test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

current avernus leaderboard high fliers

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
edited August 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
So the main question is how have the current leaderboard achieved 20K zariel points in way less than 24 hours ( for some of them maybe even as short as 12 hours or less ) ?
I find it hard to believe that it is achieved solely by farming . Even with the weeklies - they only give you about 3K .
Is there an exploit being utilised that the devs need to look into .
I've managed to get about 3.5K and that was farming for about 4 or 5 hours and doing the weeklies .
At this rate I will have no option but to buy reforgers in order to get my multitude of characters the required items .
Definetely not an event that is geared to the majority of casual players .

Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Most of those players in the leaderboard are farming BHEs which I heard gives 10 favors per critter+30 for completion. As far as the 20k maximum, that's how much you can hold, if you reach that point, you should spend it so you can earn more.
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    Yeah , I found out about the bhe's but still to my mind there's still no way to get to 20K doing bhe's only ( apart from the 5K you get from the weeklies ) in under 12 hours
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    actually reality is much simpler

1)there are bots
    2) cryptic failed to handle (or they just ignored it) item named "zariel favor" with placeholder icon that dropped early in m19 (bugfixed after +- week) those items can now be exchanged for 600 favor i had 3 myself but there are people with 20+ = instant 12k+ points
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    I can't even get the quest to start this..... not with Knox and not with Alric....
    Because the quest originates in the citadel near to where Zariel is
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    pelgrax said:

Because the quest originates in the citadel near to where Zariel is

Why do they say in PE or Vallenhas then ??? That is what it say in the game itself.... I don't know where the Citadel or Zariel is... Not everyone understand the way it's saying.....
    To partake in this event you have to have completed the campaign and have done the mote of justice quest .
    if you don't know where the citadel is then likely you haven't gotten this far yet .
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    The Mote of Virtue.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    If this turns out to be an exploit, I hope they put both versions of the vorpal in the zen store. Honest players always get punished by following the rules.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    pelgrax said:

So the main question is how have the current leaderboard achieved 20K zariel points in way less than 24 hours ( for some of them maybe even as short as 12 hours or less )

Not hard at all.....massive BHE farming and non-stop instance jumping. I'm only at 7K myself, but I only had a few hours to play yesterday. Another reason is that maps give 600 Favours pretty regularly ... I have gotten that from almost 20% of the maps I have used.

(And, yeah...there is an "exploit", which I will obviously not be discussing, but it only explains a small part of the gain)

Hoping for improvements...
    Well after adinosii said maps gave favours I had about 100 to use . In total I got favours from ONE of those maps .
    Like him I am at about 8K through farming and doing bhe's constantly for a few hours today and yesterday but I still can't see how people could have got to 20K within a 12 hour timeframe of the event starting
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The 600 favors from maps should be from the weekly challenge to open 5 maps.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User

actually reality is much simpler

1)there are bots
    2) cryptic failed to handle (or they just ignored it) item named "zariel favor" with placeholder icon that dropped early in m19 (bugfixed after +- week) those items can now be exchanged for 600 favor i had 3 myself but there are people with 20+ = instant 12k+ points

where do you turn them in if you happen to get one to drop yesterday?

as far i know they resolved that bug and they should no longer drop but if you have some simply double click them
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The 600 favors from maps should be from the weekly challenge to open 5 maps.

Ah, of course....you are right - ignore what I said earlier.,
    Hoping for improvements...
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    must be honest i am suprised there hasnt been an emergency patch yet
    we all know there is only one way to get 20k + favour in 24 hrs
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User

as far i know they resolved that bug and they should no longer drop but if you have some simply double click them
    double clicking tells me I already have the item from that reward or whatever it says about already having it in inventory.
    edited August 2020

double clicking tells me I already have the item from that reward or whatever it says about already having it in inventory.

strange ... this happened if you tried to open more than one per day in past ... today i opened a ll 3 withou error each for 600
  • northwind1974northwind1974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    After 27 hrs, the top flier has over 42K in ZF. I had placeholder ZF's but got error message as well. BHE, weekly, and quest turn in alone doesn't seem that this would add up. I guess if you had character grinding 24 hrs a day and just pass your character to someone else to grind while you slept? And PC is at 17% completion already. First milestone may be done by Sunday.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    While I don't doubt there a fair number of bots in the game, would the people that are making the top list really be stupid enough to be running bots? One would think that producing these massive amounts would have them scrutinized by the company.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    I'm just sad that this whole event devolved into spamming "+BHE please". Wondering if its going to be stuck like that the whole time.

Obviously turning in quests at the Citadel is too long of a walk, even if you want a break from BHE. Beyond ironic that a "prize" is teleport scrolls to there.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    obsiddia said:

I'm just sad that this whole event devolved into spamming "+BHE please". Wondering if its going to be stuck like that the whole time.

