II, part 3) DPSers will generally like the Gold ring, the Silver ring is good for some classes, and the other two may be interesting for tanks.
    • IL 1100 Pants (Milestone III, part 3) Those pants are a good upgrade for most players. Unfortunately the same is not ture for the shirt.
    • IL 1100 Companion gear x3 (Milestone IV, part 3) Now this sounds good, but the combination of stats and slots, means that those items are generally not a simple upgrade for existing items, but may require extensive rearragnement of gear to get to optimal stat allocation.
    Also, there is the Asimar race.

Now, I don't know about you, but I think it is quite fair to pay 4000 Zen for this.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Now, I don't know about you, but I think it is quite fair to pay 4000 Zen for this.

This all assumes you are willing to grind your hamster for it. For four months. That is some commitment. Seriously - I failed to force myself to make 7k on the week one. Got half - and I am already drained. Looking at that, there is no point in any further trying.

Now, the buyout would let me do it "at my own pace". However, that means I do not get those rewards after 1-4 months months of grind, rather 2-8 at best (as I know myself, I would consider 12 months "fast" to actually unlock the Asimar race) - and that assumes the area will still be populated enough for quick mass BHE once the event is over. That is quite... unlikely. As well, you would be fool to expect that once you finally snailed it to the finishing line, the rewards would be considered a good choice for anyone. After a year. Seriously. :'(

So, yes, if you are the grind type, this event is for you. However, even the Zen market purchase makes sense only if you are the grind type. If you are not... Fortunately, you are not missing anything important.
    edited August 2020
    rikitaki said:

adinosii said:

This all assumes you are willing to grind your hamster for it. For four months.
    You only need one hour per day....is that so terrible ?
    rikitaki said:

Now, the buyout would let me do it "at my own pac Fortunately, you are not missing anything important.

Well, for many players (everyone who does not have the Lionheart or Celestial weapons), the Blessed weapons will be the best option available.

From the "paid" tier, one or two of the rings, possibnly the partns and possibly one or two of the companions items may be BiS for many (maybe most) builds. That is important to many players.

edited August 2020
    @adinosii Rings do not bring any tangible improvement over the 990IL versions, so scratch that. Pants are too far in the grind (and with a funny drop in IL), single companion gear is mostly rather pointless... except probably quite valuable CA - but that have mixed slots, so no go.
    edit: Oh, I forgot the weapons... that are questionably on par with Lionheart set, which is going to be a one year old now. Jackpot. And 4 months will take you to restore them. <3

And as for your "one hour of day"... Staring on a map transfer page so I can click there within a few seconds is the exact opposite of fun. So, even if you are lucky enough that it is "just one hour per day", it is draining. And you can notice, once mobs are dead, people cannot be bothered to free the souls imprisoned right next to them, or even directly leave, so the BHE has a rather ridiculous tinge already. Look forward to the future 4 months! :/

Doing quests is pointless. To get the weapons "only", due to the map layout, you would spend about 8 hours just moving around. Just picking and returning quests, and some travelling in between those. Notice, that does not include "doing" the quest. To get the weapons, 8 hours of riding and driving. Oh, sure, you can spend all your gained currency for a teleportation scroll, that cuts the time a little! Amazing! And next month again, for upgrades.

Enough of my rant. As I said, the event is for grinders. If you do not like the grind, you are missing next to nothing, so no big deal.
    edited August 2020
    rikitaki said:

@adinosii Rings do not bring any tangible improvement over the 990IL versions, so scratch that.

I disagree - the benefits can be significant. If I switch from the Gold Plated ring to the (new) Gold ring of the Herald, the 90 points in combined ratings are insignificant, but the rings have a differnt stat distribution, which allows me to lower my AP and increase my CS, which actually suits me perfectly, so yes, there is a significant benefit for me, and probably some others.
    rikitaki said:

Pants are too far in the grind (and with a funny drop in IL),

There are pants with a 1200 IL, but they do not have the same bonus ... so the pants are an upgrade from the IL 1010 pants which do have this bonus.
    rikitaki said:

single companion gear is mostly rather pointless... except probably quite valuable CA - but that have mixed slots, so no go.

That depends entirely on your build, and your role. I did say "possibly one or two of the companions items". In my own case, I only want one of them.
    rikitaki said:

edit: Oh, I forgot the weapons... that are questionably on par with Lionheart set,

I don't think anyone using Lionheart will want this set, but they are a very significant upgrade for anyone still using Alabaster or Burnished, and a decent upgrade for those using Legion or Hellfire.
    rikitaki said:

And as for your "one hour of day"... Staring on a map transfer page so I can click there within a few seconds is the exact opposite of fun.

Uhm. I am not talking about BHE farming, which I do find mind-numbingly boring, but if you go that route you and do one BHE every 4-5 minutes, and get around 130 favours from each, it really does not take that long to get 1000 per day.....which is all you need. 1000 in one hour is what you can do by doing the quests, and finding a good route to kill mobs...not as effectiove as the BHEs, but less boring.

Also, in a few days the hunts will become available - I assume they will grant some favours too.

Anyhow...unless you want to reach one of the top-100 spots, I find this no more grindy than the Summer festival or the Siege.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    adinosii said:

I disagree - the benefits can be significant. If I switch from the Gold Plated ring to the (new) Gold ring if the Herald, the 90 points in combined ratings are insignificant, but the rings have a differnt stat distribution, which allows me to lower my AP and increase my CS, which actually suits me perfectly, so yes, there is a significant benefit for me, and probably some others.

