test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the redeemed citadel

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
the grind on this is outrageous. most people are not going to be able to do this with normal time constraints even in a month and the buy out still requires you to grind. that's not reasonable. if you buy something out let it just be bought out. you're going to lose players over this. this is a terrible event. standing around killing things over and over is freaking gold farming. all you're going to do is push people who otherwise would never consider botting into botting or convincing them that that other game over there is looking really good. this needs to be altered. let the buy out just be a buy out for goodness sakes.

TL:Dr.. MAKE THE BUY OUT AN HONEST BUY OUT. no grind.
Post edited by thefiresidecat on

Comments

• mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    the server progress is about 1% per hour, so it could be 20-25% per day. meaning the server could complete in 4-5 days. if a player doesnt complete their own 28000 zariels before the server completes phase 1 then it locks you out from remaining phase 1 rewards you werent able to earn. i dont see how casual players (people limited to playing a few hours each day) are not going to be able to farm faster than the grinders on the server unless they buy the reforgers blessings from the zen market
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I don't mind paying more for the aasimer race for a complete buy out. if you want 5000 for the base and then another 5000 for the grind than so be it.. but please allow people to buy this out without grind.

@mullymoomoo#7130 that's not quite true. if the server completes it you have until the next phase to complete the grind. I think it's a month. that's still a thousand a day.(and no longer directed at mullymoo moo) what about the people who can't be on that much for whatever reason or just don't have the time to grind or the will to sit there going pew pew pew at the same demon for 8 hours a day.
  • rocketwaltz#3822 rocketwaltz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    A lot people did their weeklies today, so today's progression rate is probably not indicative of what it might normally be. However, the grind is indeed kinda insane. Most people will get 3-4k favors a week. That means to get all of the rewards from the first milestone, it'd take ~7 weeks, which is kinda absurd.

Also, making the buyout a full buyout probably ins't the correct solution, imo. That still leaves everyone else who isn't going to dump $50 with a huge grind. Maybe they should consider cutting the amount of favors needed to unlock the stuff in half, or something.

A lot people did their weeklies today, so today's progression rate is probably not indicative of what it might normally be. However, the grind is indeed kinda insane. Most people will get 3-4k favors a week. That means to get all of the rewards from the first milestone, it'd take ~7 weeks, which is kinda absurd.

Also, making the buyout a full buyout probably ins't the correct solution, imo. That still leaves everyone else who isn't going to dump $50 with a huge grind. Maybe they should consider cutting the amount of favors needed to unlock the stuff in half, or something.

the buy out is for the race. you have to buy it to get the race. you don't get the race by just grinding. you get the race by grinding and buying it. for the stuff without the race the insane grind is what it is. I have nothing against them lessening it greatly.. but otoh if they want to keep it there it isn't keeping people away from what appears to be a one time thing race unlock.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Same stuff as before, but with counters and rewards. Not finding this content engaging enough to bother. Managed to get 2700 ish favors and will not be doing this over on all my chars as it is and don't think I can muster doing it on even one to completion.
    Horrible grind. Needs more variety.
  • autopickautopick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My problem is more that way, that my progress is not quite there, where i could do the event right now! I did my weekly cap, but i am still quite close to unlock the event.....and there lies the problem in my eyes.
    At that time, where i unlocked the event, the first milestone is most likely done. I don´t know if there is a "still ongoing phase", where ppl still can do the first milestone (except spending Zen).
    So in short, I have now way to participate in that event since i do not meet the requirement yet, which is really sad. And like me, i guess alot ppl don´t meet the requirement to unlock the event for at least the first milestone. If they ain´t change that, i guess i will quit just like that. It is really casual-unfriendly, just like thefiresidecat wrote........
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I really don't know what you all are complaining about. Each Milestone is going to be around for personal progress for a month (without the buyout). Sure the Server may complete the milestone early, but that has no bearing on personal progress time. Spend a bit of time each day to get 1k without weeklies, and you'll be done before the month is out. The blessings give you extra time to complete the personal progress beyond each month or so. All this information is clearly stated in the dev blog.
    arazith07 said:

I really don't know what you all are complaining about. Each Milestone is going to be around for personal progress for a month (without the buyout). Sure the Server may complete the milestone early, but that has no bearing on personal progress time. Spend a bit of time each day to get 1k without weeklies, and you'll be done before the month is out. The blessings give you extra time to complete the personal progress beyond each month or so. All this information is clearly stated in the dev blog.

the aasimer race is locked behind this grind. some people don't have this area unlocked yet. or don't have the il to kill these mobs or the time or ability to log in. even with a month this grind is barely doable with like 4 hours a day grinding straight. this is ridiculous is why people are complaining.
    edited August 2020

arazith07 said:

the aasimer race is locked behind this grind. some people don't have this area unlocked yet. or don't have the il to kill these mobs or the time or ability to log in. even with a month this grind is barely doable with like 4 hours a day grinding straight. this is ridiculous is why people are complaining.
    Aasmiar is locked behind the blessings, and then the grind yes. This is a 112 day "event" meaning 4 sections of 28 days, not one. It will be at least 3 months before anyone will be running around as an Aasimar. It honestly should only take an hour to get 1k tokens each day between the quests and kills. The only way it takes 4 hours is if you go kill only. The above blessings? They also give you more time to grind out.
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