Obviously turning in quests at the Citadel is too long of a walk, even if you want a break from BHE. Beyond ironic that a "prize" is teleport scrolls to there.

well 50 per quest is insult .. considering basic monsters drop 1/3/5/10 you likely farm more by smashing anything in your way .. rather than traveling to citadel and back

While I don't doubt there a fair number of bots in the game, would the people that are making the top list really be stupid enough to be running bots? One would think that producing these massive amounts would have them scrutinized by the company.

definitely ... people openly bot openly all time .. and never seen anyone complaining about bans detection /ingame gm presence seems very low if any .. cryptic answer was always limiting source rather than detecting people

skill nodes = massively farmed by bots = nerfed so hard no one bothers to open them anymore
    barovia hunts = nerfed
    salvage runs = removed
    treasure enchantments = nerfed and capped
    foundry ? = blocked then removed

its likely also reason why we have account wide ad cap now .. theres definitely more bots than players who would farm ad 24/7
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

must be honest i am suprised there hasnt been an emergency patch yet
    we all know there is only one way to get 20k + favour in 24 hrs

please enlighten us.

Double clicking previously dropping zariel's favors also gives me error message. It seems cryptic created bugs just for some players as like I said in another thread, I am also unable to receive double weeklies as the moment I complete one, the other is not giving me reward. So, basically those players for which stuff is working as intended are screwed. Great work cryptic, thanks so much. Now compensation please.

actually while the old ones with placeholder text could be opened all at once .. the newlyd roped one during citadel leads to error
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    So many say botting is a problem, I disagree. It would have to be a pretty complex bot to read chat and move instances to where the BHE is up. Leaving a bot or even AFK farmer in an instance waiting for the BHE to respawn would give it what, 3 HEs an hour = at most 450 ish favors an hour.

6 weekly quests can be completed for favors, 2 x hardcore, 2 x regular, 200 demons, 5 treasure maps. I did my weeklies on day 1 and farmed demons and small HEs because I didn't know about the BHE rewards. That first day I had about 8000 Favors. Next day I only farmed BHEs for a while, I now have about 14,000 favors. Last night, I said eff it and did nothing for this campaign.

I'm averaging 140-160 favors per BHE and can jump every few mins to a new instance / BHE. That adds up in a hurry if you have the time and can put in the mindless endless grind.

You also need to keep in mind that there is no daily or weekly cap. Some people have nothing but time to run this. If your one of these folks, have fun reaching the top for a vorpal. If your not, forget about the top 100 and focus on reaching your 28k. There will be 4 weeks of weeklies that will help, there is also 4 weeks to gain extra favors doing quests off the dispatch board and doing HEs/enemy kills.

If you don't know what the dispatch board is you rushed the Avernus campaign without reading/watching. In the citadel there is a job board that gives quests that award 30-50 favors for each quest.
    and why the hell would someone make bot for bhe .... when favors drop from any kill on map the ones i seen camped 3-4 spawns 24h/day in one instance

BHE runs are mostly for weaker people as they cant clear map fast enought to get anywhere close to bhe results .. but if you can farm nonstop .. who caresif its bit less time effective

btw for bots there used to be ones that had no problems with running dungeons amd oopening skill nodes along way
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

and why the hell would someone make bot for bhe .... when favors drop from any kill on map the ones i seen camped 3-4 spawns 24h/day in one instance

Mob are not spawned fast enough. A bot to kill instance mob is too slow to be on the leaderboard even if it is run 24x7.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2020

Mob are not spawned fast enough. A bot to kill instance mob is too slow to be on the leaderboard even if it is run 24x7.

funny because if you look a little over avernus you realize there is person in specific place in avernus at any time of day farming just 3 groups of enemies using at will only and he is in top 10 ;) (or atleast was yesterday) and surprisingly hes not even that bizarre yo be obvious .... if i didnt farmed at that spot at random times and switching instances often i probably wouldnt even notice he does that 24/7

funny fact after killing only for hour if i played 24/7 with favor drop i manage to make from monsters only with no BHEs i would be first by miles( more than doubling) .... yay so killing monsters 12h/day is enought :D:D btw ... sooo while bot wont be ever as fast as player ...and would be bringing too much attention on self ... its definitely easy spot in top 100

not to mention some more shady approaches .... if you watch numbers a little you may notice there are cases when people move 11k+ within hour ( definitely possible 110% legit way)

so please have opinions but dont pretend it to not be complete clownfest i would be probably bit pissed by that if main reward wasnt bound enchantment that forces you pump 5M ad to upgrade it and then throw away when bis moves to another enchant

but yeah since i dont aim for top 100 i can just laught (and pray that time limited campaigns forcing casual players to pay 4k zen to even have chance of finishing it are not becoming normal)

because after severe decline in quality of content campaign style "kill whatever you want for hour every day" is last bit for me