test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aasimar Race - Stats

bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
***English is not my native language.***

Now that I know, that I have to pay Zen to unlock the race (I´m fine with that, you guys and girls have to earn money) I just wonder if I can get
clear Information about how the race can be benefitial for my gameplay. What is the Bonuspower, is it a better looking metallic Dragonborn or a better looking Gith? (I like Gith, but they are not realy usefull). Which stats can I expect.

If I got it right, there will be a special discount before the redeemed Citadel is released (I play on PS4 not PC). If the race is comparable to the
metallic Dragonborn, then I will buy it, even if I have to wait about an year to finally unlock the race.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Like the Gith, it is entirely possible it will be free for a short period when it drops so long as you log in.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Like the Gith, it is entirely possible it will be free for a short period when it drops so long as you log in.

Thanks for your answer, but
    that is not what Asterdahl stated in his reddit interview. But as I sayed, english is not my native language. Maybe i misunderstood.

What I realy wanted to know is, is this race usefull or just cosmetic? I used the example of Gith and Dragonborn. Dragonborns are Usefull, Gith are more a cosmetic race, for those who like the look. Yes, before anyone comments: I know that there are people out there, who like the look of a dragonborn. Thats ok for me.

What do I get as a player, when I purchase the new race?

3% HP, 3% more outgoing Healing, ...?

• gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    lola#4826 said:

greywynd said:

Thanks for your answer, but
    that is not what Asterdahl stated in his reddit interview. But as I sayed, english is not my native language. Maybe i misunderstood.

What I realy wanted to know is, is this race usefull or just cosmetic? I used the example of Gith and Dragonborn. Dragonborns are Usefull, Gith are more a cosmetic race, for those who like the look. Yes, before anyone comments: I know that there are people out there, who like the look of a dragonborn. Thats ok for me.

What do I get as a player, when I purchase the new race?

3% HP, 3% more outgoing Healing, ...?

Aasimar Race:

Ability score:

Grants you +2 to any two stats

Celestial Presence:

Grants all nearby party members a 1% increase to maximum Hit points. This effect does not stack.

Celestial Superiority:
    Your damage dealt, outgoing healing, incoming healing and Hit points are increase by 1%, you take 1% less damage from all source.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    About Celestial Presence, the player will also get the 1% HP alongside with Celestial Superiority, summing 2% HP ?
    2fv72Fw.png
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    greywynd said:

quite unlikely ... its locked behind citadel buyout if they planned to give it up for free they wouldnt require premium unlock effectively making aasimar free to get for less than month but be realistic dragonborn is p2w wildly overpowered race gith is useless cosmetic race that was released for free ... now they give us another OP race with potential to compete against lizard ... are you really believing they would give it out free?
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Will there be other ways to unlock Aasimar? If you didn't buy blessing 1 but we are at blessing 2, can you go back and buy blessing 1? At the end will players be given an option to purchase all past blessings?
    No. You must purchase a blessing before the milestone associated finishes. The bundle is available for players who are not sure if they will be able to participate or be around. If you bought the first blessing but aren't sure if you'll be able to complete the next milestone, the bundle will be prorated in the Zen Market so you can get it for the cost of the bundle minus the cost of the first blessing you bought separately.

from
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1257475/redeemed-citadel-additional-information
    Sorry, I don´t get it... I can buy a bundle with all 4 blessings. After I bought them I have unlimited time to claim all rewards in all 4 milestones. I can aslo buy 1 blessing per milestone but only until the milestone ends. So if I dont´t buy all 4 blessing in advance or each blessing before the individual milestone ends, I will be never ever able to unlock the aasima race???
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    @lola yeah, that's my understanding. this whole thing is very problematic imo. they need to just give a buy out for the race separate of these milestones. the amount of grind they're asking for from EVERYONE for this is really outrageous. some have the time some don't. and those that do have the time will probably burn out from the game and put something else in. this isn't exactly a fun grind. they could have made the coins from dungeons repeatable. grinding a dungeon is a great deal more fun than doing Bhes repeatedly. EVEN THEN:

assuming everyone can do it and will do it is bad. in the last few days so many people have talked about quitting the game because the grind is stupid. Grind is great when you can profit from it and those who don't want to grind can buy what you're grinding. grind is bad when bis ptw items are bound behind it. the Aasimer is going to be bis. if for no other reason than close to DB but can wear hats and look good in fashion. lol. they really really need to rethink this. I don't know why they thought we wanted this.

@lola yeah, that's my understanding. this whole thing is very problematic imo. they need to just give a buy out for the race separate of these milestones. the amount of grind they're asking for from EVERYONE for this is really outrageous. some have the time some don't. and those that do have the time will probably burn out from the game and put something else in. this isn't exactly a fun grind. they could have made the coins from dungeons repeatable. grinding a dungeon is a great deal more fun than doing Bhes repeatedly. EVEN THEN:

assuming everyone can do it and will do it is bad. in the last few days so many people have talked about quitting the game because the grind is stupid. Grind is great when you can profit from it and those who don't want to grind can buy what you're grinding. grind is bad when bis ptw items are bound behind it. the Aasimer is going to be bis. if for no other reason than close to DB but can wear hats and look good in fashion. lol. they really really need to rethink this. I don't know why they thought we wanted this.

Thanks for confirmation. Considered myself stupid...