Sure, if your stats were in a wrong distribution, you have an opportunity here. On the other hand, if you spent your time in fine tuning, the new mix and effort attached to it is just... pointless.
    adinosii said:

There are pants with a 1200 IL, but they do not have the same bonus ... so the pants are an upgrade from the IL 1010 pants which do have this bonus.

Well, I did not find the 1010IL pant bonus working in the first place, so I had no idea why would anyone pay any attention to it.
    adinosii said:

That depends entirely on your build, and your role. I did say "possibly one or two of the companions items". In my own case, I only want one of them.

Honestly, I... It is back to the ring problem. If you spent some time balancing your stats and more or less succeeded - the new items are not useful for you anymore. If you have some miss-matching pieces, you might find there a solution to your problem, but it is not improvement or "bis" item per se.
    adinosii said:

I don't think anyone using Lionheart will want this set, but they are a very significant upgrade for anyone still using Alabaster or Burnished, and a decent upgrade for those using Legion or Hellfire.

Here I disagree. You can have the Legion set fully upgraded within a week running around the Avernus. Celestial set will get close to the IL in three months of grind. The upgrade after is not exactly impressive considering losing the legion set bonus as well.
    If you are already set for four months of grind in Hell, you can obtain the Lionheart set in TOMM with less effort.
    adinosii said:

Uhm. I am not talking about BHE farming, which I do find mind-numbingly boring, but if you go that route you and do one BHE every 4-5 minutes, and get around 130 favours from each, it really does not take that long to get 1000 per day.....which is all you need. 1000 in one hour is what you can do by doing the quests, and finding a good route to kill mobs...not as effectiove as the BHEs, but less boring.

If the progress were shared between the chars, I might be willing to do so. It is not.
    adinosii said:

Also, in a few days the hunts will become available - I assume they will grant some favours too.

This is in my opinion touching one of the biggest problems of the event. It naturally lead me to ignore it within two days. You spent a day figuring out all the information... and end up with a notion "hey, perhaps it might get bearable, eventually?"
    Nope. Not for me. Have your hopes high if you want, but I have played this game for a long time now.
    adinosii said:

Anyhow...unless you want to reach one of the top-100 spots, I find this no more grindy than the Summer festival or the Siege.

Siege is grindy if you want vouchers, summer festival only if you want food supplies for a whole year. They are not grindy "to get what you paid for" (Asimar race). On the opposite, summer festival is even plain give-away for talking to the NPC, which is ridiculous.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    adinosii said:

rikitaki said:

adinosii said:

This all assumes you are willing to grind your hamster for it. For four months.
    You only need one hour per day....is that so terrible ?
    rikitaki said:

Now, the buyout would let me do it "at my own pac Fortunately, you are not missing anything important.

Well, for many players (everyone who does not have the Lionheart or Celestial weapons), the Blessed weapons will be the best option available.

From the "paid" tier, one or two of the rings, possibnly the partns and possibly one or two of the companions items may be BiS for many (maybe most) builds. That is important to many players.

I think BiS weapon all depends on how scaling works at any particular moment, money or time spent on a character, the content they play now, and the content the want to play next. The event weapon is the best single 'one-size' fits all weapon in my opinion. Lionheart downscales better to all dungeons and RTQs at this moment in time. For the easier content it really doesn't matter what weapon set you run, but for the ones we like to play, lets face it... 5% more damage is faster and feels good too. The set bonus on the new weapon set is almost non-existent, about 1% average over time.

So overall I agree with you... Celestial + Lionheart = BiS dual set
    The new weapon set is, however, is the next best Celestial replacement if you don't have that one yet.

edited August 2020
    rikitaki said:

On the other hand, if you spent your time in fine tuning, the new mix and effort attached to it is just... pointless.

I hve spent quite a lot of time on balancing the 7 different loadouts I have on my main, thank you, but on one of them I have 95K AP and 89K CS ... switching rings will suit me perfectly. The point is when you constantly have to fine-tune your gear when new gear appears, it is always nice to have options. I have almost all the IL 1010 companion gear pieces for examople, so I can swap them in and out, but it gets a bit complicated with multiiple loadouts.

My point is just that getting items with maybe just a slight stat improvement, but a different stat distribution, I have more options to reach a "perfect" stat allocation, and that is what makes the new gear "BiS" for me.
    rikitaki said:

Nope. Not for me. Have your hopes high if you want, but I have played this game for a long time now.

I am pretty sure I have been playing longer than you, but right now all I am hoping for is that the game will befome fun again. It has already lost most of the factors that made it fun for me - the flexibility, the Foundry, meningful guild activities and crafting, to name some of my "big" issues.

There are promises of crafting upgrades soon, and maybe that will improve things, but right now I am doing the new event because quite frankly there is not much else to do. Of course, there is a chance that the crafting upgrades will bring new weapons which will be better than the Blessed set, which will greatly upset many players....but somehow would not surprise me.

I am hoping the hunts will be fun, or something else will happen, otherwise I will probably be playing a lot less in a short while, when the "other" game I am playing reaches Beta, and I am no longer under their NDA:.....but that's not something I am going to discuss here.

I am also hoping that they will listen to some of my suggestions, like this one: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256953/four-problems-and-one-proposal but quite frankly my hope is faint.