Aasmiar is locked behind the blessings, and then the grind yes. This is a 112 day "event" meaning 4 sections of 28 days, not one. It will be at least 3 months before anyone will be running around as an Aasimar. It honestly should only take an hour to get 1k tokens each day between the quests and kills. The only way it takes 4 hours is if you go kill only. The above blessings? They also give you more time to grind out.
    you shouldn't have to grind it out if you are buying it out and not everyone even has an hour a day to kill mobs or play a particular dungeon. or is even leveled up enough to do so or have the zone unlocked. some people literally can only log in on the weekends. this is not a reasonable event with the race locked behind a grind. that you have to pay for. you don't get the race free for the grind. you have to buy it and then grind it. that's not ok. I don't even mind if they charge more to skip the grind but if they're going to charge you money you shouldn't have to grind as well. it's a buy out. let it be an honest buy out.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Why people think everything should be for everyone? If you are not in endgame then you don`t simply need these items. And until you get to endgame there will be better things waiting for you. If you don`t know how to farm Zariel Favors, just find the easyest way. It must be that way if you refuse to enter TOMM and get the weapons for n reasons. This is a battlepass and even If I am not fully satisfied about low number of challenges I think it is a good step made forword. The bundle unlock items that are fashion centered and items that don`t necessary replace bis items such as rings, companions, neck/waist. do not talk about the race.
    I'm sure some time after the event is over, you can buy the race straight out at a higher price. But considering that we won't have the race available until 3+ months from now, I am perfectly ok with the little bit of grinding that is in the event. Gives people a reason to log in if they want to rewards. As far as unable to play during the week...even as a weekend warrior can keep up with only a few hours on Sat/Sun and weekly quests. 7k tokens on the weekend is completely doable. Leveling can be done fairly quickly, you will only miss maybe three-four weeks and with the blessings you have an unlimited amount of time.

I think the main purpose of locking the race behind content is to get players to play the content without just whaling like you can with Dragonborn and Gith without even playing the game.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    While the grind is EXTREMELY ridiculous and almost no-one with even a semblance of a life will be able to complete it naturally, the buy-out not being instant/total isn't a bad thing.

If you buy all of them, which let's be honest; many people will do solely for access to the race probably, then you have as long as you want to complete your personal milestones whether it be within the event time or days/weeks/months afterward. The citadel will disappear but the favor will still be obtainable for you until you finish your milestones.

The real problem is that on console by the time the event starts, 99% of people still won't be eligible for the event so it will be a few dozen people at most who get to participate and tbh, that's not okay.

The Event should definitely be delayed for console for another month or two.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    If the items where BIS i could understand the argument of "I want to buy that items"

But whats the point to pay for not play? This "event" is an excuse to give you something to do, like for example do dungeons that I didnt do for years, well that was a bit of fun.

the items are meh, so the only point is the race and maybe some items from the paid line, but if you pay, you have all the time you want to complete it so do it at your rithm.

I can agree with you that the grind is maybe too much for some players, I think we should have like the double of missions weekly (4800 favors instead of 2400) but well. They are trying to do something different to keep people engaged. I like this direction but need to be polished for the future. Thats why we give feedback.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    I can't even get the quest to do this, so what kind off grind is waiting for me when I finally be able to get the quest from Alric or Knox.... and believe me I searched everywhere for Knox
    indro100 said:

I can't even get the quest to do this, so what kind off grind is waiting for me when I finally be able to get the quest from Alric or Knox.... and believe me I searched everywhere for Knox

There is no starter quest, you just need to be able to travel to the Citadel in Avernus (Mote of Virtue quest from Lulu). Basically have the trial unlocked (no need to actually do the trial).
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I need to add that this has shut out a lot of players who usually mostly can play on the weekend. Did the developers design this for the hardcore grinders and bot farms only, because for anyone else this is a slap in the face.
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User

I need to add that this has shut out a lot of players who usually mostly can play on the weekend.

well those can grind it during weekend .. weekly 7k can be done in single day sure its still +- 7 hours of boring grind .. another way is buyout 4-5k zen and you have as much time as you need
    basically they just added new limitation on campaign selling you unlock to make it normal

lets just hope its not becoming new standard
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    IMHO there should be rewards for casual, semi-casual and players who have time to grind.
    First two "checkpoints" should be achievable even for casual players (casual players are still on older content, so, there is no time to grind this for hours every day), third "cp" for semi, and 4th one for most dedicated players. With every reward/checkpoint people should be satisfied. It's not good when all eggs are in one basket. It's not good for game, not for player base.

If the items where BIS i could understand the argument of "I want to buy that items"

But whats the point to pay for not play? This "event" is an excuse to give you something to do, like for example do dungeons that I didnt do for years, well that was a bit of fun.

the items are meh, so the only point is the race and maybe some items from the paid line, but if you pay, you have all the time you want to complete it so do it at your rithm.

I can agree with you that the grind is maybe too much for some players, I think we should have like the double of missions weekly (4800 favors instead of 2400) but well. They are trying to do something different to keep people engaged. I like this direction but need to be polished for the future. Thats why we give feedback.

the whine is for the aasimar race, not the other things. you have to buy the buy out to get the race. you don't get it from playing. if you want the aasimar race you have to pay for it and they still require the grind even though it is posed as a "buy out" the other things are inconsequential. the aasimar race is pretty much bis though.