Wow, thats realy a step into: " Who cares for people, We want money" (Just my oppinion)
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    IHMO the problem is the "time". The panic starts when things are not clear, and is hard to make things clear when the whole concept is confusing. 4 phases each of those time gated, with individual purchases (and if you miss 1 purchase you are HAMSTER) or a full purchase but still time gated.

Confusing.

I would have created a permanent campaign like others with all the time to farm the favors and the upper items for free, and the aasimar race and the better items with a purchase. It would be more clear and relaxing for everyone.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Each phase should be up for 28 days even if the cap is reached before that so that is the time you have to farm, milestone will not enc before 15 September morning (as developers said in other posts and Reedit) now that i know that i dont think it will be a bad farm is 1k a day or 7k a week i not hard to hit doing the weeklies...
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    1k / day may sound cute but its ridiculously boring and tedious grind every day for next 1/3 year with very small reward overall
    Post edited by alanea#4230 on
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

1k / day may sound cute but its ridiculously boring and tedious grind every day for next 1/3 year with very small reward overall

Maybe, but that's for each individual to decide.

You think that the reward is very small? Okay, but you do not have to participate, so what is the problem?

Those that think that the reward is worthwhile can, at least as long as they have progressed far enough in the Avernus campaign, and there are always the blessings to give yourself more time if you want it.

The rollout could have been better. I will not defend that. This had never been done in the game before but we got sparse info and a lot of confusion.
    They could have also done with a longer notice, but this is supposedly going to be taken into consideration going forward, so we'll see.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    One of the worst modules implemented, not in what it offers, but on how it was put into the game.
    User experience, be damned!
    I've been playing since beta, casually, and I've always wanted the Aasimar race, as it was among my favorite races.
    I'll ignore (although it is painful) that they only appear to have taken inspiration from Planetar Aasimar (kinda the most unimpressive of the different types), but the fact that they communicated nothing beforehand to us about the pre-requisites and how things will be implemented in a timely manner, I cannot forgive.
    Not only did they not let us know we had to do the previous campaign to participate, but, also, they made some cash items limited timed, in order to unlock and enjoy all the benefits, which is a slap in the face, considering the pre-requisite campaign has weekly caps that make it so you need almost a month to unlock, and, of course, the unlock items will also be going away after the first month, which is crazy silly.
    Sure, I could buy them now, but why would I, when so little thought was put into delivering this to me?
    No, thank you.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Why do people think that oh hey there is going to be episodic content in M19, based in Avernus, "They can't possibly have a prerequisite of completing the story beforehand in order to continue the story. That is completely unfair!" I mean seriously, what else did you think was going to happen? They aren't exactly keeping things secret here.
    arazith07 said:

Why do people think that oh hey there is going to be episodic content in M19, based in Avernus, "They can't possibly have a prerequisite of completing the story beforehand in order to continue the story. That is completely unfair!" I mean seriously, what else did you think was going to happen? They aren't exactly keeping things secret here.

Because we were going by the status quo- campaigns have been implemented with no link between one another.
    By your logic, Valenhas would have been the first campaign of the Avernus 'episode', but it was not a pre-requisite for the other Avernus related campaigns until now.

> @cococya said:
    > (Quote)
    > Because we were going by the status quo- campaigns have been implemented with no link between one another.
    > By your logic, Valenhas would have been the first campaign of the Avernus 'episode', but it was not a pre-requisite for the other Avernus related campaigns until now.

Except that you do need to progress in Valenhas before fully going to Avernus. Just like you need to progress with mod 4 tyranny of dragons to get to mod 5 or with mod 12 Sosenstar River before going to mod 13 Omu. It just makes sense that you need to be able to first save Zariel and reclaim the Redeemed Citadel before you help them restore the Citadel.
    arazith07 said:

> @cococya said:

> (Quote)

> Because we were going by the status quo- campaigns have been implemented with no link between one another.

> By your logic, Valenhas would have been the first campaign of the Avernus 'episode', but it was not a pre-requisite for the other Avernus related campaigns until now.

Except that you do need to progress in Valenhas before fully going to Avernus. Just like you need to progress with mod 4 tyranny of dragons to get to mod 5 or with mod 12 Sosenstar River before going to mod 13 Omu. It just makes sense that you need to be able to first save Zariel and reclaim the Redeemed Citadel before you help them restore the Citadel.

Except you don't, not really.
    For instance, you just have to go through the cut scenes until you get into Valenhas, after it was gulped up in Avernus, and open the first campaign task, for which you get the resources from said quest. It takes 10 minutes to do this, then you can pick up the quest and talk to the Holyphant.
    Just doing the introductory quest, in order to get access to the next campaign is perfectly fine, but farming one campaign to completion before going to the next one is the issue.

So what is the consensus now?

ARE Asimar the new Dragonborn equivalent OP race or not?

It's better than all the other races except Dragonborn in raw stats, though others place heavy emphasis on the ability to have helms and not be DB as a huge plus.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    IMO,

* Asimar is BiS for healer classes.
    * Asimar, Gith, and Dragonborn compete as BiS for tank classes.
    * Asimar is viable for DPS.. but not BiS.
  • finiplays#2580 finiplays Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    exgardian said:

About Celestial Presence, the player will also get the 1% HP alongside with Celestial Superiority, summing 2% HP ?

Any reponse or clarification to this? I have heard people going with this line of thinking but it doesn't sound like it would apply